main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Just a Kiss- K/J (post-NJO)- VERY PG- Author's Note: Aug. 13, 2009- SFFA Winner for Best Romance

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JainaDurron, Dec 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyAngelic

LadyAngelic Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2004
    I Just found this...Great Job! I can't wait for more.

2. kyps_godess

kyps_godess Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    uppies!!

oh can't wait for the ost this week! it will be a good break from revision from my A-Levels!

kt

3. Ireth_Tasartir

Ireth_Tasartir Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2003
    Welcome back :)

And uppers!! ;)

4. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    It's a shorter post but I'm trying to get back into the swing of writing. Hope everyone likes it, longer post next time. :)

~~

"I'm sorry Jaina, I really am," Tenel Ka said.

"I just wanted to be the one to tell my parents at least," Jaina said. She shrugged, finding comfort in Kyp's strong hands on her shoulders.

Tenel Ka looked uncertainly at Jacen. Her emotions were higher due to her pregnancy. Once confident in everything she did, she suddenly felt herself being weighed down with uncertainty. "I didn't think, I'm sorry," she whispered.

Jaina stepped forward and hugged her future sister-in-law. "It's okay, Tenel Ka, really," she said softly. "Either way they would have found out."

"But still, it wasn't my place," Tenel Ka said. Jacen put his hands on her shoulders.

"It's okay, Tenel Ka," Kyp said softly. "Don't get upset. Maybe it's better you did, Leia didn't have to be shocked twice at different times." He grinned cheekily. Tenel Ka laughed, sniffling a little.

"Why don't you get some rest," Jaina said softly, hugging her again. "You are sleeping for two now and you really looked exhausted."

"I am tired," Tenel Ka admitted. Jacen suddenly looked concerned. Despite being pregnant, Tenel Ka never admitted to many weaknesses, be it fatigue, hunger or illness.

"Time for bed, then," Jacen said, his arm coming around his future wife.

"We're going for a walk," Kyp said, tugging Jaina to him. He gave Tenel Ka a smile, sending a wave to her through the Force to ease some of her misgivings over telling their secret for them. Tenel Ka smiled thankfully at him before allowing Jacen to lead her away.

Jaina and Kyp walked out of Tenel Ka's sitting room and began strolling down the hall, cutting through one of the side doors to reach the outside courtyard where they entered the garden maze. "You are too quiet, love," Kyp said, his arm around Jaina, his fingers caressing the flesh of her bare back.

"Just thinking," Jaina said, leaning against his side.

"So your parents know, and we have a wedding to start planning," Kyp commented.

"Can we not talk about it tonight?" Jaina asked.

Kyp looked down with a frown. "Jaina?"

Jaina winced as she realized what she said. She turned in his arms and looked up into his dark eyes. "I didn't mean that like it sounded," she said. "I just meant, can we just enjoy each other's time before we get down to planning?"

"Are you not looking forward to planning it?" Kyp questioned.

"I worry a bit that Mom is going to want this grand affair that is going to be more headaches then enjoyable," Jaina admitted.

"It's our wedding love," Kyp reminded her.

"And I'm their only daughter," Jaina pointed out.

Kyp opened his mouth to say something then stopped, a chuckle escaping his lips. "Love, why are we having an almost argument over our wedding?" he asked.

Jaina looked puzzled then her face melted into a relaxed look and a beautiful smile began to form across her face. "Yeah, we were," she said. She stepped closer, burying her face in his chest with a groan. "Already this wedding is going to drive us nuts."

"Love, when we talk to your parents, we are putting our foot down on your mother's planning," he said softly. "I want a beautiful wedding as much as she does, even as extravagant as she does, but if it stresses you in any way, I don't want it."

Jaina looked up at him, stroking his face with her hands. She ran a finger along his cheek, reaching up to the silver at his temples, her fingers pushing through his silver streaked hair. When they began their courtship he looked a bit older than he did now, now he looked younger, more carefree. Does love really do that to a person? She wondered.

"What?" Kyp asked.

"Nothing," she said softly. She smiled. "I love you."

"I love you," Kyp murmured, lowering his head towards hers. Their lips came together in a sweet kiss, Jaina's lips parting to let his tongue slide across hers. The taste from his mouth was intoxicating even more than i

5. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    First reply! yes!!! hehehe, you finally updated!!! :D that was a great post JD. Welcome back to writing. I've been hoping for a post to this. It was well worth the wait. I love how you are working with this fic, it's wonderful. Hopefully more soon, but no rush.

Fireyforce

6. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    awww, good post :) Glad to see they're not letting the stress get to them, or are atleast focusing their frustrations on more productive things :p

7. jediknightleia

jediknightleia Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 28, 2002
    Welcome back, that post was worth the wait. Keep it up!

8. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Very nice, even if it was short. At least you posted :)

Looooved the abreviated walk...and of course, Jaina's very likely well founded fears about Leia's involvement in the planning.

Welcome back :D

~Abby~

9. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Great psot you got there. An emotional Tenel Ka...there's something you don't see very often!

Is it just me, or did Kyp say 'love' an aweful lot of times...? Heh it probably reminds me of my collegue, he does that all the time!

10. Ireth_Tasartir

Ireth_Tasartir Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2003
    Post!!! :D Short, but better than inexistant ;)

Poor TK, the pregnancy sure is having an effect on her... :p

And Kyp and Jaina are so sweet [face_love] Awww... :)

Thanks for the PM ;)

11. Babi_Tahiri

Babi_Tahiri Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2003
    Yayishness!!! So glad you've updated! I've missed this fic! :D How's life, Jilly? A bit calmer now that summer has started? I hope so. Anyways.. great update! Can't wait for more!

~^~ Tahiri ~^~

12. galaxy_goddess

galaxy_goddess Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2004
    Thanks for the PM, otherwise I may not have checked this forum :). But that was a really good post and I think your story is as great as always!!! I love this story so much cos I really like Kyp and I think you do a really good job with it all!!!

Thanks for updating again, it is just so good!

SimmiVan ;)

13. kyps_godess

kyps_godess Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    oooooh!!!
    nice
    poor jaina didn't get to tell her parents oh well probably for the best anyway!!! poor tenel ka i feel well bad for her but she saved jaina from having to tel her mother!!!! hehe

i like kyp take on their wedding convo!!! an argument and how it was sorted !!!! me like that very much!!!!

more soon please?

kt

14. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    Aww....what a sweet chapter [face_love] Though, I have to agree with [insert name of someone above me, who mentioned this] - Kyp did seem to say "love" a lot :p

Ah, TK. I guess even stoic, warrior princesses get affected by hormones. No one'll ever let her live it down....once she's all well and back to normal, I mean [face_mischief] :p

~TJF

15. green_eyes

green_eyes Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    that was so sweet. Love is in the air. I love the way you describe the kiss.

This was an excellent post. I hope we don't have to wait 2 months for the next one. lol

*green_eyes*

16. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Fireyforce: Glad that you liked it. :) And thanks so much for your patience while I got things in order.

Wes: Glad to see they're not letting the stress get to them, or are atleast focusing their frustrations on more productive things

It's such a fun stress releaver ;) I saw your story is complete, I so need to catch up on that. Congrats on your nominations.

jediknightleia: Thanks so much!

Abby: Yeah I can see Leia being rather overbearing when it comes to a wedding, just as Mara was concerned over it when she and Luke were getting married. And with Jaina being the only daughter, you can bet Leia's going to want to go all out.

Elfsheen: Yeah he did say love a lot. An endearment I can see him saying quite often to ease Jaina's worries and what not, but I may have to edit a few out. Need to re-read it and see.

Ireth_Tasartir: Glad you liked. :) And yeah, a post, no matter how short, is better than none.

Babi_Tahiri: How's life, Jilly? A bit calmer now that summer has started? Eh hasn't started out calm, I'm hoping it calms down more. I don't need another summer like last summer.

galaxy_goddess: Thank you so much. I'm really glad you like this story. :) Enthusiasm of my readers is what keeps me motivated to write even when I am in a slump.

kyps_godess: :D

TJF: No one'll ever let her live it down....once she's all well and back to normal, I mean

LOL! There's an idea.

green_eyes: I don't intend for you to wait another two months. ;)

17. Ars_longa

Ars_longa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 26, 2004
    Wonderful post, JainaDurron. :) I always thought Kyp would want a big, extravagant wedding. It's so in his character. And every author giving them a "small, intimate one". I like small and intimate, but get real, people! If Kyp is doing somethind, he usually doing it big. :) Give him a big, rambunctious wedding once in a time!

A.

18. hollynkesten

hollynkesten Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2004
    loved it!!! i think our walk just got postponed... lol very cute...

More soon!

19. SaberBlade

SaberBlade Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2001
    Oh, poor Tenel Ka-- I feel kinda sorry for her.

And, I don't think I even have to repeat this because you know this already, but I adore Kyp in this fic. Adore adore adore. Jaina is a lucky girl.

YAY! You're back into the writing thing! Thanks for the PM of the update; sorry it too me so long to get over here!

-Saber

20. Eowyn_Jade

Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    yeah! You updates!!

:[face_sigh]:

::melts in mush::

lovely :D

EJ

21. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    UP!!

Fireyforce

22. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    yay!! a short update!!!

I liked it!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

23. Crimson_Sabre

Crimson_Sabre Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 20, 2002
    Back from my latest ban, folks. [face_laugh]

24. Jaina_Fel_06

Jaina_Fel_06 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2002
    Hey! Sorry I don't have time to write an in-depth review of this story, but I just wanted to drop in and tell you that I love this! Kyp and Jaina are great together... [face_love] ;) Can't wait for more! :)

25. leandrastar2000

leandrastar2000 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 6, 2004
    I found this story a couple of weeks ago, but only just now got to sit down and read it through. Here is my reaction.

WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! AND WOW AGAIN!

In case you haven't guessed yet, I really like this story. I have read many of your stories and I haven't come across one yet that I didn't like. I do believe, however, that this may be my favorite one of yet.

I love Kyp and Jaina together. I have read every single one of the New Jedi Order books and have cursed the writers of each one for not pairing these two up romantically.

"Sighs" Of course it did take the EU scribes ten years of Star Wars time to put Luke and Mara together.

I like the pairing of Jag and Tahiri, though you have left us somewhat in the dark and rather curious how they ended up together.

As for Jacen and Tenel Ka, well, they are Jacen and Tenel Ka. They go together like bread and butter.

Any way, great story, wonderful story. Keep up the good work.

Now please post more before I go bonkers. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.