main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Jurassic World, Fallen Kingdom, Dominion & Camp Cretaceous

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthBoba, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    What’s the Trump joke?

2. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    He got elected president.

3. JediVision

JediVision Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2015
    After the first scene of the movie (which is a quasi-horror introductory scene like the "shoot her!" scene in the original) the stage is set for the movie via a BBC report with a bunch of expository dialogue about the situation on the island. Among other things crawling across the ticker on the bottom is, "US President questions 'existence of dinosaurs in the first place.'"

EHT and Ghost like this.
  4. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    There's another jab at Trump in the film too, but now I can't remember it. Kind of like with the rest of the film - it's instantly forgetable.

5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Life, uh, is forgettable.

6. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    That was a bad movie too.

7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
  8. Daft-Vader

Daft-Vader Chosen One star 8

Aug 6, 2008
    It's weird, I both enjoyed the film, and agree with your review at the same time. 8-}

I think the horror aspect went a bit too far,
    and guessed the little girl reveal quite early on
    . Whilst I somewhat disliked the whole weaponised dinosaur plot from JW, it does feel like something Michael Crichton would have done (especially if you have read his other books.)
    One thing I did wonder... what would have happened if the Indominus incident never occured, what would have happened to the park then...

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  9. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Amazon just sent my JW Fallen Kingdom soundtrack I pre ordered the CD they say it will be here tomorrow in the mail!

I don't know how this film will be received in the states but based on how the box office has been awesome in Europe and Asia I think so far people are loving it to bits so to speak! My Entire Family except me is going to Disney on the 21st and staying for about a week and I don't drive so I cant see JW till after opening weekend but my little sister is coming home on the 25th so that is when I will see it!

@JediVision
    Did you see the movie in English the way it was intended to be or dubbed in German?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
    Daft-Vader likes this.
  10. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Just got my Soundtrack Today It is really Awesome and Epic just like the First JW!

11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm seeing it Thursday evening. I have no expectations.

12. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    That's a good strategy.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  13. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    Ugh. This movie.

JP is in my top 5. Like TLW. Liked JW, even though it’s big and dumb.

This move starts off fantastic. Loved the opening. Loved the moral questions raised.

The island stuff was boarder line but still good.

Then it just goes off the rails. So many really forced moments for JP but fine so much worse.
    The worst is the ‘grand daughter’ plot.

The really annoying sidekick. Felt like a character out of Godzilla 1998.

Can’t believe they have so much money and approved this!

14. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000

I'm seeing Fallen Kingdom tonight.

15. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    see @Diggy ? It's official now!

Diggy likes this.
  16. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    There's a pretty decent Lego Jurassic World on the Netflixs (and on the youtubes!) that is a fairly accurate representation of Jurassic World in 22 minutes if one doesn't have the time to invest fully in watching the first Jurassic World film

17. JediVision

Sep 6, 2015
    I'm going to be extremely disappointed in the moviegoing populace if this train wreck of a movie isn't being savaged over the next few days.

But then again, The Dark Knight Rises is in IMDB Top 250 instead of the Bottom 100, so probably not.

(And no, I'm not some film snob. I loved the first JW)

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  18. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    This is like people that rooted from Trump in the primaries and are "surprised" by how he's governing.

heels1785 likes this.
  19. JediVision

Sep 6, 2015
    JW doesn't have any pretentions of being anything more than "Jurassic Park-on-20-years-of-improved-CGI steroids." This movie tries to add narrative and thematic complexity and instead it's a total campfest.

If they wanted to transcend the "Dinosaurs run amok on island theme park" premise, they should have explored the "Do extinct creatures artificially brought back have the same 'rights' as other 'real' endangered species?" angle that is only hinted at here.

20. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    Completely agree!

21. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Wocky, thank you for indirectly defending The Dark Knight Rises.

You are at peak honour.

22. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    The Dark Knight Rises was like voting for Bush in 2004 and being surprised how everything turned out to be a disaster.

heels1785 likes this.
  23. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    [​IMG]

I voted for Bush in 2004. I don't like that I did.

Ipso facto, The Dark Knight Rises is a cinematic masterpiece. You have brought me reassurance and clarity, and I thank you.

Also Wock, we've hijacked the Jurassic Park thread on the day before the movie releases. Surely that represents some sort of accomplishment.

24. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    Does it? Now we can at least say it's about something, unlike what would have resulted had people tried to discuss this "film."

25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    That's right. The Jurassic Earth Tumbling Standards thread has now become the Family Matters/Dark Knight Appreciation thread.

Sing it with me, Wock.

As days go by, it's the bigger love, of the family. Because that's what's important, the family - not talking dinosaurs. Bruce Wayne fights to preserve his family in The Dark Knight Rises, the innocent people of Gotham, and sacrifices his way of life for them in the most valiant of methods, by detonating an atomic bomb on his head. Bruce Wayne is, in fact, a variation of Carl Winslow. The same cannot be said of Star-Lord.