main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Just Enough (Book Two, J/J Post-DN, AU) **Chapter 23 Up 6/25**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JainaJag14, Sep 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JainaJag14

JainaJag14 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 27, 2006
    Title: Just Enough: Book Two of "How Many Times?"
    Author: JainaJag14
    Time Frame: Post Swarm War, pre-Legacy, AU
    Characters: Jaina, Jag, Zekk, Fel Family, others
    Summary: I think you should read to find out.
    Notes: This story is a continuation of Book One of this trilogy, How Many Times?. You should read Book One first, but it is not necessary. If you want a summary of Book One, PM me.
    Disclaimer: I own none of this. All chatacter, planets, and other tidbits belong to others. I just play here.

One last thing. Thanks to all my readers for being patient. But especially to my beta, fakejakejedi for getting this back to me as quickly as he did and sticking with me this whole time. Also, thanks to Jaina_Solo_16, who gave me the extra push to get this done on time. Thanks you two, and this chapter is for you.

And now...

Chapter 15

?Welcome to Csilla.?

She heard the words and some part in the back of her brain processed them, but she didn?t respond immediately. She sat, enthralled at the sight in front of her. Outside the viewport of the midsize shuttle she had been sharing with her two companions for the better part of two days laid a pristine world of blue and white. Around it orbited ships of all makes, models, size, and classifications, from small, privately owned yachts to Chiss Clawcraft to large war vessels. The ships flew with a kind of eerie precision that reminded her of a Yuuzhan Vong yammosk or the Killik Hive Mind. Everyone seemed to know exactly where he was going and how to get there most efficiently. It was quite unlike the traffic around Mon Calamari, where people tended to go wherever they believed they had the authority to go. Leave it to the Chiss to make even incoming traffic neat and orderly.

Realizing that she had not replied to the comment, Jaina Solo turned in her seat towards her companion.

?I love it.?

Jagged Fel smiled at her. ?You haven?t even seen it yet.?

?Ah, but I know that I will,? she replied.

A new voice interjected. ?If you two are done playing kissy-face we have three small but heavily armed problems coming our way.?

Jaina reached past the speaker, Zekk, and took a look at the monitor. Heavily armed they were. Incoming were three Chiss Clawcraft identical to the one that Jag had flown. The readout told her that they had armed their weapons and were preparing to fire.

?Um, Zekk?this isn?t good. Get us out of here, and quick,? Jaina said nervously.

?Right,? Zekk replied as he began to swing the shuttle around. Well, not swing exactly, since the dilapidated ship could hardly maneuver its way around a planet, let alone its own axis. But it was the best that they could manage.

?Zekk, what about weapons?? Jaina continued frantically.

?Jaina?? Jag began, only to be cut off by Zekk.

?I can see the weapons,? he replied tersely, trying to ignore the untimely distraction that Jag was becoming. ?They?re pointed right at us.?

?I meant our weapons. This crate has got to have something.?

?Jaina, listen?? But again Jag was interrupted.

?Yeah, but those laser cannons are more likely to shoot off our own end than theirs. You know how I am with modifications. We were lucky to get this far. The weapons are for show, mostly.?

?Jaina!? Jag had to shout this time to be heard over the ruckus the two Jedi were making.

?What, Jag? We don?t have time for this. Those Clawcraft are about to shoot us to pieces and all you can think about it talking??

?That?s exactly what I?m suggesting. You obviously haven?t noticed that they are trying to hail us, and have been for the past few minutes.?

?What?? She looked at the screen again and blushed. ?I guess they are. Do you want to talk to them? My Cheunh is a bit rusty and I?d probably end up insulting their great uncle twice removed or something.? Jaina laughed, trying to make light of the fact that she so easily slipped into the habit of c

2. darkladypurplepencil

darkladypurplepencil Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 16, 2006
    Love it already!
    Please add me to the PM list!
    DL Purple Pencil

Edit: Yes! First reply! [face_dancing]

3. MaraJade1225

MaraJade1225 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 29, 2004
    Awesome post! I can't wait to see what happens next!

MaraJ

4. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    ?That, my love, is a surprise. It you?re patient you will find out.?

But I wanna know now!

Glad to have you back with book 2. Great start!=D=

5. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    Great depiction of Csilla, and nice banter. :)

KT

6. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    I want to know too! :D

good start.

7. jasa

jasa Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2005
    [face_dancing] Yay! It's started!

I loved the interaction and Jaina's naturally jump to "military mode". Great job!

8. Wraiths_Ghost

Wraiths_Ghost Jedi Master star 1

May 24, 2006
    Excellent start. I can't wait for more!

9. rebel_cheese

rebel_cheese Jedi Master star 4

Jul 6, 2006
    I know I didn't read the first fic but this is interesting. I'll read the first one and catch up ASAP. ;)

10. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    Glad to see you back.

I loved your description of Csilla. I bet they would solve the traffic problem.

I can't wait to see what the Fel estate holds for our Jedi friends- I say once a Jedi, always. I have a feeling Jaina's going to realize that too.

First she needs some Jag-love. [face_love]

=D=

11. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    yay you're back. great chapter, can't wait to see what the surprise is...

12. Choose_and_Act

Choose_and_Act Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2006
    woo! glad to have you back, can't wait to see what happens next!

13. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    It's here[face_dancing]

14. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Wow! That was a great start...I can't wait to see where this goes...=D=

More soon...

FL @};-

15. fakejakejedi

fakejakejedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2006
    "I want more, but I know I shouldn't" (Anakin ROTS) --I'm joking about the I know I shouldn't part. Next Chapter soon!, please. I really enjoy reading this and I can tell you love writing it!

16. JainaJag14

Apr 27, 2006
    [:D] Hi people. It's getting close to the weekend and post time, but before I can do that, let me get the first batch of replies for this story.

darkladypurplepencil Welcome! [:D]

Love it already! Thanks. I'm glad that you liked it.

Please add me to the PM list!
    DL Purple Pencil
    Done and done.;)

Edit: Yes! First reply! I love getting first replies. :p

MaraJade1125 Awesome post! I can't wait to see what happens next! I'm glad that you liked it. I think that you'll like the next part. It was certainly fun to write.

PRINCESSCAMBRIA ?That, my love, is a surprise. It you?re patient you will find out.?

But I wanna know now!
    You have to be patient, just like Jaina. [face_shame_on_you] I promise that it's worth the wait.

Glad to have you back with book 2. Great start! Glad to be back, and thanks.[:D]

Killik_Twilight Great depiction of Csilla, and nice banter. Thanks KT, and great to have you here.

SpiritofEowyn Welcome! [:D] I love new readers.
    I want to know too! You have to be patient, too. ;)

good start. Thanks, I'm glad that you like.

jasa Yay! It's started! [face_dancing] I'm happy too. I've been waiting for when I would have time to devote to it. I'm so happy that I'm back in it again.

I loved the interaction and Jaina's naturally jump to "military mode". Great job! Thanks jasa. I love writing that kind of interaction. So amusing...

Wraiths_Ghost Excellent start. I can't wait for more! Thanks. I have more on the way.

rebel_cheese Welcome! Didn't expect to see you around here ;) Just kidding.

I know I didn't read the first fic but this is interesting. I'll read the first one and catch up ASAP. I hope that you like that one so much that you'll come back here and keep reading. Happy reading.

padawanlost Hey padawan!

Glad to see you back. Glad to be back. :)

I loved your description of Csilla. I bet they would solve the traffic problem. All neat and orderly. Just the way I picture it.

I can't wait to see what the Fel estate holds for our Jedi friends- I say once a Jedi, always. I have a feeling Jaina's going to realize that too. Oh she'll realize it sooner or later. Most likely later, seeing as she's a Solo and all. Just wait to see what kind of welcome she gets.[face_devil] I'm truly evil sometimes.

First she needs some Jag-love. That I think I can manage.;)

Alishu06 yay you're back.[face_dancing]

great chapter, can't wait to see what the surprise is... Thanks, and the surprise is yet to come.

Choose_and_Act woo! glad to have you back, can't wait to see what happens next! I'm glad that you liked it so much. I have more coming up soon.

G__Anakin It's here I'm excited too. Glad to have you back.

Flowerlady Wow! That was a great start... Wow. Thanks.[face_blush]

I can't wait to see where this goes... It'll be exciting, I promise.:)

More soon... Promise.

fakejakejedi "I want more, but I know I shouldn't" (Anakin ROTS) --I'm joking about the I know I shouldn't part. You can want more all you want. You just have to be patient. The next chapter is worth it.

Next Chapter soon!, please. Yes sir!;)

I really enjoy reading this and I can tell you love writing it! I'm glad that you enjoy it so much.

Alright. The next chapter is off to my beta, and I will have i

17. JainaJag14

Apr 27, 2006
    Hi again. I promised a chapter this weekend, and I always live up to my promises. Here is the chapter that I promised. I want to give a special thank you fakejakejedi for getting this back to me so fast. This post goes to any and all new readers. Hope you enjoy!

Chapter 16

They found transportation to the Fel estate easily enough even though the spaceport was a busy place. People were still on edge from the end of the war and the place was a zoo. Well, as much of a zoo as a Chiss spaceport could be, Jag thought, stifling a grin. People still walked around with purpose, yet there was an unusually large amount of people there. Never in his life had Jag seen so many Chiss gathered in the spaceport. An aftereffect of the war, Jag reasoned. Sometimes he almost preferred the chaos that permeated the air of New Republic spaceports. Those spaceports were the prelude to many a happy memory with a certain favorite Jedi of his. Before he let his mind wander so far off that he crashed the speeder and killed all three of them, Jag checked his mental map to make sure that they didn?t drift off course in the endless white of the snow.

As he entered the underground maze of ice that was the only way to the Fel estate, Jag ran through the numerous twist and turns in his head: right, right, left, right, left, and a left up into the clearing with the estate. Jag confidently piloted the speeder through the maze that separated his parents? house from the rest of Csilla. His father?s former position of Assistant Syndic put him and the family at risk from dissenters, however rare they were, and the maze of ice and the shield generator that covered it all were created as defense measures. However long he had been away, he piloted the speeder through as flawlessly as if had just flown it yesterday. As he rounded the last turn, Jag could barely make out the outline of the large house he grew up in. A strange excitement and a sense of anticipation overcame him. He also felt the tightening in his chest that signaled nervousness.

What if they didn?t get the message Shawnkyr promised that she?d send? What if they don?t like Jaina? But the question that repeated over and over in his mind was what if they think I?m dead? The Fels had already suffered the heartbreak of having three of their children not come home from battle. He could only imagine what state his mother could be in if she thought that Jag was dead also. A hundred ?what ifs? passed through his mind in the time that it took him to drive up to the gates of his house.

The estate itself was one of the few houses on Csilla to rest above the ground itself instead of being imbedded in the ice. The house was two graceful stories tall and was made of an old type of white stone. While the stone served as another layer of defense, making the house all but invisible against the pure white background, Jag knew that behind those cold stone walls lay many rooms, elegant and functional, warm and inviting. Those rooms held so many memories for Jag: playing Hilltop Emperor with Davin and Chak, helping Cherith and his mom prepare for evening meal, taking care of Wyn and Cem when they were home sick with the Csillian flu. The memories came unbidden to Jag?s mind.

Throughout the ride to the estate, Jaina and Zekk had been silent, most likely taking in the sights. The view in the ice tunnels was spectacular, the light barely shining through the thick walls, and the beautiful house resting on the soft snow. It was a view that not many people ever had the opportunity to see.

He pulled the speeder up to the front gate and leaned out to punch in the code that would open the fence and let the speeder enter. The familiar action made it seem to him as if he was just coming home from another day at the base, not coming back from the dead. Even after a year and a half of not being home he remembered it. He had memorized it when he was four. He knew that even if his parents thought him dead they wouldn?t delete his code. Jag knew that, secretly, both his

18. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    great chapie, yay for slapping Zekk... lol

19. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    That was a great chapter. I loved Jag's memories. Great detail and emotion.

Jaina force-slapping Zekk was good too. That cracked me up.

What a touching scene with Jag and Syal. :_| Stupid Chiss not telling his family he was still alive.

The lullaby was a great connection. It seemed like the kind of thing you'd be reminded of if you lost a child. Very well done.

Now, in a second, she going to open her eyes and realize that Jag brought friends home, and then we'll see how things are going to be on Csilla.

I wouldn't be surprised if Soontir's trying to sneak up on them right now- he probably has a spare ysalamiri just in case.

=D=

20. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    Nice scene with Syal..

Oh yeah MORE :)

21. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Great start of new story :D

22. fakejakejedi

fakejakejedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2006
    Thanks for the PM and great post. Another great chapter to read. The memories were cool. I hope we can hear more of them as Jag introduces Jaina to his mom.

23. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    :) Great Chapter:)

Do you mind giving a summary for How many Times 1? I forgot what it was about.[face_blush] [face_batting]

24. jasa

jasa Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2005
    Great banter and homecoming. :D

25. Jedi-Roxy

Jedi-Roxy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    Good story! Add me to the PM list? Plz??

The Phoenix Jedi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.