main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Jurassic World, Fallen Kingdom, Dominion & Camp Cretaceous

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthBoba, Jun 18, 2011.

1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    TLW is OK, it went a bit overboard with stuff but it was a fun movie with good effects and decent acting.

JP3 was silly, overly smart raptors and Spinosaurus killing T-Rex was just.........no

2. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    JP3 had William H Macy though.

3. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    So no one want grown-up Timmy to return to JP?
    He's survived the electric fence AND has been to war in The Pacific, so he could return as part of a military vs. dinosaurs storyline, surviving the island on the dino knowledge given to him by Dr.Grant.

Oh, and how about R. Lee Ermey is his squad leader? It couldn't be a PG-13 movie in that case, though. Just imagine the curses coming out of his mouth when facing off the T-Rex before biting the dust.

4. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Given the screenplay is to be written by the team that did Rise of the Planet of the Apes, there is some hope it could work.

As for Timmy, I'm fine with it if he has depth. Having some dude run about gunning down Dinos can be done by any grunt actor.

5. StarWarrior92

StarWarrior92 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 7, 2011
    I would love for an adult Timmy to make a return to JP. Maybe adult Lex as well.

Obi-Zahn Kenobi likes this.
  6. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    Or have Jurassic Park Over Texas. :p

That's the plot of the Jurassic Park: Redemption comics.....Tim Murphy has grown up and rebuilt inGen, and started cloning dinosaurs for a new park in Texas.
    [​IMG]
    Hijinks ensue.

[​IMG]

7. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Cowboys vs Dinosaurs should be a sequel to Cowboys vs Aliens, not part of the JP franchise

8. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I've actually seen this movie years ago on tv. The cowboy kills the T. Rex by luring it into a pit of quicksand. A really, really, really deep pit of quicksand. It's kind of amazing as a movie.

9. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
    How about Jurassic Park at a Texas nuclear power plant?
    [​IMG]

10. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  11. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
  12. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    This is not Avatar

Dinosaurs are freaky as they are, no need to tamper with them to make them more ridiculous just to be "cool"

13. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Genetic experiments by InGen gone wrong? Or that guy who Dennis Nedry worked for?

14. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    They were already mutants because they had amphibian DNA (for reasons unknown, why not give them bird DNA?), no needto go overbaord and make them look like some crazy dragon from an online fantasy game.

15. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    I think they look cool. Love the bright colours.

[​IMG]

16. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
    Bright colours are one thing. I remember that in the novels, Crichton described the raptors as being orange-tan with dark red/brown tiger stripes.

But creating brand new creatures just for the hell of it? Hell no. The only one of those creations I'd want to see on screen is the feathered velociraptor, since it's the closest to what actual velociraptors looked like.

And why are they all wearing broken shackles? This ain't King Kong!

17. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Some cool concept art from the originally planned version of JP4 has surfaced. Despite being against the idea of Human-Dinosaur hybrid stuff, some of those pictures are pretty cool.

18. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Errr... a bit too Sci-Fi for my perception of the Jurassic Park universe, IMO.
    Glad it got scrapped. They should focus on using pre-existing dinosaur types we've never seen in the films before.

19. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
    Dude.....NO. **** NO.

Human-Dinosaur hybrids? HUMAN-DINOSAUR HYBRIDS?!!!

F:eek:SJDL:FSL:KID:LFKLS:LD:FK:LSK:LD<FJ;lSD{gfsand,l;l,sak;lasnz;ladsplsxA NO NO NO NO ON BLOODY F GODDAMMIT NO.

IT'S THE FREAKIN MARIO BROTHERS MOVIE.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

**** UNIVERSAL BURN THEM TO THE ******** GROUND FOR TRYING TO SANDUSKY MY CHILDHOOD.

20. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Aytee-Aytee, you've just made a fairly compelling case against yourself, my friend.

:p

21. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
    We all have our little points of insanity. Some people freak out when Batman pulls out a Bat-credit card. Some people freak out when Mohamed is drawn as a political cartoon.

I freak out when they start talking about HUMAN DINOSAUR HYBRIDS IN A JURASSIC PARK MOVIE.....MY GOD DID THEY EVEN PAY ATTENTION TO THE BACKLASH FROM ALIEN RESURRECTION?

YOU JUST DON'T DO THAT KIND OF STUPID **** .

GRAAARRRGH.

EDIT -- OH, OH IVE GOT IT. HOW ABOUT A LORD OF THE RINGS MOVIE STARRING HOBBIT AND BALROG HYBRIDS? HUH? HUH?

22. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    At this point I'm glad the hybrids got scrapped but I think the problem is that jp2 and jp3 left bad tastes in people's mouths so at this point the hybrid thing is just too far out there. Like Aytee said it reminds me of the worst movie creature ever, the alien/human hybdrid from Alien 4.

23. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Going back a ways, I'd love to see Tim return to the story. Joe Mazzello proved himself still a very good actor in The Pacific. Though I don't really know about Ariana Richards :p But yeah I'd love to see Tim back. Especially if Alan is also back (please please please?)

24. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Alan was the only highlight of JP3, besides seeing that Laura Dern has somehow actually gotten more beautiful since the early 1990s. She positively glowed in her first scene.

25. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Just make it about Dinosaurs. Ordinary, destructive, big, scary Dinosaurs. Not really smart trap-setting Dinosaurs, not Dinosaur-Human hydbrids, not Dinosaurs with guns.

Just Dinosaurs. They don't need to be improved upon.

DINOSAURS!!!