main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo Just a newbie saying hello :-)

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by MiaTieska, Jan 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiaTieska

MiaTieska Jedi Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    Hi, everyone! I just signed up on the boards the other day and just found out about FanForce...it's kind of a strange story of how I ended up here. Strange, long, and somewhat boring.

Anyway, what can I say about myself? Obviously, I love Star Wars. As well as infinite other fandoms (including LotR...yes, Legolas is drool worthy ;-) ), and the friend that introduced me to the boards here also got me hooked as a Kyp/Jaina shipper even though I've never read any of the NJO series. *bangs head on the table*

Anyway, I go to BYU and absolutely love film and television. My dream job is to one day work on a sci-fi tv series, maybe even convince George to let me turn JA or NJO or something like that into a series.

Good to be here and finally, FINALLY, converse with other fans just as (or may I say, even more) obsessed than I am!

-Mia

2. LakSivrak

LakSivrak Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2002
    welcome. someone newer than me, i think im getting teary. and im not obsessed! im not, not, not!

3. navaren

navaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2001
    Welcome to the group. I'm not sure where our erstwhile City Rep is (he hasn't been around since mid-December), but I'm sure you'll receive a welcome from him soon.

4. Handyman

Handyman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2000
    Greetings MiaTieska,

Welcome to the group. :D

Your "erstwhile" City Rep went offline on Christmas Eve where he spent some quality family time away from the computer. He is now back and ready for the new 2003.

Later,

5. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Hey, Apr- I mean, Mia. ;) This is Dantana, aka Aislinn Amberrose of Lórien, and I'm a friend of Jilly's, aka Amaya Morningstar of Rivendell.

Welcome to the group. I thought that was what Jilly was doing when she started asking me questions about Provo FanForce . . . :D

Dana

6. MiaTieska

Jan 3, 2003
    Thanks for the welcomes everyone! I'm starting to feel right at home... (maybe 'cause I'm already there?) ;)

LakSivrak: LOL! Suuuure you're not obsessed. Just like I'm not. Not...a bit at all...

Dana: Hi!! So I guess Jilly told you all about me, and how she'd corrupted me into becoming a Kyp/Jaina shipper. I read a ton of your fics, btw. And you made me CRY!!!!! (That *is* a good thing. Awakened my angsty museys.)

-Mia (aka Apr-) ;)

7. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Mia Yep. She and I have decided that we're going to cross our demented LOTR universes, and that my character is her character's cousin. :D I'm glad you like my stories. I've worked hard on them. You should definitely come to the next activity. :)

LakSivrak I said hi to you on the bus today, and you ignored me. :( That makes me sad.

Dana

8. andakin

andakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    Hey, welcome!

9. LakSivrak

Nov 9, 2002
    you were on my bus this morning (yes it my bus, all mine!)? i didtn even see you. . .i have been out of it lately, ive been working on a game in my head. which is pretty geeky of me. im sorry it made you sad, ill say hi to you next time i see you. on the bus or off even! or you can kick me in the knee.

10. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    No, it was yesterday afternoon. I was like, "Jay! Hello! Jay! Hey, you!" but you were completely oblivious.

Dana

11. LakSivrak

Nov 9, 2002
    jay=always oblivious. i am deaf in one ear, so that may have had something to do with it. probably just picking my nose though.

12. Tori_Dakk

Tori_Dakk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2002
    Hello Newbie *hands newbie a mop* as of now and from now on, all newbies must mop. So please start that mopping!

[/sacrasm]

Ok ok I was just kidding sheesh!
    i hope you enjoy it here.

13. MiaTieska

Jan 3, 2003
    LOL! Thanks for the mop!

A question, when is usually the monthly event/get together thing?

-Mia

14. Tori_Dakk

Tori_Dakk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2002
    whenever we agree for it. :)

15. LeiaTygre

LeiaTygre Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2002
    Welcome MiaTieska!!!

It's is always fun to have a new person on the boards. (It gives the rest of us someone new to taunt ;) ).

Hey, are we having a January thing?

Hey, MiaTieska, um.......
    Are you gonna use that mop? :D

16. LakSivrak

Nov 9, 2002
    theres quite a drool puddle under the 'January Activities' post, due to some thoughts about Legolas cookies. you may wanna start there.

17. MiaTieska

Jan 3, 2003
    Um, see, the thing is, I don't dare venture into posts about Legolas cookies (or anything discussing Legolas), because I will only add to the drool pile, not mop it up.

LeiaTygre, the mop's all yours!!

*hands over mop*

-Mia

18. LaurenFett

LaurenFett Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2002
    So when are we gonna do the initiation for the newbie.

*surprise face*

What? You didn't know about the initiation? Well, let's just hope you like chocolate pudding...

19. LakSivrak

Nov 9, 2002
    must have missed initiation. . .

20. MiaTieska

Jan 3, 2003
    Mmmm, chocolate pudding?

As long as there's whip cream, too, I'm in!

-Mia

21. Jedi_Cougar

Jedi_Cougar Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    Oh yes, of course, Chocolate pudding initiation...

...being a runt was delicious.

22. ondiv

ondiv Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Hello All! I think this would be a good place to introduce myself, seeing as how I'm new to post on your boards. I'm currently on the SLC boards aswell, but seeing as how I'm living in Happy Vally I thought I'd pull double duty :} Can't have too many Star Wars friends :}

After reading some of your posts it sounds like you have a lot of BYZoo kids on here...any UVSC students? Come on Wolverines! Represent!!

23. Handyman

Handyman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2000
    Welcome ondiv! :D

There are at least three here on the boards that I know of that attend UVSC. You guys want to sound off?

Later,

24. navaren

navaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2001
    I'm not a student right now, but I will most likely be at UVSC when I do go back. Welcome, ondiv.

25. dormir

dormir Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2001
    Woohoo! A zoobie! ;) :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.