main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Just checking in!!!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by debeautimous, Nov 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. debeautimous

debeautimous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    Good morning I have been up since 4 am. I can hardly wait till I can bid on another schedule!!!

2. debeautimous

Jan 2, 2003
    Hey guys!! It was great to see everyone! I feel more relaxed than I did. :D

3. debeautimous

Jan 2, 2003
    Hey Roman and Jess this is the dark trooper Icon.

4. JediMexx

JediMexx Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow...that is pretty sweet! I'm going to try to search for a full size pic. Thanks Deb!

5. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    I agree deb it was great seeing everyone again!

6. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    That sure is weird....It does look like a T2!

7. BelaLugosi

BelaLugosi Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2004
    Hey, I'm glad that I made it to the meeting yesterday. Nice to have met all of you fine people.

May the Schwartz be with you.

8. debeautimous

Jan 2, 2003
    I actually have no idea what a dark trooper is I just thought it was neat. I wonder if it is fiction or Episode 3.

9. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Dark Troopers are Expanded Universe. I think they first showed up in the Thrawn Trilogy. It's been a while, so I could be (and am most likely) wrong on that...

edit:
    I take that back. They might be in the original Dark Forces video game. Again, I could be wrong...

10. JediMexx

Aug 31, 2004
    Dude...where is Brian ... he will know.

11. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    Dark Troopers
    As a veteran of the Clone Wars, Rom Mohc saw firsthand both the limitations and the advantages of battle droid infantry. When he rose to power as a general in the Imperial military, he masterminded the dark trooper project, which would result in an advanced battle droid meant to serve as a "super stormtrooper."
    This ambitious project was developed in stages, as concept droids proved the feasibility of Mohc's designs. The Phase One dark trooper had an unfinished appearance, with an exposed metal skeleton cast of hardened phrik, a durable alloy mined primarily from the Gromas moons. The trooper was a towering humanoid, armed with a razor-edged carving blade and arm-mounted blast shield. Its programming was primitive, and its drive to attack was relentless.

The Phase Two trooper was much more refined, bearing a gunmetal gray armored exterior reminiscent of stormtrooper uniforms. Equipped with a repulsorlift pack and maneuvering jets, this massive automated soldier was extremely agile, and typically armed with a powerful plasma shell assault cannon and long-range explosive rockets.

The final and most powerful model was the Phase Three dark trooper. Only one was known to exist, in the personal employ of General Mohc. A towering goliath with broad armored shoulders, this dark trooper could operate independently or be used as an armored powersuit. Connected to its massive arms were a deadly cluster of firing tubes which dispensed a seemingly endless supply of seeker rockets.

The dark troopers were first unleashed shortly after the Battle of Yavin, on the unsuspecting Alliance installation of Tak Base. The Empire launched the droids via hyperspace capsules, in a fashion similar to the distribution of deep space probe droids. The inhuman soldiers tore through all resistance, and devastated the Rebel outpost on the planet Talay. Investigating this disturbing new assault was Alliance mercenary Kyle Katarn. He uncovered the secret dark trooper project, and traced it back to its source, the immense production facility aboard the Arc Hammer, General Mohc's flagship.

Katarn infiltrated the Arc Hammer and sabotaged the titanic vessel. The Emperor was so infuriated by the loss of the Arc Hammer, and the incredible investment in the dark trooper project, that all research into stormtrooper battle droids ended with Mohc's death.

Dark Troopers Pt. 2
    The dark trooper was developed for the first Dark Forces game from LucasArts. It is one of the few expanded universe concepts realized as an action figure.

12. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Hi
    Yeah, that's right, and they don't look anything like that icon Deb found. They look more like a dark grey stormtrooper that has been squished down...
    look

13. JediMexx

Aug 31, 2004
    Yea that is totally the one I was thinking of!

14. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Who let Arnold into the Star Wars universe???

That is the figure I have and had a visual in my mind!

15. debeautimous

Jan 2, 2003
    Yikes another test today. Boy I can hardly wait till we get on the phones my brain is overloaded!!! :(

16. debeautimous

Jan 2, 2003
    :( I know I'm a whiner!! LOL

17. JediMexx

Aug 31, 2004
    Good luck Deb! I know you will do great. Like I said you already have the hardest part of that job down...the people skills!!!!

18. debeautimous

Jan 2, 2003
    Well I got a 95 so I am averaging 95 but the written tests are easier than the skills tests because I get so nervous. And you are right once I can talk to someone it will be alot easier than be graded. :D

19. BelaLugosi

Oct 28, 2004
    I've got a real nasty exam today as well. German History: Weimar Republic to der Kristallnacht. good times. good luck on yours!

20. JediMexx

Aug 31, 2004
    Hey Bela...what are you majoring in at UNM? I need 2 more classes for my Criminology degree(UNM) then I will start my MBA at UNM/Anderson this summer.

21. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    I have a test tomorrow and then finals in 2 weeks or one week or something.

22. BelaLugosi

Oct 28, 2004
    I think I've settled on a History Major, Psychology Minor. I'm envious of you being done with your BA so soon, I'll definately need a few more years. Congrats on starting your MBA as well.

23. debeautimous

Jan 2, 2003
    I am so glad I am not the only one going thru this stuff!! Roman and Bela thanks for the encouragement!!
    :D Today should be fun we get to eat Boston Market!!

24. debeautimous

Jan 2, 2003
    Well Happy Turkey day everybody!! I won't be online till Monday!! :D

25. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    Happy Thanksgiving Deb!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.