main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

just finished reading the original three books....

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Andrewmcdonagh, Jan 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrewmcdonagh

Andrewmcdonagh Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2001
    6.99 all together at Barnes and Noble, what is the best book that takes up right after, if there is such a thing?
    Thanks

2. Mandalore74

Mandalore74 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    The next chronologically is Kathy Tyers "The Truce At Bakura" which picks up days after the Battle Of Endor.

3. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    What exactly are the original three. Saying the original three novelizations would allow me to understand. But saying the original three makes me think the first three Star Wars novels. So I'd think Star Wars: From the Adventures of Luke Skywalker (aka A New Hope; the novel was released Dec. 76), Splinter of the Mind Eye (released Feb. 78), and Han Solo at Star End (the first in the Han Solo Adventure Trilogy; released April 79). Then in November of 79 we got Han Solo's Revenge. May of 1980 we not only got the movie The Empire Strikes back, but the novelization as well. So there were three books out between the first two novelizations, possibly four as I can not currently present the month Han Solo and the Lost Legacy was released, but it was also released in 1980. All the Lando Calrissian novels were released in 83, after both the movie and novelization of Return of the Jedi. So there were no adult novels released between the last two novelizations in the OT, though there were some other books released during this period.

The basic point of this response is simple. What do you mean by the original three books. If you mean the novelizations to the OT (which it seems you do), then you have SotME and SotE appearing between ANH and ESB and ESB and ROTJ respectively, with TaB appearing chonologically immediately after the victory at Endor. If you mean the original three books, then follow up with Han Solo's Revenge as it would seem you're following the chonological release of the novels and not the chornological order they take place in.

4. Mandalore74

Mandalore74 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    You're coming off a little harsh Knight. He is obviously a newbie, and I took it to mean the movie novelizations. So, if I am right, you have not only confused the hell out of him with the abbreviations, but have also made him embaressed to post for fear of getting ripped like that. It always pisses me off when people tear down newbies just because they don't have as much Star Wars knowledge as some of us. No offense, that's just what I am reading into it.

-Mandalore

5. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    I think by the 'three original books' he means the Thrawn Trilogy... I'm not sure, though...

6. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    I don't think Knight was harsh at all. Yes, a bit overwhelming to a newbie - but after almost 25 years worth of books, Star Wars is going to be a bit overwhelming to the newbie. :)

PrinceXizor...
    ?[face_plain] The Thrawn Trilogy is nowhere near the "original three books." ?[face_plain]

7. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Arghhh the Genghis is unleashed ! :D

In fact, I know that very well, it's just that it seems to be a common newbie mistake, although I might be wrong on that case...

8. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Grand Admiral Wettengel Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 10, 2000
    Well, the wording of the question does leave a lot to interpretation. Knight was correct to have mentioned the first 'three book; cycle.

The truth of the matter is that the original poster's question is nebulous. Does he mean the books that Knight mentioned? Does he mean the Thrawn Trilogy? Code he mean the Jedi Academy Trilogy? The Black Fleet Crisis? Could he be referring to Vector Prime, Onslaught and Ruin?

9. Kimball_Kinnison

Kimball_Kinnison Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2001
    Actually, the fact that he mentioned 6.99 all together at Barnes and Noble suggests that it is one volume ($6.99 is the cover price of most paperbacks now) and that would then suggest that it IS the original trilogy novelizations. Barnes & Noble is not exactly know as a discount place to buy books. If it had been the Trawn trilogy (or any three separate books), it would have been closer to $20.97.

Kimball Kinnison

10. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    I know what your talking about. Yeah its one book with the origanal movies novalizations. My Gram got it for me at christmas.

11. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    I own that three in one ppback novel myself, so I think it's safe to assume that's what he's referring to.

12. tanjokabri

tanjokabri Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2001
    why doesn't someone PM him and stop speculating about what he meant??!

13. Kimball_Kinnison

Kimball_Kinnison Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2001
    Because, this is more fun! ;)

14. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Me, overwhelming. Sometimes all to often. But you have to admit, I did provide a fair look at when some of the early books came out. Not as good as you could do, Genghis. But still, fairly good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.