Just a question i have about yoda and anakin

Discussion in 'Louisville, KY' started by obi-wan-bartak, Jun 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi-wan-bartak Jedi Youngling

star 2
    If Anakin has so many more medacolorians than Yoda, how come Anakin didnt put a better defense against Dooku? Yoda had fewer medacolrians than anakin, but Yoda defended himself much better than Anakin. Is it because oh his age and wisdom, and he is more finely in tune with the force and all? just let me know, someone at work asked me about this, thanks obi-wan-bartak.
  2. Bunny Jedi Knight

star 1
    I definitly think it's because Anakin is young and inexperienced. He lets his judgements and emotions cloud the Force, he's impulsive. He ran after Dooku even when Obi-Wan told him not to and that's why he got zapped. That's another reason he couldn't be with Padme - it's not because the Jedi are celibate (because they aren't), it's because Anakin is attatched to Padme. He doesn't approach a relationship with her equally and that's why Obi-Wan sensed the attatchment. It's not healthy. Anakin acts like a spoiled child wanting what he wants, when he wants it. He doesn't understand patience.
    Yoda is more attuned with the living and unifying Force, also being really really old gave him lots of time to practise. Anakin just wants everything now, that's why he'll never be as skilled as Yoda.
    Sheesh, I can analyse Star Wars forever. :)
  3. EMERALD_GREENE Jedi Master

star 4
    Not to mention the fact that Yoda had been a Master for about 800 years & Anakin was only an Apprentice at the time.
  4. tinkerwench Jedi Knight

star 1
    Lucas also drew deeply from Martial Arts lore and legend and the Asian mentality of fighting styles. Nearly every style tells you to never let emotion cloud your mind. Anakin will never have the proper control over his emotions. If you listen to the dialogue preceding the Dooku fight, Obi wan says let's do this toghether and Anakin is too pissed off to wait. Obi Wan yells no Anakin wait - too late -

That's why Yoda didn't want to try to train him - emotion.
  5. Unicron Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yes, plus the fact that the whole concept of midichlorians just plain sucks. :)

-John, who preferred it when there was no scientific explanation for the Force
  6. HARPER Jedi Padawan

Midechlorians=mitochondria (I know my spelling is off!:)

It has been scientifically speculated that at some point in human evolution, a point well before mammals were around, that mitochondria were seperate organizms within themselves and became incorporated with our basic cell structure millions and millions of years ago. I can try and find the article for all to read, if you're interested.

Anyway, within our cells, I understand that the mitochondria are the cell powerhouses. More can be read here:http://www.biology4kids.com/files/cell_mito.html

So midechlorians can be a play on mitochondria, or since SW occured a long time ago far away, maybe they're the same, and we evolved from Jedi, and Lucas is God?!?!?! and knows something we don't. (He, He)
  7. Unicron Jedi Knight

star 3
    I don't debate the scientific value of studying midochondria, but I think it should have been kept out of Star Wars. Without getting too off topic here, I just prefered it when the Force was a mystical energy field rather than something that's generated by biological life forms.

I also hate how the midichlorian explanation pretty much means that not anyone can use the Force. It adds some elitism to the concept that I don't like. If a high enough midichlorian count isn't in your bloodline, then NO FORCE FOR YOU!

It was just cooler to me when there was no attempt at scientific explanation for using the Force. If they had kept that for the novels, which I refuse to recognize anyway, then that would have been fine. But, noooooo, Lucas had to go and put it in the film, so we're forced to accept it....

-John
  8. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    I think Anakin is more powerful than Yoda, more powerful than Sidious even. At the time of AOTC, it's mostly just experience winning over power. Dooku is definately "winded" by fighting Anakin. I think by the time Ep3 rolls around, Anakain will have the experience he needs to control his power so much so that Yoda would rather go into hiding than face him. I'm also hoping, that Palpatine fears Anakin's power and helps (without his knowledge) Obi-Wan defeat Anakin in order to put a stronger leash on him. Anyway, one can dream. :)
  9. bossknopp Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think Anakin is a spoiled brat who has got to have his way.Lucas is sending subliminal thoughts to properly discipline our children.Too much tv and sugar can lead to the darkside.Ok let me get serious Sidious and Palpatine has to be the same guy right??Its just a ploy to confuse six year olds into buying more toys right or is there really an intergalactic second hand store?Also why did Dooku tell obi wan about the sith master working inside the senate if he was working with him?Its like telling on yourself.I think for a kids movie some of this stuff hurts my head to comprehend.I miss the humor of Han Solo the rowdy wit and yeehaw fun of the original triology.When did Star Wars have to become a serious franchise?Think the Maker for the characters from the originals they are the saveing graces.I pray to see that Black Mask in the next one and for lucas who said these were a series of movies based on the evils of technology he sure doesnt mind makeing it almost completely computer animated.Bring back battleship models and for our childrens sakes plastic and plaster.AMEN.I might also mentioned I loved the new movie though it might not sound like it.Too bad Peter Cushing is dead Tarkin standing by Dooku could have been extremely satisfying.
  10. Bunny Jedi Knight

star 1
    I also hate how the midichlorian explanation pretty much means that not anyone can use the Force.

Exactly!!! I said something like this in my diary recently! Here's what I wrote:

In the Original Trilogy, the Force was mysterious, it was in every living thing, it binds us, it's something, that while not a deity, is capable of immense power. But it's neutral - it's all in the person who uses it. The Force was something that was available for anyone. Anyone could learn to harness the Force, it didn't matter if one was royalty or a lonely farmboy. The Force remaining unexplained gave faith, and in faith no proof is needed.

Adding midichlorians to Anakin's story was proof. Qui-Gon's faith in Anakin and in the prophecy and in the Force should have been enough. And it would've been. But for some reason George Lucas wanted there to be zero doubt, so he added a scientific aspect to the Force. Midichlorians aren't the Force, but they are elite; only those born with enough can be a Jedi... if you have a low count then you're out of luck. Look at it this way, wasn't Santa Claus a lot more fun when you thought he was real? And that if you were a good little boy or girl you'd get a present on Christmas from him. It was magical, it was mysterious, it was faith. Now say that Santa is real, but only brings gifts to certain kids, and it has NOTHING to do with behaviour but has everything to do with birthright. Before, the Santa myth gave hope to everyone that if you were good enough you'd be rewarded. The truth is that it doesn't really matter how you lead your life.

I prefer the unknown, I prefer the hope, I prefer the faith. George Lucas doesn't seem to share that view.

So that's why I hate the midichlorians. LOL

11. Drk Father1 Manager Emeritus

star 4
    The Midi-chlorians don't bother me too bad, though the mysterious part of the Force was A LOT better. Maybe if we knew more about them it would help. Maybe a person's Midi-chlorian count can change? Maybe midi-chlorians are a by-product of the Force and not necessarily the cause? Maybe more will be revealed later....or maybe we'll get a special edition of The Phantom Menace with the midi-chlorians removed....
  12. CITIZEN_SKYWALKER Jedi Knight

Yoda put up a better fight against Dooku because he know his foe better.

After all, it's his former Padawan. He trained him, he knows Dooku's quirks and style.

Anakin, on the other hand, in more ways than one, wasn't ready at all. He's impulsive, emotional, and slap dash.

But, that's not to say that Anakin couldn't eventually kill a Sith or a Jedi. He just doesn't have the experience yet.

In addition, I have an idea in regards to the great Jedi Purge. What if the Jedis he fought automatically let themselves be defeated, due to the Prophecy.

Kind of like, "Hey I got chosen to be decapitated by the Jedi Messiah, kick ass!"

I mean, it would have to be a little intimidating, to have to fight a Jedi Messiah. You know you're going to lose, but win.

Anywho, it's just a thought.
  13. Jedi_AzizoRho Jedi Knight

Midichlorians were George's attempt to quantify the mystical. Apparently he felt fans were too dim to pick up on what he wanted to be overwhelming evidence that Aniken was the "messiah". It was a major offence to many fans. Or perhaps he felt he needed some quasi-scientific reason for Aniken to be conceived without a father. I think that element was poor storytelling. He was trying to use a sledgehammer when a tackhammer would have been just as efficient and far more elegant.

As far as Aniken lost to Dooku and yoda beat him soundly, that is a simple answer. The midichlorians represent (however horribly) the potential to manipulate the force. However, experience in doing so is the difference between victory and defeat. A 60 year old Grandmaster in any martial art will strike much harder than a much stronger beginner. practice versus potential.

Or: to sum it up in an old adage:

Experience and treachery will always overcome youth and vigor.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.