main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Jurassic World, Fallen Kingdom, Dominion & Camp Cretaceous

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthBoba, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I was really pulling for either Brolin or Idris Elba. Obviously Brolin has more important things to deal with, and I wish him well. No offense to Pratt, but I think the movie needs to be anchored by someone a bit more commanding.

JP had the kid hacker. JP2 had the kid doing Gymkata. JP3 had the kid survivalist. I suspect JP4 will have the kids doing something contemporary and relatable. Perhaps distracting a pack of velociraptors by twerking, or using social media to save to day. In fact, I suspect the poster will be a T-Rex selfie doing the whole ducklips thing with the tag line "#YOLO... unless you're a dinosaur." .

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Maybe it'll be like the climax of Mars Attacks! where the kids play Gangam Style on a loudspeaker and all of the T-Rex's heads explode?

3. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
  4. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1721916/jurassic-world-chris-pratt.jhtml

Three Amazing Things Chris Pratt Told Us About The Next 'Jurassic Park' Movie

The future 'Jurassic World' star reveals where his character falls on the Goldblum-Neill spectrum.

Chris Pratt is pretty much living the dreaming right now. "The LEGO Movie," his first starring role, opens in theaters this week. This summer, his second headlining part — in a Marvel movie no less — hits theaters. The summer after that, he'll lead the new "Jurassic Park" movie.
    "Jurassic World," as it's being called, has fans of the original eager to see if Steven Spielberg and writer-director Colin Trevorrow can breathe new life in the dormant dinosaur series, and thanks to our recent talk with Pratt, we know that the leading man thinks they can pull it off.

Pratt couldn't tell us too much about "Jurassic World," but what we did get out of him should be enough to get fans excited.

There is a simple question at the heart of the story.
    After three movies about dinosaurs that are essentially trapped on a secluded island. Why the hell would anyone go back there? Pratt explained that not only does "Jurassic World" address that question, but the answer to it was one of the reasons he joined the movie in the first place.
    "What I liked about it was it answers the question, 'Why would you do that?' How do you suspend disbelief to be like 'Oh, yes, let's make this mistake again'? 'We haven't learned our lesson about dinosaurs. We should definitely live with them to see how that works out after three tries at it,' " Pratt said. "[Trevorrow] answers the question really well through the script. Colin did a great job of writing it and justifying it, in his own way having fun with. Anybody who goes in with that question will be really amused, the way I was, about how they answer that."

Pratt geeked out when he realized he was getting the role.
    Pratt has always made it clear that "Jurassic Park" was a huge movie for him growing up, so it's not totally surprising that he would get a little excited about the idea of joining the series a leading man. One day, before he was cast, Pratt chatted with Trevorrow and got introspective during the talk. "I sat down with him... and we just started getting excited about this. In the back of my mind, I was like 'Dude, this is going to happen. They want you to do this movie.' I remember him telling me, 'Yeah, they're not going to tell you this, but we want you to do it.' I was like, 'Buhhh. Really? Oh God. Really?' "

His character is somewhere in between Jeff Goldblum's and Sam Neill's.
    When it comes to heroes of "Jurassic Park," there are essentially two types. You've got Dr. Alan Grant's (Sam Neill) respect for prehistoric life, and then there's Dr. Ian Malcolm (Jeff Goldblum), who's all "Life finds a way."
    So which kind of dino-dueling hero will Pratt play? The actor said he character falls somewhere between the two, explaining, "He's got a little of both. He's got a little bit of the Goldblum cynicism, but also the Sam Neill excitement and the wonder of the biology of it all."

5. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
  6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I can't take that spoiler seriously...

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    His character must be named Richard Parker.

8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Oh, wait, I read the spoiler wrong. My bad. I thought they were having Vincent D'Onofrio play an Indian character...

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    B.D.Wong's Dr Wu will be returning in JW, but no other characters.

"He had a much larger role in the original novel, he was the engineer of this breakthrough in de-extinction. He spent two decades living in Hammond’s shadow, under appreciated. We think there’s more to his story."

"I know a lot of fans want to see the original characters back. They're iconic. But I respect those actors too much to shoehorn them into this story for my own sentimental reasons. Jurassic Park isn't about the bad luck of three people who keep getting thrown into the same situation. The only reason they'd go back to that island is if the screenwriters contrived a reason for them to go."

10. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Hmm, positive souding news.

11. Super_Battle_Droid

May 8, 2002
    spicer likes this.
  12. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    I just got the trilogy on blu-ray so I'll be revisiting them whenever I actually get it.

Bum-bum bum-bum bum-bum-bum bum-bum bum bum

13. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    TLW is pretty decent until the last 30 minutes or so.

14. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Each of the movies has some good stuff, but the two sequels are a lot more frustrating to watch whereas the first is gripping and awe-inspiring (especially if you've seen it several times in the cinema the last couple of years as I have).

15. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    If they did that . . . my butt = in the seat.

Chris Pratt having an amazing career; the post above mentioned The Lego Movie and Guardians of the Galaxy, but they didn't mention his memorable supporting role in Her. That's two four star movies (with Guardians of the Galaxy hopefully also being good) in less than a calendar year. Good on the guy.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  16. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Chris Pratt kind of tripped into being a ginormous movie star and it's so amazingly fun to watch.

I actually really like both the sequels a lot, mostly because as a kid I kind of watched them all a lot. So while I think all dinosaurs are awesome, and they add Pterosaurs, I'm on board. I really liked the raptors in that one.

TLW has A LOT of GREAT AMAZING SCENES and while I kind of dig parts of the LA thing, it's just kind of weaker overall.

I grew up on the third one so while I can see why it's not liked, it kind of has so much sentimental value for me I all kind of make it all work and make sense.

So basically if this new one has a decent amount of dinosaur action, some decent performances from the leads and a 'not bad' story, I'll probably love it.

It's going hard from them to make I movie I won't like basically.

17. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Wow, no Goldblum, but they're bringing back B.D. Wong. Huh, did not see that coming. At this rate, Goldblum's probably going to be written out of Independence Day 2 in favor of more Harvey Fierestein.

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm pretty sure Harvey's character died in the NY firestorm.

19. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    No he drove away into a tunnel to live out the rest of his days.

20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Is he even still actively acting? Or is he another one of what I call "decade actors", people who are seemingly everywhere one decade and then pretty much gone the next?

21. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
  22. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Yep, poor dude opened the door to the Hotel and gets grabbed by the raptors. Guts ripped out and everything.

I LOL'd.

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Concept art showing how Isla Nublar's facilities have been converted into a luxary resort.

[​IMG]

EDIT- And we can also add Judy Greer, Katie McGrath and Lauren Lapkus to the cast.

24. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
  25. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Part of why Neill and Goldblum were so good on screen is because of how diametrically opposite from one another they were. The hotchpotch approach will just amount to mediocrity.