main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Just Enough (Book Two, J/J Post-DN, AU) **Chapter 23 Up 6/25**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JainaJag14, Sep 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fakejakejedi

fakejakejedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2006
    FIRST POST!

I wish we could have seen more of the sim-battle. Other than the length of that section this was a good update. Thanks for the post and PM.

2. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    I'm so glad to see this story again....[face_dancing]

I loved that chapter... and I love Soontir. That old Imperial always has something up his sleeve....

?Mm, hmm. It was a long day,? was all the reply he got. I bet it was a long night, too.

?I was wondering if you could tell me where Jaina is. I was hoping to invite her to the sims with me.? Soontir waited for his Jag?s reaction and was mildly surprised to see color forming on his cheeks.

?She?s right here. I?ll get her for you.?

?Thank you, Jagged. I?ll be waiting down stairs. Why don?t you go back to sleep. I bet you?re a bit tired.?

Jag?s blush intensified as he caught his father?s meaning. ?Ah?no, actually. But I think I?ll get some more sleep anyway.?

Sure Jag...Whatever you say...Might explain why Jaina got shot down because she was getting tired too....That just had me in stitches...[face_laugh]

Great chapter and I can't wait for more...Maybe some Zekk/Wyn?...[face_batting]
    [:D]

FL @};-

3. JainaJag14

JainaJag14 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 27, 2006
    fake Of course you'd be home right now. Should have realized. I'm glad that you liked the chapter. Thanks for the beta, too.

4. IceFire27

IceFire27 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 16, 2007
    Loved the interaction between Jaina and Soontir. It takes a great pilot to truly appreciate another. Interesting that he choose Dubrillion. Got to wonder if he knew about Lando's Folly? Thanks for the PM. [:D]

5. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    Poor Soontir. He eventually won but who wants to see their kids like that?:eek:

And Yay an embarressed Jag!

6. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    Hehehe. Good 'ole Soontir. :)

Very nice update.

KT

7. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    that was a great post, glad to c that they spent time together.

8. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    another amazing update!

9. Pirate_Captain

Pirate_Captain Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2007
    Great chapter!! It really was worth the wait.
    I loved Jaina and Soontir's time together, it was a good touch.
    Thanks for the PM! :D

10. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    Nice Jaina/Tir time[face_love] Though I'm worried that somehow Jacen's going to prove to be Jaina's weakness, just as she is Jag's. Of course that could present some interesting problems for the two.

I have to say that I'm quite pleased they spent the night together too. Soontir's reaction was priceless. It was good to see his romantic side right before he stumbled upon them. Syal is such a wonderful foil for him.

Hope DRL gives you a break, and that we get more chapters soon, but I'm not one to talk about that right now[face_blush]

=D=

11. jasa

jasa Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2005
    Great Tir/Jaina dialogue

12. hollynkesten

hollynkesten Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2004
    loved it, but then, i expected to. I want to know more tho about how the recruits thought about the sim between Jaina and Tir. That would be interesting!

Keep up the good work! More soon

13. JainaJag14

Apr 27, 2006
    Hello to all. I'm so very sorry to post one chapter and then leave again. I have been literally swamped with schoolwork, outside activities, and other stories that I have been writing. I'm sorry for not giving this story greater attention, and also for being very absent from the boards the past month.

I want to let anyone who is still reading (if any of you still are) that I have not abandoned this story. I have, in fact, been continueing to write the story, but have just not been able to get to a computer to type and post. Hopefully I will be able to remedy this situation soon, and I hope to have many chapters to post in a few weeks.

Thanks you for being patient with me (again. Sorry)and I hope that you won't give up on me or this story for taking so long.

If any of you want to be taken off of the PM list for this story, please don't hesistate to tell me. I will completely understand.

Right now the list includes: Alishu06, Wraiths_Ghost, Corellian_Cutie, padawanlost, jasa, Flowerlady, fakejakejedi, G__Anakin, AvaVisarra, BottledUpInside, Killik_Twilight, _sticks, Possum1, -Yun-Harla-, Mathom, Choose_and_Act, MaraJade1125, Jaina_Solo_16, darkladypurplepencil, Jedi-Roxy, SpiritofEowyn, JAGSGURL15, hollynkesten, ikarit, The_Burbetty_Ewok, skywalkerlover00, IceFire27, Pirate_Captain.

Again, thanks for being patient with me.

Kim a.k.a JainaJag14

14. jasa

jasa Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2005
    Hey,

I know how you feel about school work. I am graduating from university this semester and am swamped with work and to top that off I am writing my thesis.

jasa

15. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Take your time...

I'll still be here.

Good luck with school, that's important too. :)

FL @};-

16. JainaJag14

Apr 27, 2006
    Thanks you guys. It means a lot. [:D]

17. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    I've been having horrible computer problems of late as well, so I totally understand. Hope everything's going well with school, and can't wait to see those new posts when things get a little more under control.

18. IceFire27

IceFire27 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 16, 2007
    Take your time. [:D]

After all I'm not going anywhere. :p

19. fakejakejedi

May 31, 2006
    JJ14

I'll be here until this story ends. And then I'll be here till your next one ends. And then... I hope you keep writing. This has been great fun. Don't give up.

Fake

20. miranda82

miranda82 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2004
    I'm really enjoying this fic! :)

Oh, can I be added to the PM list? Thanks.

21. hollynkesten

hollynkesten Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2004
    yay!!!!!!!!

just waiting, and looking forward to it!

22. JainaJag14

Apr 27, 2006
    Hello again. I just want to preface anything that I'm about to say with some long overdue news. I have a chapter ready to go. [face_dancing] I will be porting it as soon as I finish with some replies.

fakejakejedi FIRST POST! Congrats.

I wish we could have seen more of the sim-battle. Other than the length of that section this was a good update. Thanks for the post and PM. I'm glad that you liked the chapter. It was fun to write. And you're welcome for the PM.

FLowerlady I'm so glad to see this story again.... I'm glad to finally have time to devote here.

I loved that chapter... and I love Soontir. That old Imperial always has something up his sleeve.... Don't I know it...;)

Sure Jag...Whatever you say...Might explain why Jaina got shot down because she was getting tired too....That just had me in stitches... That had me laughing when writing it. I think it is one of my favirite parts so far.

Great chapter and I can't wait for more...Maybe some Zekk/Wyn?... Well, I'm not saying anything, but if you wait for chapter 22 I might have written a little W/Z. But I'm not saying anything...

IceFire27 Loved the interaction between Jaina and Soontir. It takes a great pilot to truly appreciate another. My thoughts exactly.

Interesting that he choose Dubrillion. Got to wonder if he knew about Lando's Folly? You never know with Soontir. He is a sneaky Imperian after all...;)

Thanks for the PM. Anytime.

SpiritofEowyn Poor Soontir. He eventually won but who wants to see their kids like that? [face_laugh] I can't think of many.

And Yay an embarressed Jag! Oh, don't worry, there's a lot more of that on the way.

Killik_Twilight Hehehe. Good 'ole Soontir. Yeah, his character is so fun to play with.

Very nice update. Thanks KT. [:D]

Alishu06 that was a great post, glad to c that they spent time together. Thanks Alishu. I'm glad that you like it.

JAGSGURL15 another amazing update! [face_blush] Thanks, JG15.

Pirate_Captain Great chapter!! It really was worth the wait. Thanks, and thanks for waiting for the chapter.

I loved Jaina and Soontir's time together, it was a good touch. I liked that part, too.

Thanks for the PM! You're welcome. [:D]

padawanlost Nice Jaina/Tir time Though I'm worried that somehow Jacen's going to prove to be Jaina's weakness, just as she is Jag's. Of course that could present some interesting problems for the two. Interesting to say the least. I don't quite know how far I'm going to take the Jacen subplot, but it will go somewhere.

I have to say that I'm quite pleased they spent the night together too. Soontir's reaction was priceless. It was good to see his romantic side right before he stumbled upon them. Syal is such a wonderful foil for him. I loved writing Soontir's reaction. And I love Syal, too.

Hope DRL gives you a break, and that we get more chapters soon, but I'm not one to talk about that right now Well, I found a small break from DRL, and I sould have even more time when the week is done. Thanks for being patient.

jasa Great Tir/Jaina dialogue Thanks jasa. Oh, and good luck writing your thesis. [:D]

hollynkesten loved it, but then, i expected to. [face_blush] Thanks.

I want to know more tho about how the recruits thought about the sim between Jaina and Tir. That would be interesting! I imagine that they are pretty impressed. Two of the best pilots around, head to head. Not something you see everyday. ;)

Keep up the good work! More soon I have more on t

23. JainaJag14

Apr 27, 2006
    Alright, as promised, here is Chapter 21. It's a little shorter than most, but it is one of my favorites. Sorry again for the time it took to get this ready, and thanks for being patient with me.

So, without any more ranbling on my part...

Chapter 21

The next day passed without any major developments. Soontir had requested his audience with the Ruling Council, but they had yet to respond one way or the other. Jag was starting to get anxious. If they didn?t hear back from the Council soon, he would be in serious sithspit. Everything now rested in the Four Families lifting the charges against Jaina. Or, at least, on getting the proverbial ball rolling in that direction. Jag just wished that he had been able to go with his Father to request his audience. But he hadn?t even known what Soontir was planning until it was already done.

When Jaina and his father had returned from the sims the previous day, Jaina had pulled him aside about some important news. She had told him about the attack on Thrago with tears in her eyes, explaining about Jacen and his twisted motivations. He learned about the years her twin had spent traveling the galaxy, his betrayal, and of her suspicions that he was slipping into the darkness. Jag had held her while she had cried, while inwardly seething. Not at her, but at her traitor of a brother.

Jag had trusted that sithspawned whelp and had let him twist Jag?s own thoughts against Jaina and her parents, who had shown him nothing but kindness and acceptance through the years. Jacen had convinced him to capture Jaina?s parents. Jacen had advised him on how to deal with the Killiks. It seemed that Jacen had manipulated him, the Chiss, and Jaina into doing whatever he thought was necessary. Jag wasn?t sure what kind of game Jacen was playing at, or what the goal, but he knew, without a shadow of a doubt, that they were all just pawns.

But he hadn?t told Jaina any of that. Instead he had held her while she had cried, providing the only comfort he could at the time. He and his father would figure out something to fix the situation. Somehow.

Jag was still thinking about it later that night during dinner, the distraction making him more quiet and introverted than usual. He was far too tightly wound inside to think of anything else. Jag?s, and Jaina?s, entire future depended on the Four Families lifting the charges. If they didn?t, Jaina would be arrested and put to death, and under no circumstance could Jag let that happen.

However, as much as he disliked it, the matter was now out of his hands. His father had contacted the Council requesting his audience and, providing the Families granted the request, Jag and Soontir would present Jaina?s case. As an outsider herself, Jaina could not appear before the panel, but Jag would have to do the best he could in her place.

A gentle squeeze on his hand jerked Jag out of his not circular thoughts. He glanced to his left to see Jaina giving him a soft smile. Clearly, she had picked up on his train of thought and was now trying to comfort him. Not even one of Jaina?s smiles, however, could slow down his racing mind now. It only reminded him of everything he stood to lose in the upcoming days.

Another insistent tug on his hand brought him about again, this time to see everyone getting up from the table to make their way again to the next room. Jag barely noticed as Jaina led him to the couch they had sat in the night before. Not even the sight of Zekk and Wyn sitting closely together on the loveseat and Cem snickering at them could break Jag out of his daze.

He kept repeating different scenarios over and over in his head. In the end, however, Jag could see no alternatives. He looked over at Jaina, who gave him another brave smile, and, finally, he made a decision. Nothing the families said could or would control his life. If he and Jaina wanted to be together, no Force forsaken council would stop them.

?I have an announcement,? Jag spoke up, cutting Wyn off mid-sentence. He saw the whole

24. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    And away they go?

KT

25. fakejakejedi

May 31, 2006
    I thought I'd be first! Oh well. Anyways I like where this directional chapter is going, I can sorta see. The twist at the end nearly killed me!--I wonder if Jaina rolling away from Jag was a Force-relfex or something. Thanks for the great post and the PM,

fakejakejedi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.