main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson just a quick note about a personel issue

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Bylar, Jul 3, 2007.

1. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    the "jedi" religion has very little to do with star wars as I take it.

To me it seems very similair to buddhism with a twist of science....

2. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    I see it as such... eastern beliefs (Buddhism) with a scientific theories base.

Do I understand this right.... you can keep you core beliefs and the "Jedi" part rides on top of other religions as an extended idea?

Kind of like (geek moment here) THX will ride on top of DTS, DPL, Stereo, Mono, or DD and enhance what is already their?

3. Bylar

Bylar Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2006
    yes indeed that is a good comparison. also we must not forget that Martial Arts plays a big role in Jediism as well. the body and mind and soul are all one connected by the Force. to obtain harmony between the 3 is to raise our consciousness to the frequency of the Living Force. much understanding and clairity can be found by doing this sucessfully.

I was asked to be the Arch-Bishop of the Pure Land Jedi Rite due to not haveing any other core beliefs. thats what Pure Land Jedi means, just Pure Jedi Beliefs, no others. however there are 3 other "Rites" and an Arch-Bishop for each one. i have the ability now to not only Ordain Ministers, but Bishops as well.

just as many religions have different "sects", for example Christianity has many different branches in thier tree. there are Catholics, and Baptists, and Methodists, and Prodistants, etc., and all are Christian. just as in this example, the Temple of the Jedi Order now is branching and all branches are still Jedi. the Arch-Bishop of the Christian Rite lives over in the Mountains near the Mesa area, and she rasies wolves for domestication/pets. one of the Arch-Bishops even lives in Germany.