main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Just Enough (Book Two, J/J Post-DN, AU) **Chapter 23 Up 6/25**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JainaJag14, Sep 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IceFire27

IceFire27 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 16, 2007
    Very nice job showing Jag's inner turmoil. I could almost feel it myself. Stay? Go? Stay? Go? What to do?

I also liked how Jaina turned away from him. It makes you wonder if she knew what she did, or if it was truly just a night movement. Can't wait for more.

2. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    I always thought he'd give up the Chiss for her in a heartbeat, which angered me so in canon- thankfully you've fixed that here ;)

I'm wondering what Jag has in mind to help clear Jaina's name, but that kind of secret is hardly something I expect to see in a reply. And here's hoping that her rolling away from him was nothing more than tossing in one's sleep.

Great update =D=

3. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    ::sneeze::

Very cute. I wonder what Jaina makes of all of this.

Jag= <3

4. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    that was an interesting post, I wonder if Jaina was really asleep or not. lol

5. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    In a way I'm glad they're leaving because I doutb very much the Chiss would have dropped the charges.

I hope she realizes that too.

Great job as always....=D=

This is a wonderful story and I can't wait for more!!!! [:D]

FL @};-

6. BottledUpInside

BottledUpInside Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 28, 2005
    me gusta!!!

Some how I don't think her rolling away bids well for their relationship though....cn't wait to see what happens next!!!!!

~Jen~

7. JainaJag14

JainaJag14 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 27, 2006
    Well, after a grueling 6 hours of musical dress rehearsal, I have time for some quick replies.

Killik_Twilight
    And away they go? Yes they do. It will be a long journey. :p

fakajakejedi I thought I'd be first! Sorry, but KT beat you to it.

Oh well. Anyways I like where this directional chapter is going, I can sorta see. Can you? Well don't tell the others. It's supposed to be a secret...:p

The twist at the end nearly killed me!--I wonder if Jaina rolling away from Jag was a Force-relfex or something. You'll just have to wait and see. I'll answer that question eventually.

Thanks for the great post and the PM You're welcome, and no problem.

IceFire27 Very nice job showing Jag's inner turmoil. I could almost feel it myself. Stay? Go? Stay? Go? What to do?Thanks. It's a tough decision, and more could be riding on it than you would think...wait, I didn't say that. [face_shhh]

I also liked how Jaina turned away from him. It makes you wonder if she knew what she did, or if it was truly just a night movement. I'll never tell...for now at least.

Can't wait for more. Can't make any promises as to when it will be, but not another month like last time.

padawanlost I always thought he'd give up the Chiss for her in a heartbeat, which angered me so in canon- thankfully you've fixed that here I agree, he seemed just a little too eager in the books, so I tried to show both sides of the arguement here. I'm glad that you liked it.

I'm wondering what Jag has in mind to help clear Jaina's name, but that kind of secret is hardly something I expect to see in a reply. How very right you are :p.

And here's hoping that her rolling away from him was nothing more than tossing in one's sleep. We'll just have to see. ;)

Great update Thanks padawanlost. [:D]

SpiritofEowyn ::sneeze:: God bless you. :p

Very cute. I wonder what Jaina makes of all of this. You'll find out soon enough. ;)

Jag= <3[face_love]

Alishu06 that was an interesting post, I wonder if Jaina was really asleep or not. lol I'm glad that you liked the chapter. I can't tell you whether she was asleep or not, it would ruin the suspense. ;)

Flowerlady In a way I'm glad they're leaving because I doutb very much the Chiss would have dropped the charges.

I hope she realizes that too.
    She's a smart Jedi. She'll understand eventually.

Great job as always....

This is a wonderful story and I can't wait for more!!!!
    Thanks FL. I'll have more as soon as I can. [:D]

BottledUpInside me gusta!!! Ah Mia!! :p

Some how I don't think her rolling away bids well for their relationship though....cn't wait to see what happens next!!!!! You'll see whether it's good or not in the next chapter, promise.

Well, I have the next chapter written. It's jsut a matter of finding time to type, edit, and have it betad. I doubt that it will be done this week, as it is production week at school. At earliest I can predict is that the post will be next week sometime. Not another month-long wait, I swear. [face_blush]

8. Pirate_Captain

Pirate_Captain Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2007
    Great job!!!

I wonder how mad Jaina's going to be when they leave.... [face_thinking] Sorry, Jag, but I don't think she rolled away from you in her sleep!

9. jasa

jasa Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2005
    so they are leaving, and from the looks of it, jaina's not too happy. good post!

10. kyps_godess

kyps_godess Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    wow this is a great story, i just finished reading it and the one before

could you please add me to the PM list

Thanks

kat

11. JainaJag14

Apr 27, 2006
    Oh my goodness, this has taken a long time. Good news, I have just finished my junior year in high school in one piece, and, after I get to some last minute replies, I have a chapter all geared up and ready to go.

Pirate_Captain Great job!!! Thanks a bunch. [:D]

I wonder how mad Jaina's going to be when they leave.... Sorry, Jag, but I don't think she rolled away from you in her sleep! WHAT!!! Who told you...I mean, you'll have to ready the next chapter to find out. *slowly backs away...*

jasa so they are leaving, and from the looks of it, jaina's not too happy. good post! No, she's not too happy at all. I'm glad that you liked the chapter, jasa. :)

kyps_godess wow this is a great story, i just finished reading it and the one before Welcome to the fun. Sorry that I take a long time to update, but I'm glad that you liked it. Thanks for reading HMT as well.

could you please add me to the PM list Thanks Of course I will. [:D]

Alrighty then, give me a few minutes and I'll have a chapter and some PMs to send out.

12. JainaJag14

Apr 27, 2006
    Well, here it is. Sorry that it took so long to get this ready. I just finished junior year. Pure torture it was. And I had to finish reading Sacrifice. [face_blush] So, for those of you who want answers fro J/J and some W/Z plot action, here is a chapter just for you. Enjoy!

Chapter 22

Jaina woke up early the next day, much earlier than she naturally would have. The internal Force clock that she set the previous night made sure that she woke up before Jag did. The past twenty-four hours had been quite overwhelming, and she had not wanted to deal with all of it at eleven at night. And, truthfully, she was still a little mad at Jag for lying to her. Right after Jag had left to talk with his father about?well, whatever they had talked about, she was sorely tempted to follow them and find out all what was going on. Then she realized, she hoped, that Jag would tell her if it was anything terribly important.

Later, after she had changed for bed, she realized that his record for telling the truth was working against him. He wouldn?t tell her how her parents had gotten captured, and he had flat out lied to her about her position among the Chiss, and how him and his father had pulled strings to get her here. Jaina had thought that she and Jag had overcome their communications breakdown on Tenupe, that they wouldn?t keep things from each other anymore. It was a failure to communicate that left them on bad terms after Zonoma Sekot, and most recently during the Swarm War. Until Jag rectified the situation, Jaina could only give him a taste of his own medicine.

She made her way down to the kitchen hoping for some quiet time to think over a cup of caf, and was quite surprised to see Wyn sitting at the table, head bent low over her own cup. Unable to reconcile the cheerful teenager form the day before with the sulking one before her, Jaina forgot her own troubles for a moment and sat in the chair next to Jag?s sister.

Wyn didn?t startle or even acknowledge her presence except to mutter a small, ?Hey.?

Sensing that it would be best if she didn?t push anything, Jaina merely sat there waiting, occasionally taking a small sip of the steaming brown liquid in her mug. It was almost a full five minutes before Wyn spoke again. ?I just don?t know what to do about him.?

Him? Jaina wondered. Ah, so this was about Zekk. She was once again surprised. The two of them had only known each other for a few days, so what could have happened in that time to make Wyn so confused?

She didn?t have to ask, though, because Wyn started speaking again. ?Everything was going fine. That first night we stayed up early into the morning, just talking. You know, I asked him about his life as a Jedi, he asked me about how I liked it here. That sort of thing. I told him that I wasn?t that happy, you know, living in Jag?s shadow, not to mention Davin and Chak and Cherith. I hadn?t told anyone that, ever. Not even Jag knows. Everything was fine,? she repeated. ?I finally had someone to talk to. Someone like me. Human, that is, not Chiss. The Chiss don?t understand. They all expect me to go into the military like everyone else in my family did. No matter what I want, that is what I should be doing.

?Then last night we were talking again. Just like before, right? He told me that right after dinner he got a message saying that his ship was ready to go. That he was leaving later tonight. You can?t know how it felt, knowing that the only person I?d been able to open up to in so long was leaving me.?

Wyn took a breath, before continuing. ?Well, apparently he knew what it felt like, because he asked me to leave with him.?

Jaina, who had up until now remained silent, let out a small gasp. ?He did??

Wyn nodded. ?Yeah, he did.?

Jaina sat back. Never, in the eight years she had known Zekk had he ever, ever acted in haste. Everything with him was carefully planned out, taken slowly and with caution. For him to ask Wyn to uproot her entire life after two days of knowing

13. fakejakejedi

fakejakejedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2006
    I wanted Jaina to not forgive Jag for the lies, but the romantic in me is happy with this too. I guess it's the writing style--where ever this goes, it tugs me and everybody else along with it.

FIRST POST!

Thanks for the PM and the great post. Looking forward to more.

14. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    I don't know what to think yet, about where this is going. But it is a good post I think and I wanted you to know that.

15. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    I'm glad you survived your year of school...

Great chapter!=D=

I wonder what Jaina will do.

Oh and the Zekk/Wyn bit was fantastic...I hope Zekk realizes Wyn is just as smitten as he is..[face_love]

Glad to see this fic being updated again.

[:D]

FL @};-

16. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    hmmmmmm so wyn and zekk? I like it ;) Can't wait to read more

17. Pirate_Captain

Pirate_Captain Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2007
    Lucky you, finished with Junior year! (We get out of school so late here, it seems...two more days until I'm done being a sophmore, though! *is dumbstruck*)

Excellent update!

?They just met. It?s not like their getting married or anything.?

Oooo, close one, Jaina! :D

Can't wait for the next update!

18. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    Great to have you back! Summer's so much fun here when everyone has more free time.

Its hard to do anything romantic without a few fibs here and there, but Jag does need to fess up. I'm still pretty worried about the extent of the trouble that Jaina's in with the Chiss.

The secret family hideaway sounds cool though. Can't wait to the next update, to see what Jag tells her.

=D=

19. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Great job!

20. BottledUpInside

BottledUpInside Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 28, 2005
    This is so adorable :)

Great update!!!!!!!

~Jen~

21. JainaJag14

Apr 27, 2006
    Hello to all my lovely readers. I want to thank all those who read and replied to the last chapter for not giving up on me, even though my updates are few and far between. I'm working on changing that. But in the mean time, thanks for sticking with me.

fakejakejedi I wanted Jaina to not forgive Jag for the lies, but the romantic in me is happy with this too. I guess it's the writing style--where ever this goes, it tugs me and everybody else along with it. Well, Jag's not in the clear yet. It might take another chapter or two for that. I'm glad that you like my writing style.

FIRST POST! Congrats! [face_dancing]

Thanks for the PM and the great post. Looking forward to more. You're welcome.

SpiritofEowyn I don't know what to think yet, about where this is going. But it is a good post I think and I wanted you to know that. Thank you for the honesty. I hope that after the next post or two you will understand where this is going more.

Flowerlady I'm glad you survived your year of school... It feels kind of wierd not to be doing anything for once. I'll just have to fill the time with fanfiction. :)

Great chapter! I wonder what Jaina will do. Thanks, FL. Jaina will do as Jaina always does. ;)

Oh and the Zekk/Wyn bit was fantastic...I hope Zekk realizes Wyn is just as smitten as he is.. I'm glad that you like the W/Z parts. I wasn't too sure if I wanted to include it, but I'm glad that I did.

Glad to see this fic being updated again. It's good updating again.

Alishu06 hmmmmmm so wyn and zekk? I like it Can't wait to read more I'm glad tht you liked the Wyn/Zekk parts. There will be a little more of them in the next chapter, too.

Pirate_Captain Lucky you, finished with Junior year! (We get out of school so late here, it seems...two more days until I'm done being a sophmore, though! *is dumbstruck*) I'm so glad to be out of school for three months. Well, by now you've finished with sophmore year and are an official Junior. Have fun with this year. ;)

Excellent update!

?They just met. It?s not like they're getting married or anything.?

Oooo, close one, Jaina!
    I'm glad that you enjoyed it. I think Jaina can handle the pressure. Or can she...?

Can't wait for the next update! It's coming a lot quicker than the last one, I promise.

padawanlost Great to have you back! Summer's so much fun here when everyone has more free time. I felt so bad that I didn't have time to devote here. I'll be making up for all that lost time this summer.

Its hard to do anything romantic without a few fibs here and there, but Jag does need to fess up. I'm still pretty worried about the extent of the trouble that Jaina's in with the Chiss. Yes, Jaina's in quite a lot of trouble. It could get her into some tight spots in the near future. And, yes, Jag needs to fess up, but I think that it will be fun to see how long it takes him.

The secret family hideaway sounds cool though. Can't wait to the next update, to see what Jag tells her. Thanks, padawanlost.

G__Anakin I'm glad that you liked the chapter. [:D]

BottledUpInside This is so adorable

Great update!!!!!!!
    Thanks, Jen. I'm glad that you liked it.

Thanks again to everyone who is still with me even though I'm a terrible updater. I'll have a chapter up in a few days. If anyone wants to be put on or taken off the PM list, just let me know. I won't be offended in the slightest.

JJ14

Oh, and if anyone wants to request a color for their replies, let me know. I aim to please. :)

22. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Thanks for the PM... i had forgotten about how great this story was while i was dealing with DRL... it was nice to come back to a few new chapters!!!

These last chapters have been my favorite so far! Seeing Jaina in a limbo as to what to do w/ Jag and all.... its been great!

Keep up the excellent work!
    Can't wait for more!!!

23. JainaJag14

Apr 27, 2006
    JAGSGURL15 Thanks for the PM... i had forgotten about how great this story was while i was dealing with DRL... it was nice to come back to a few new chapters!!! You're welcome for the PM. I know all about dealing with DRL and it is absolutely no fun. I'm glad that you're back now.

These last chapters have been my favorite so far! Seeing Jaina in a limbo as to what to do w/ Jag and all.... its been great! Thanks, I tried to make it as realistic as possible, and I'm glad that you liked it.

Keep up the excellent work! Can't wait for more!!! More is right here.

Well, I promised a new chapter, and here it is. I tried to get this one out without the usual one month delay [face_blush] , but the result is that this chapter isn't quite as long as I would like. I hope that you enjoy it all the same.

Chapter 23

Wyn was upstairs in her room when Jaina found her. She was lying sideways on her bed staring up at the ceiling, feet dangling off the edge. Jaina smiled as she recognized the same position she herself would adopt when preoccupied. She made her way across the semi-clean floor to the bed, surprised when she saw that Wyn?s eyes were closed and a smile rested on her lips. Jaina lay down next to her and crossed her arms behind her head. At least she would be able to focus her thoughts away from Jag for a minute.

?So I take it that you?re going with Zekk, then??

Wyn didn?t open her eyes, but her smile became a grin. ?How?d you know??

?You were smiling when I came in,? Jaina replied. ?That, and the fact that your lips look swollen and your hair is all messed up,? she continued lightly. ?Which means that Zekk was really happy with your ?discussion.??

Wyn blushed and said, ?I guess I should be glad that it was you who found me here, and not my mother.?

?You?d be surprised, I?m sure.? Wyn gave Jaina a quizzical look, which she steadfastly ignored. ?So you?re leaving with Zekk, right??

Wyn nodded. ?We?re leaving tonight.?

?Any idea how long you?ll be gone??

?No idea.?

?Do your parents know you?re going?? Jaina asked.

Wyn shrugged and replied in a nonchalant voice, ?I?m sure they?ll figure it out when I don?t come down to dinner.? Before Jaina could protest this, Wyn added, "But I?ll leave a really long note explaining it all. And I?ll probably tell Cem about it.?

"Good choice.?

The two women were silent for a few minutes, each absorbed in her own thoughts before Wyn broke the silence by asking, ?So do you know when you and Jag are leaving??

Mention of Jag and their trip brought up the very thoughts she was trying so hard to ignore. ?I?m not quite sure. Most likely before you and Zekk leave, though.? A glance at Wyn?s face told her that the younger woman wanted so much to tell her about the planet Jaina was about to leave for and its meanings, and a part of Jaina wanted desperately to discuss her troubles and uncertainties with Wyn. She was possibly the next closest person to Jag after Jaina, and Jaina was positive that Wyn would understand her plight, even if she couldn?t do anything to help it. But Jaina remembered her promise to Syal about keeping it a secret that she knew, and reluctantly kept her mouth shut. Instead she settled for sinking further into the bed and closing her eyes, grateful that Wyn chose not to comment.

Jaina didn?t know how long she lay there in Wyn?s room. She was comforted by the fact that there was someone who would understand her troubles if only she could share them with her. Eventually the door opened and Jaina stretched out lazily with the Force to see who it was. The panic rose once again within her when she felt Jag?s luminous Force signature, but she quickly quelled it. As warm lips brushed her forehead she felt similar warmth spread throughout her body. Jaina opened her eyes to meet his striking green orbs and leaned up to capture his lips. She felt Jag smile against her mouth before resuming the kiss. Slowly Jaina let her doubts and misgivings melt away

24. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    Very enjoyable...I'm not sure what I think about Wyn running of with Zekk however, something tells me Soontir won't just sit back and watch that happen. :cool: Great Job!

25. IceFire27

IceFire27 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 16, 2007
    o_O I could have sworn that I had posted a review for the last post. :p Oh well, two for the price of one.

Chapter 22: I really enjoyed the talk Syal had with Jaina. The little hints that she drops about the compound are tantalizing little nuggets of info. Can't wait to see everything unfold.

Chapter 23: I'm happy to see that Jaina has forgiven Jag. [face_dancing] As for the whole Zekk/Wyn thing? I don't think that they will get very far. If Soontir and Cem don't stop them, then I think that Jag will gladly hunt them down and make sure that Wyn doesn't do anything 'foolish'. After all he is an over-protective older brother. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.