main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~Just a Silly Bet~ COMEDY!!!! Luke gets drunk. A dangerous bet is placed. w/ COVER-ART

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by HanSoloIsSoCute, May 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSoloIsSoCute

HanSoloIsSoCute Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 7, 2005
    Title: Just a Silly Bet
    Author: Jasmine Larson
    Genre: Romance/humor
    Time Frame: A little over a year after ROTJ
    Characters: Lando, Leia, Han, Chewie, Luke
    Rating: PG-13
    Summary: Han and Lando play a friendly game of sabacc, just for old time?s sake. But, just like old times, they find that they are still the best sabacc players in the galaxy, but one of them has to win. Out of cash and still determined to win, Han makes a dangerous bet. He offers Lando a kiss from Leia if he is to win. To say the least this spices up the game, and the tension can be cut with a skifter.
    Disclaimer: I don?t own Star Wars. Or Han. Or Lando. And I don?t even resemble Leia. My life sucks.
    Notes: Okay when this plot bunny hit me, I knew some people would be mad, but fruit/vegetable throwing or attempts on my life are not acceptable, allowed, permitted or tolerable. If I am hit with even one box of rotten tomatoes or if a mutant multi-tissue-destroying bacterium somehow just happens to escape and appear programmed to make me no longer among the living, I?ll call the authorities. You have been warned.

[image=http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e281/HanSoloIsSoCute/jasbcover.jpg]

~*~*~*~*~*~

Captain Han Solo reclined in the form-chair, admiring his friend?s new abode. Lando had done pretty good for himself these past few months, and didn?t seem to be suffering so with ?the price of being successful? in Han?s opinion. He now lived in a cream-colored beach house, well stocked with everything a lazy bachelor/gambler could ever want. He had the fanciest home sabacc set-up Han had seen yet, it even had its own electronic dealer.

Han, Leia, Chewie and Luke had meant to pay Lando a visit after things had calmed down at the Rebel Base, and everyone got over their hangovers, but none of them ever seemed to have a day off on the same day. Finally they had all called off work and promised to spend one day just hanging out, and not worrying about the Empire.

Lando swirled his drink in his hand, watching the colors spin together with an almost pensive expression. ?Hey Han old buddy, how long?s it been since we played a game of sabacc?? he finally asked, setting his drink on a tray a nearby serving-droid was holding.

Han chewed on his lower lip, staring into the depths of his own drink. ?Let?s seeee . . . Last time we played . . . Probably before we were world-famous heroes.? he teased, grinning and downing his strong drink.

Lando laughed his charming laugh, displaying his radiant white teeth. ?Yeah, before we were the most wanted men in the galaxy, constantly having to fight off all these women . . .?

?And our skills! Can?t forget our skills, dudes.? Luke slurred, obviously having been too willing to unwind and taking the liberty of getting drunk. ?I mean, we like, have no time, we?re all, cool n? stuff.? Luke said, probably assuming they were having a serious conversation, and taking another swig from his drink.

Leia sighed and shook her head, flipping the magazine she appeared to be reading. ?I?m amazed you guys can remain upright, patting yourselves on the back so hard.? she said, rolling her eyes.

?Yer jus? like . . . Jealous, babe.? Luke calmly explained to her, tossing his drink over his shoulder and leaning down to inspect his shoelaces. A droid hastily caught the flying drink, the contents splattering on it?s metal frame. ?Dudes . . . Did you ever notice like, how weird the word shoelaces sounds?? Luke asked, giggling as he pointed at his feet, which were close to his nose. ?I mean---hee hee---do you guys ever, like, think about that? Hee hee!! WhoooOoOOoOeeeee!! The room is spinning dudes!!?

?I think he?s had one too many,? Han said, observing his delusional Jedi friend.

?Ya think?? the completely sober Lando asked sarcastically.

?I think we?re all like, the best of friends,? Luke confided to his feet, stroking his leather boots. ?I also think, I am like, totally cool.?

*Really?* Chewie questi

2. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Very Funny

3. angel_gidget

angel_gidget Jedi Master star 1

Apr 16, 2004
    Luke was a bit, um, out of character...but the Leia/Lando was great!

4. MoeTharen

MoeTharen Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2005
    On the contary, Luke was in PERFECT character! I mean, who acts like their same old selves when dey drunk?

*hic*

Pardon me . . . Anyway! I loved the whole story! Humor! Sarcasm! Amazing sabbac play! Twue wuv! Ok, not TURE love lol. But there was a LEEETLE desire, no? I loved it! Amazing descriptions! Keep it up!

-Commander Tharen-

5. HanSoloIsSoCute

Sep 7, 2005
    Uh... I can see this fic was not a ?huge? hit. [face_frustrated]

G__Anakin Thanks, glad you think so! :D

angel_gidget Luke was a bit, um, out of character Um... Naturally? When writing Star Wars humor, people must be slightly out of character at times, they?re just serious and boring if you don?t make them funny once in a blue moon. In my other Luke fics I follow the rules and keep him a boring Jedi, but in this one I wanted to show a more, ah, ?amusing? side of him, if you will. I mean honestly, if everyone was serious all the time in Star Wars comedies, would they therefore have the right to call themselves comedies? I don?t think so. ;) If you think about it, the most successful Star Wars comedies included many moments when the characters were not entirely themselves. I am glad you liked the Leia/Lando brief pairing, I though that would be the part people wouldn?t like lol.

MoeTharen lol Good point Moe, thanks for standing up for me, like you always do. ;) lol Glad you liked the Leia/Lando too, and yes it was not without heat. ;) And I?m very pleased you noticed the sabacc game, I had to do a lot of studying and research to get it right, it?s a pity I got so few reviews. :( Anyway, thanks for stopping by. :D

Jasmine @};-

6. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    I just found this, Han was playing with fire there, and he lost! I'll bet he can taste the bitter taste of loss, especially when Leia cooks.

Drunk Luke was hilarious. He was so out of synch with everyone else. [face_laugh]

You have given me my laughs for the day!!

7. magehound

magehound Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2006
    Dude, drunk Luke was one of the most absolutely funniest things i've ever read! and why shouldn't he act that way? i don't remember seeing a whole lot of distilleries on Tatooine, meaning one thing..Luke's never learned how to hold his liquor. plus, knowing, Han and Lando, it was some strong Correlian stuff. At least he didn't try to kiss chewie or anything. though i am suprised leia left him in one peice after calling her 'babe'.
    the rest was written very well too.

8. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Okay, so I loved this.

o_O Luke as drunk :rolleyes:.

?Aha, just as I suspected. Massive life-form readings, there is something alive in there,? he informed them, poking at Lando?s nose.

[face_laugh] But so funny.

and a Jar Jar. A Jar Jar was a sure lose, no matter what else you had. Apparently nobody had liked that guy very much.

:( Poor Jar Jar, nobody likes him.

?No, she has to kiss me.? Lando corrected Luke, a trifle irritated.

Luke looked Lando up and down, still amused. ?What?s the difference?? he asked pensively.

*Oh gee, thank you very much.* Chewie growled.

Poor them, but that was hilarious[face_laugh].

Amazing job Jasmine.

9. Tattoine_teenager

Tattoine_teenager Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2006
    I like luke drunk(drool)(gag)(gaggaggag)
    but han and lando betting leia-nice
    TT

10. HanSoloIsSoCute

Sep 7, 2005
    dm1 Wow thanks, I thought nobody liked this fic! Thank you soooo much, you are so nice! And yes, apparently Han's cockiness finally caught up with him. ;)

magehound Really? I had hoped you guys would like the "drunk Luke", I was sick of writing him so darn serious lol. And Han and Lando are known for their strong liquor. ;) I thought about making Luke try to kiss someone, but no one in the story seemed suitable lol. And yeah, I didn't notice Leia let that one slide, almost makes me want to change it... :D

Star_Angel Aw you always leave such nice replies! :D lol I'm sooo glad you liked it so much, you're the greatest!!

Tattoine_teenager Hey I haven't seen you around here before, interesting username. Sounds like a good story title... lol I'm so glad you liked it, I'm going to add cover-art today!! :D

Jasmine @};-

11. frankieskywalker

frankieskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    did they put something in luke's drink or was the force making him act so not right :cool: (still absolutly funny)

no matter who you are you shouldn't bet your girlfriend. Han should know better with that ending it seems like lando might steal her from him[face_batting]

this is great don't know how i missed it so long

12. ScaryPoster

ScaryPoster Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2006
    Brilliant! I love these types of fics! I am sorry I did not see it earlier. Glad it was upped.

Of course, I loved drunk Luke. He is so funny :p . And the whole kiss thing...hm. I liked how you wrote that part...and then Luke breaking in was just perfect. Serious...then humor!

I liked your story! Great job!

13. Arwen_Djo

Arwen_Djo Jedi Master star 3

Jul 3, 2006
    Oh My Gosh!!! I laughed so hard i had to stop and come back later!!!! This is awesome!!!

14. HanSoloIsSoCute

Sep 7, 2005
    frankieskywalker lol Naw, but I wouldn't put that past them. ;) Luke just "let it go" too much lol. And yeah, looks like Han was a little too cocky in his gambling skills there, and on the note of Lando stealing her, perhaps I should write a sequel... [face_thinking]

ScaryPoster Thank you so much, I'm so glad you enjoyed it so, lol I'm glad it was upped too. ;) Thank God you liked drunk Luke, I was starting to get worried I should take him out of the fic. And I'm sooo happy you like the kiss, I was a LITTLE worred I would get some flames for it. :D

Arwen_Djo lol Thanks, I'm quite thrilled you laughed so hard, I was hoping for that kind of reaction! :D

Jasmine @};-

15. BottledUpInside

BottledUpInside Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 28, 2005
    "Luke looked Lando up and down, still amused. ?What?s the difference?? he asked pensively. "

Best line of the whole thing. I always enjoy a good drunk Luke! Wonderful viggy here! Sequel?

~Jen~

16. HanSoloIsSoCute

Sep 7, 2005
    lol Thanks, I thought that was the best line too. ;) And who doesn't love a drunk Luke? God, I just love making fun of that whiny moron... sorry Luke-lovers. [face_beatup]

And I said there may be a sequel, don't get your hopes up too high. ;)

Jasmine @};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.