main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Just A Boy...Anakin/Palpainte...A Halloweenish Vig

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by KELIA, Oct 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Title: Just A Boy
    Author: Kelia
    Characters: Anakin and Palpatine
    Timeframe: One year post TPM
    Genre: AU/Drama

Anakin quietly crept through the darkened hallways of the Jedi Temple, his mind focused on monitoring the status of the inhabitants currently in residence. He allowed himself a quick smile as he realized all but the two Masters assigned to monitor all incoming communications were soundly asleep. That meant he would have no trouble eluding notice as he slipped outside into the cool Coruscant night.

In the year he had been at the Temple, he?d concentrated on being the perfect Jedi padawan, as all the other initiates did. There had never been any trouble with the younglings sneaking out. Anakin thought it was because every hour of their waking lives was packed full of activity leaving everyone too exhausted to do much more than contemplate escaping the Temple for a few hours of freedom.

He didn?t mind, though. Keeping focused on his life-long dream helped ease the pain of being separated from his beloved mother. His secret late night meetings with Chancellor Palpatine and the things he learned from him also helped to keep him focused and motivated.

His surprise mentor had taught him so much in such a short time, so much more than what he had learned from the Jedi and he knew Palpatine?s lessons would help him accomplish his dream far more than anything the Jedi taught him.

Anakin found that truth to frustrating. He knew deep in his soul he was destined to be a Jedi, yet he also knew achieving that status would play no part in him fulfilling his destiny.

He also found himself grateful there would be more to his life than just destroying the Sith. Not that such a pivotal duty was anything to scoff at, but it was something Anakin knew would be accomplished in a short period of time and he was glad there would be something else to fill what he hoped would be a very long life.

Upon reaching the Chancellor?s apartment building, he paused to take a deep breath of fresh crisp air. He diverted the security guard?s attention by silently planting the suggestion an urgent visit to the fresher was needed and eased unseen into the plush lobby of 500 Republica.

Palpatine had instilled the necessity of him never being seen by anyone when he came to visit and Anakin took that instruction very seriously. He certainly didn?t want to cause any trouble for his friend and he also did not want to have to explain his visits to his Master or the Jedi Council.

He made his way to the nearest elevator and a minute later was pushing the doorbell to Palpatine?s apartment. The door slid open immediately revealing a surprised Palpatine who quickly ushered his unexpected guest inside.

?Anakin,? he greeted with a forced smile. ?I wasn?t expecting you tonight.? Ever the gracious host, Palpatine guided Anakin to his luxuriously decorated sitting room. ?I was just having some tea before bed,? he stated gesturing to a small teapot and matching cup on an end table. ?Would you like some??

?Sure,? Anakin nodded as he settled into an antique chair.

?I?ll be right back.?

Anakin gazed out the window across the room at the constant traffic speeding by while Palpatine hastily retrieved an extra cup from his kitchen.

?It?s a special Nubian blend,? he announced as he poured steaming amber liquid into Anakin?s cup. ?I hope you like it.?

?I?m sure I will.? Anakin took the drink and cautiously sipped. ?Not bad,? he whispered controlling his wince at the unpleasant taste.

?What can I do for you, son?? Palpatine reached for his tea, taking a generous gulp.

?I felt compelled to come tonight,? Anakin replied in a soft tone, shrugging his shoulders before continuing, ?I don?t really know why, though.?

?I?m always glad to see you,? Palpatine responded unable to control the bewilderment in his voice. ?And you are welcome here anytime,? he paused giving Anakin a questioning glance. ?I feel there is something on your mind.?

?There sorta is,? Anakin agreed.

2. snowspeeder_gunner

snowspeeder_gunner Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Ooooooh spooky!

But also awesome! I loved this line:

The corners of Anakin?s mouth twitched upwards as he watched Palpatine?s amused expression change to one of shock.

Old Palpy never saw it coming. Great job!

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    WOW Anakin turning evil and killing Palpatine.

great viggie=D==D==D==D=

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    ?Of course I will,? Anakin chuckled as he watched the life drain from the Chancellor?s body. ?After all, I?m just a boy.?

After picking up his cup and emptying the remaining contents back into the teapot, he slipped it into his pocked and crossed the room.

?Who was never here.?

Beautifully crafted! =D=

5. GuNgAnFaN3090

GuNgAnFaN3090 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 16, 2008
    Great, great job. I loved it!!!

I loved the "After all, I'm just a boy" part. Great stuff!

6. karebear214

karebear214 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2002
    That was totally awesome!

7. Blue Ice Cream

Blue Ice Cream Chosen One star 6

Aug 9, 2006
    That was fiendishly wicked.

Truly worthy of a halloween post.

What a great job!

8. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    ?The Force created me to destroy you,? Anakin sneered. ?Did you really think it wouldn?t have also allowed me to recognize you??

Brilliant! Absolutely hats-off! And that line sure sends shivers up and down my spine. I wonder just how close to canon it could be --- and how Anakin might have deliberately blinded himself from seeing Palpatine's darkness because he didn't want to turn against his friend.

?I think I should just kill the Sith and get that part over with.?

LOL! Priceless. Palpatine's been thinking all this while he's playing Anakin --- only for the boy to have been playing him all along. And this Anakin didn't bother going to the Council. He just took matters into his own hands. Brilliant again.

I've always wanted to make out time to read your stories and I'm glad I did. Thanks for sharing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.