main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX Just a reminder, kids....

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Obi_Bamm_Karaoke, Jan 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi_Bamm_Karaoke

Obi_Bamm_Karaoke Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2000
    This coming Sunday is the next Sci-Fi Expo. It's only one day, but it's important for us to have a "presence" there. I believe that it starts at 11 in the morning, but Tim and myself will be venturing up there sometime on Saturday afternoon to see where we're going to be set up, and stuff like that.

Unfortunately, I don't see the need to drag my whole DJ setup to Plano for one day, so if anybody has a smaller shelf-type system that we can use, please make yourself known.

I forsee the Star Wars Trivial Persuit Steel Cage Showdown on it's way between Chad and Brandon, moderated by your humble host.... me. It should be a contest for the ages, so be there for that alone!

Let's get a head count, so we can see who we can expect. Count myself and His Agedness, and I'm pretty sure Spartacus and Kurrgan are in.

2. Skippy_The_Klingon

Skippy_The_Klingon Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2000
    I expect I'll be out there....

3. DarthCynthia

DarthCynthia Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2000
    I'm pretty sure that the Wookiee (hubby) and I will be there.. although as usual I'm sure we'll leave after only a couple hours (sorry folks :p LOL!!)

MTF/DS/BWY,
    Cynthia

4. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    I'm planning to be there but I'm having some landspeeder troubles at the moment. =)

5. JarvisW

JarvisW Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 21, 2000
    I'm going.
    THX, if you need a ride I can run you up there seeing how you live down the street.

I have posted on the RPG thread about this but here goes again:
    I have a Chewbacca CCG in mint condition I will sell to a DFWFF person for about half book value if someone wants something for Peter to sign.

I also have a mint Han Solo for around $25-30 that I'm bringing up too.

See ya there! I'm looking forward to meeting ya'll.

BTW I'm a first generation SW fan so dont be shocked by my age! :)

6. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    Thanks for the offer Jarvis but I stole an imperial shuttle so I'll be there.=) If we're to be shocked by your age, we may have something else even more in common than living down the street from each other. I too saw all the original releases of the films at the dearly departed Northpark theatre (original configuration of the THX system rocked!) :D

Wanna know something wierd...my birthday is on May 25. The same day all 3 films opened.

"Your destiny lies with me..."

7. Old-Jedi

Old-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 25, 2000
    Can we leave out all discussion about age? I'm very sensative about the subject ;)

8. Obi_Bamm_Karaoke

Obi_Bamm_Karaoke Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2000
    Heh heh heh.... he's SENSITIVE.

Hey THX JEDI.... that's kinda creepy, yet cool at the same time. Granted, it's coincidence, but it's still got a Rod Serling vibe to it.

<entering a dimension of sight and sound... oh, wait a minute, that's my cubicle....>

9. Marababe

Marababe Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2000
    Obi Bamm you crack me up(LOL). I'm hoping to be there sometime in the afternoon. When does the great Star Wars Trivial Persuit Steel Cage Showdown begin?

THX JEDI, I think that is very cool. And guess what my daughter's birthday is May 19, but she didn't want to come see SW for a present.(teenagers!!)

I try not to be too sensitive about MY age, because no one believes how old I am. :)

Bev

10. DarthCynthia

Nov 18, 2000
    Well.. up til yesterday I thought I would most likely be there.. but the Wookiee and I have been feeling a little out of it this week and now today we both really think we're coming down with that flu that everyone's getting hit with. If that's the case, we're not going to go :( I guess it makes me feel a little better that it is a small show, and right after the holidays (I mean.. just how tight WAS I hugging my 12" sith speeder Maul at the show during Halloween weekend? ;) heehee..... I have too many things I'd like to find, and no money to spend on it right now... darnit..)

so I'm going to hit post because now I'm really feeling pretty loopy. So we thought we'd be there but now it's not looking so good for us to be there :( At least I have til Saturday night to figure out if this is really the flu or really bad allergies or something.. (I just hope it doesn't last too long.. blech)...

bummer...

MTF/DS/BWY,
    Cynthia

11. Old-Jedi

Old-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 25, 2000
    The show is tomorrow, doors open at 11AM. GA is 5 and VIP is 10, it's a great deal either way. I hope all of you can make it, look for our table.

12. DarthCynthia

Nov 18, 2000
    We've decided to go ahead and skip it this time around. Sorry about the last minute thing but I'm so hoping we're not getting sick. Last night was horrible - my head was hurting SO bad.. I feel a little better today but then again who knows, I could feel even worse tomorrow...

anyway.. have fun, all :(

take care
    Cynthia

13. JarvisW

JarvisW Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 21, 2000
    I might not make it either. My car started leaking oil out at an alarming rate! I might be able to borrow a car from my parents so If I make it great! If not I'll catch ya'll next time!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.