main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX Just Back from Celebration II !!!!!!!

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Truxtun, May 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Truxtun

Truxtun Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 2001
    Hello all,

Just back from C2, had a great time. Met up with Mikel_Antilies and we hung around together. LOTS of people, I think they had something like 60,000 there on Sat. lots of lines, lots to do, lots of new friends, Many, many autographs, (sorry Bebo, Temura not signing). The Action figures sold out on each day within a couple of hours. Mike and I will have lots to "show and tell" at the next meeting. Also have some video. Great costumes on the people wearing them (quite a few). The Celebraties signing were great, they would chat with you and some allowed people to take pics with them, we have some video of us getting Autographs from some of them. Waited 6 1/2 hours in line for Carrie Fishers Autograph!

Chat more later

Steve

2. Darthmusic

Darthmusic Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2002
    What day did you get her autograph and what time did you get in line. I really wanted the autograph but decided I had missed enough shows waiting in long lines. Did you get to see the Rick McCallum spectacular? That was awesome. I too have about 200 pictures I took on my digital camera. I'm trying to figure out a way to show them on the web bc they are big files. IMO it was worth the long lines to see and experience the stuff I did. Look on the bright side on guy in line with me to get figures waited 9 hours to get her autograph. I thought four hours was a lot for the C2 figure (two outside and 2 in the actual line on Friday before they figured out how to make lines.

3. TallChewie

TallChewie Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
    First of all, I am very jealous (as I am sure everyone who didn't go is)... :)

Did they mention anything about when or where a Celebration III would take place? Or when any other Star Wars type convention will happen again? I know about the one in Plano going on the weekend of 5/17, but are there plans for other annual events?

I can't wait to hear more about it and see your pictures, collectibles, etc....

4. mikel_antilles

mikel_antilles Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2002
    We got Carrie's autograph on Saturday. Fortunately we meet several new friends there and did not have to wait in line the entire 6 hours. We managed to tag team several lines.

I have to say my favorite event was the 30 minutes Star Wars Trilogy. They did an excellent job, and the movies will probably never be the same for me.

5. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    I'm glad y'all had a good time.

CIII...here I come! ;)

6. bebo_lokk

bebo_lokk Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 16, 2001
    I, for one, am anxiously awaiting some pictures! I've seen some from here: C II pics
    and wished I had gone in my trooper armor.
    However, I hope to get Temuras autograph in Plano by George!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.