main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Just another new guy asking another 'new guy' question...

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Dickie, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dickie

Dickie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2005
    Hey,

I've enjoyed watching FanFilms for quite a while now, and have always wanted to be involved with making one, but the main problem I have is a lack of people to work with here in my home town in the UK. Also, I am fairly poor at acting. I do however, enjoy writing. I am working on a short (well, it is at the moment ;)) story called 'SchmooTrek: Episode I - A Man Called Dennis', which although I do not think would make a good film (mainly seeing as one of the main characters is a red bouncy ball), I was wondering if I wrote a script, would some of you consider using it to make a film seeing as you have the resources and technical know how.

Cheers,

Dickie

2. durbnpoisn

durbnpoisn TFN Staff Cast & Crew Database star 5 VIP

May 20, 2002
    N00b!! Get him!!

Nah... I'm only kidding... :p

Don't let your lack of experience, talent, equipment, friends, or technical knowhow stop you. You've got to start somewhere. If you're interested enough to formulate an idea, then you should try to figure out a way to make it happen. Not to be cruel, but, I'm quite sure that everyone here already has their own ideas and projects, and won't likely be willing to do yours for you. If you're really that interested in the artform that is fan films, you should learn more about it and produce something yourself.

That's my advice anyway...

3. Padawan_John

Padawan_John Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2002
    "You realize, of course, that when it comes to fighting, acting and filming, we know, like, jack squat, right?"
    "Yeah, but that didn't stop Mark Hamill."
    "Yeah, but his career didn't die until after the Trilogy."

You enjoy fanfilms, and want to make one. If you're going to enjoy making the film, and further enjoy poking fun at your horrible excuse for a film later on - do it. Fanfilms are all about the fun. If it sucks, but you had fun doing it, take what you've learned and make a sequel.

However, for your first fanfilm, I suggest this:
    A Jedi and a Sith meet in the forest, the Sith revealing that he is the Jedi's long-lost brother, and that he has come to turn the Jedi to the Dark Side. The Jedi, naturally, refuses, and a lightsaber duel ensues. Make sure to use Duel of Fates for the music. The Sith weilds a double-bladed lightsaber, which the Jedi cuts in half, leaving the Sith to use the seperate halves of the lightsabers. Despite his superior weaponry and more effective tactics, the Sith is defeated by the Jedi. Roll credtis.

:p

4. durbnpoisn

durbnpoisn TFN Staff Cast & Crew Database star 5 VIP

May 20, 2002
    That sounds SO familiar. I can't put my finger on it though. :p

5. thegreatyoda

thegreatyoda Jedi Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001
    Yeah it does. How the hell did you get a hold of my script? ;)

As for you question the best thing to do is just get a bunch of your friends together and work with what you have. You've got to start somewhere.

6. Blueyonder

Blueyonder Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2005
    Im from the UK, and I managed to do a very small fanfilm involving just 3 of us. We pretty much did the "jedi and sith in a forest" script, with toy lightsabers from toys 'R' us. Extremly tacky, but we had to start somewhere! :D

Im sure you can coax some of your friends to give you a hand. Just show them some other fan films, and they'll be so entranced by them, they'll want to give you a hand! :)

Blue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.