main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Just a question for all you book lovers out there........

Discussion in 'Europe General Archive' started by Slayer_Of_God, Jun 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slayer_Of_God

Slayer_Of_God Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2001
    I looked around on this forum for a while and didn't really find anything on the SW books.........so tell me, all those who read them, what was your favourite one? And also: who is your fav character? I'd have to say for me, it's' 'I, Jedi', and so far, my fav character is either Tionne or Gantoris.

2. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    If you're looking out for a board on books, head towards Expanded Universe > Literature, you'll find there a reader's (and debater's) paradise.

My fave books are The Thrawn Trilogy (TTT) and my fave characters in the books so far are Mara Jade and Grand Admiral Thrawn (Admiral Pellaeon being a close third).

3. RedLord

RedLord Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 3, 2000
    I enjoyed very much the Xwing serie with the ewok pilot (YUB YUB)!

4. Twinnie

Twinnie Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 5, 2001
    I love the Zahn trilogy too, and... well, my fave character must be Mara too (Ban ! stop thinking like me !!!)

welcome on the boards =) hope you'll have fun here !

5. Yar_Kaii

Yar_Kaii Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    i really like stackpoles x-wing series. great work. my fav EU char is corran horn.

but there are some cool chars and books out there, too.

sorrowfully there are some few which are nice attempts but dont´t have the quality and comlexity of e.g. zahns books.

6. emilsson

emilsson Force Ghost star 6

Oct 5, 1998
    My favorite EU books are the Xwings series and all of Zahn's books, especially Vision of the Future. As for favorite character, I don't know if I really have one. There are many good ones, but not one that really stood out for me.

7. Jaina_Mirax

Jaina_Mirax Ex CR North-Germany and GSFF RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    X-Wing Series

Mirax Terrik Horn
    Corran Horn

8. Queengodess

Queengodess Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    Shadows of the Empire, no doubt! Welcome to the boards, btw!

9. menilma

menilma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2001
    I think it'll have to be shadows of the empire for me to.. I love all the skywalkers and corran.

10. Karoline

Karoline Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 18, 2001
    One of my favs is also "I, Jedi", But I'm also a fan of the "Edge of victory" duology and Michael Stackpole in general.
    And my favourite character? Either Jaina Solo, who is my age in the books I mentioned, or Mara, whom I look a bit like.
    Obi Wan is also a fav, and Qui Gon.... hell, I like them all.

11. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    Wow ! This topic's back on top !

And we're welcoming a new member to the FF ! :)

Don't hesitate to post in the other threads on this board or send PMs to get clarifications on what's posted here (we're a crazy bunch of weirdos so it's not always easy to follow us).

A tip : unless you're really interested by a topic that's covered more than 150 or 200 posts, don't read the whole topic, just read the last few pages and don't hesitate to post.

Welcome ! :)

12. Zoombini

Zoombini Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 10, 2001
    My preference is for the Hand of Thrawn Duology. My favorite character is Mara.

13. Cassidy_The_Vampire

Cassidy_The_Vampire Jedi Youngling

Dec 13, 2001
    The best ones simply are Zhans Books, but aside from them, check out The Han Solo Trilogy, yeh finally find out what Han meant by "that was a long time ago chewie, Im sure he's forgotten about that" and as for Favourite characters.... Kyp Durron, Anakin Solo and Talon Karde.

14. Kara

Kara Jedi Youngling

Jan 31, 2002
    It´s been said before, but Zahn´s books are really the best. If you read those first, you also know the most important EU characters (my favourites are Mara Jade and Corran Horn, btw.). After that I started with the NJO books. "I, Jedi" I loved as well. I didn´t really care about X-Wing, and you can actually skip "The Truce at Bakura" by Kathy Tyers ("Balance Point" is good, though!).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.