main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Jurassic World, Fallen Kingdom, Dominion & Camp Cretaceous

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthBoba, Jun 18, 2011.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    The kid in this was definitely less annoying than the brothers in Jurassic World and this one I thought was interestingly, if left field crazy, integrated into the plot of the larger Jurassic universe. But to far outta 5 Jurassic movies the only kids I liked where Lexie and Tim. They just have some great reactions to the craziness happening around them. Lexie's It's a Unix System moment is a bit much but there's a nice pace to the scene so it gets a pass.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
    Ghost likes this.
  2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I remember liking the capable kid in JP3, but it's been too long since I last watched it that I don't recall specifics.

Same for Ian's daughter. My dislike for her gymnastics routine overshadows everything else (it just really annoys me that you could cut out the one shot of her twirling around from that and turn it into a jump-grab-swing-kick and make it so much better).

3. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I am not saying everyone who doesn't like a character don't like him for the same reason I am just questioning some people why they didn't like him. :)You seem like a good person You are a respectful poster that gives your fair amount of likes to others and has a lot to contribute to these boards I am sorry If I offended you or anyone on here I am not insinuating anyone on here Is racist your all cool I was just throwing something out there for discussion again I am sorry If I offended anyone. I will say a lot of Phycologists say everyone in the world is a little racist even if on a subconscious level and just to put it all in to perspective Phycologists think at some point all people in life are attracted to both sexes even if on a subconscious level sory if that last part seemed off topic but I was just trying to give A viewpoint or a couple of viewpoints that might be controversial for perspective on why phycoligists think the way they think and that everyone thinks things and they don't even know it...

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  4. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
  5. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Why Is the volcano part unrealistic? Isn't there right now a volcano ravaging Hawaii?

6. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    ^ It's called humour...

Leoluca Randisi likes this.
  7. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    yea I know but I have heard that as a legitimate beef with some people.

solo77 likes this.
  8. Daft-Vader

Daft-Vader Chosen One star 8

Aug 6, 2008
    One point raised in that though I didn't think about - what is the point of aiming a gin with a laser at someone to get the Indoraptor to kill them??

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  9. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    well if the raptor is trained in war like situations then it is to take out the enemy. If you mean why did Claire point it at Owen she new it would fool the Indoraptor and that Owen would get out of the way. really not that complex or complicated. ;) some people really reach to find plot holes its why some hate good movies really disappointing that people just cant enjoy movies they have to analyze and rip apart with a fine tooth comb i personally don't watch movies like that i go in with low expectations sit back eat my popcorn drink my soda and enjoy. most films i watch are popcorn flicks anyway weather its star wars Indiana Jones or JW/JP

A bigger question I have are they going back to the title JP instead of JW in the third one? What If the title was Jurassic World Jurassic Park ....

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  10. Daft-Vader

Daft-Vader Chosen One star 8

Aug 6, 2008
    I was referring to the war situation - if you have a gun trained at someone, you wouldn't need a soldier. Personally, I can happily take it not as a plot hole, but as Dr Wu and co overestimating what an army would really want genetic monsters for.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  11. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I'm not a big weapons guy but I don't think it was a gun and if it was no problem with having a back up Indoraptor if you don't have to use the gun why use the gun save the bullets.

12. Starkiller17

Starkiller17 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 6, 2010
    I saw the movie on Monday night, and I absolutely loved it. I thought it was a step in a new direction for the franchise. Let's be honest, as much as I am a fan of the franchise, after 4 movies on an island it was refreshing to go somewhere else for a change.

I thought the Indoraptor was creepy as hell, and it chasing and stalking Owen, Claire and Maisie through the mansion was fantastically shot. It sort of reminded of the first Resident Evil game but with a dinosaur.

All in all I'd rank it 2nd behind the original and ahead of the 1st Jurassic World.

13. MoffJacob

MoffJacob Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 25, 2015
    best Jurassic movie after the '93 original, yet not necessarily the most entertaining; perhaps a couple of evident deus ex machina in the third act, but hey, the original had them too...Overall JW:FK doesn't have the occasional puerile silliness of JW (running away from a T.Rex in high heels, bored teen with his iPhone) or the blatant plot holes of JP:TLW (plus slow pacing) and III...

I just DON'T get the 51% at Rotten Tomatoes; too many so-called "professional" critics pointing out that the second part of the movie is just a "horror flick set in a neo-gothic mansion" ...So? that's not a flaw, that's just a mere complaint about a setting-genre you didn't want-expect.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  14. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Saw this with my wife and kids yesterday. I went in fairly spoiler-free other than the trailers, and not necessarily expecting a whole lot... we pretty much automatically see these because we're kind of hooked on Jurassic Park/World movies. But we all really liked it. It was much better than I expected.

The direction and story felt tighter and more focused than the first JW movie, and the shift to the mainland setting at the northern California mansion was pretty cool; no complaints about horror movie cliches or anything there, it was really just more Jurassic movie tension but in a different setting. I really liked the flashbacks and videos used to give an expanded background to the relationship between Owen and Blue. I got that they had a connection in the last one, but it could have done more to really show why; this one did that, and very well I thought. In rankings of all five movies so far, the original JP is still first for me... this one is probably second or third overall.

15. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I didn't mind the brothers in JW at all the worst kid in any of these films had to be the kid in JP3 followed by Ian Malcom's daughter in TLW …

16. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    I also really liked JW: Fallen Kingdom.
    First of all, we had so much fun at the theater and the audience was very engaged. Sometimes it's good to just see a really cool dinosaur movie and not get too worked up about plausibility and plot and all the rest. It was just an enjoyable experience.

The dinosaurs looked gorgeous and the variety of species was impressive. I've wanted to see some of these onscreen for a long time. The humor was effective too, many of us laughed quite a lot. And lastly, the score was brilliant. I'm a big fan of Michael Giacchino. The chorus used in Day of Indo-Pendence was epic.

After the original, I would rank JW: FK second in the franchise.

17. MoffJacob

MoffJacob Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 25, 2015
    Also, I'd like to add that (SPOILERS?) two scenes deeply touched me: the stranded Brachiosaurus, and ALL the dinos together, helpless and lovable, trying to leave the facility and the poison gas, their fate at the hands of a 7 yo clone girl...
    Bayona knows how to pull our strings...

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
    Leoluca Randisi and EHT like this.
  18. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Loved those two parts too.

Leoluca Randisi and MoffJacob like this.
  19. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    JW3...

Might have Sam Neill and Laura Dern.

20. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I would love this to be true!

21. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I'd love them, but I'd like an adult Lex and Tim even more.

Jedi Daniel likes this.
  22. AutumnLight91

AutumnLight91 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2018
    I saw JW last night. Absolutely had the nostalgia going watching it. Even though I've known what will happen it was still great to see it all the way through.

Jedi Daniel and Dagobahsystem like this.
  23. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Imo movie started out pretty boring, but ended on a high note.

Reaaally enjoyed it!

24. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I went to see JW 2 Yesterday at 12:10PM with my dad and Nephew they have yet to see It a first time. I loved It the first time but there are always things you miss the first time with films like this and I loved It even more the second time! One scene I really dug this time at the end of the film Blue on that mountain overlooking that Valley and a town somewhere in California It reminded me of a similar scene in Steven Spielberg's ET and Abrams Super 8 very Spielberg like! My dad and nephew loved it as well my Nephew who Is Autistic and repeats everything he hears loved the line Is there Blood In my mouth from the Blood transfusion with T-Rex blood for Blue when they removed the bullet. I actually really like Owens Backstory with Blue! I still stand by that this is no more a horror film then any other JP Film or the first JW Film or Jaws It still had that same JP Film feel! What gets me Is people leaving the theater rolling there eyes saying how ridiculous the whole thing is, Heck I heard that in the theater back in 1993 with the original nothing new here folks.

I think the next film should be Owen and Claire trying to round up the Dinosaurs and trying to get them to that secluded Island. But as we know from these movies the best laid out plans don't always go according to plan...

one thing that ticked me off the ticket taker when we got there it was about 11:30AM but our movie was at 12:10PM she asked if we wanted a ticket to a showing that had already started about 5-10 minutes ago:rolleyes: Why would we want to see a movie that started about 5-10 minutes ago that's stupid my dad and nephew never saw the film. Plus we want good seats that's why we get there early and then if we see a movie that already started we gotta crawl over people in the dark to find a seat. What an idiot the ticket taker must be.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    heels1785 likes this.
  25. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I just bought Jurassic World FK on Digital I watched it a few days ago I forgot how good this film was I cant wait to see how Trevorrow finishes this all up so far I loved both Jurassic World movies one was light hearted one was dark the third should be a total homage to The first one!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
    Jedi Daniel likes this.