main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Just Curious

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Bazinga'd , Nov 28, 2012.

1. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    But since news of the Disney buyout and the ST were announced, how many new members joined the Forum?

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I think we've had quite a few, but as you might have noticed we've also been getting a shedload of spamvertisers. We've had old users returning as well - just take a look in the Ep 7 forum and you'll see some of them.

3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Yeah, the spamvertisers would make that figure hard to gauge accurately, unfortunately.

4. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    More than numbers, its good to see the Star Wars fan base fired up again.

BTW- has Super Shadow made his unfortunate appearance yet?

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'm not an Ep 7 forum mod so I'm not sure. I do know I've seen references to him in passing.

6. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Spamvertisers are usually pretty easy to pick out, but the volume of traffic here definitely makes an accurate number difficult to figure out.

7. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Overall, board activity has basically doubled since the news broke on October 30th. Over the last two weeks, we've been getting anywhere from 50 to 110 new user registrations per day. Not every one of those is a legitimate new user, obviously, but that's a pretty significant increase from the 5-10 new users per day we were seeing in September.

And just look at the number of posts in the Episode 7 forum - a completely brand new forum created just under a month ago on October 30th - which now has about 34,000 posts.

8. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Impressive and it has not even been a full month yet.

9. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    And we don't even have any real news yet.

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    But they're all having a good time speculating!

benknobi1 likes this.
  11. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Or it Might end up sparking a new canon war. actually, forget the might, it will start a new canon war.

benknobi1 and Admiral_Volshe like this.
  12. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    In all likelihood the Second Canon War will begin the moment we get a verifiable spoiler that contradicts the EU.

benknobi1 and Admiral_Volshe like this.
  13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Forget the new actual members... the new 'Marketplace' format has been wonderful. I've been able to order so many pairs of affordably priced Uggs!!! [face_dancing]Thank you JC, my Christmas shopping is done!

jcgoble3 likes this.
  14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Be sure to let us know if you actually get them.. :p

15. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    One thing I wanted to express, was a big thank you for all the administrators and others form making JC my home for Star Wars for the last decade or so. While I only started posting recently, I have been following this site since early in the PT.

benknobi1 and Grimby like this.