main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Just finished The Crystal Star... saber color confusion????

Discussion in 'Literature' started by curtis327, Sep 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. curtis327

curtis327 Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2004
    Ok why is it that Luke's saber is described as first blue, then green, then "almost silver"? The star's influence was over the Force, not over a saber's crystal content. A crystal just focuses the energy, and the blade takes on the color of the crystal, like a lens on a flashlight.
    And why is Luke screwing around with his saber in the dark, while waiting for Han at the lodge? Luke is more disciplined than that. Just because he is feeling disconnected from the Force, doesn't mean he needs to screw around with his saber in the dark to pass the time.

What was Vonda trying to do?

DB327

2. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    What was Vonda trying to do?

Just don't ask. [face_plain]

3. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Amazement! as Dracmus says in her broken way. Why do people have these idiotic high expectations of Skywalker? Is this make believe chap not allowed to be uncertain, make mistakes, show a few fallacies? Does his every rogue behaviour need explanation? He's barely 30; he's still discovering himself, sheesh. So the star's affecting him, let him fiddle without a review.

What do people want, a sunshine-perfect performance? Lets review ourselves first. :p

4. curtis327

curtis327 Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2004
    Fine, Excellence,
    He is foulable, but what about the saber color?
    Is it a coincidence, but do the female writers portray Luke as weaker/more human than the male writers?

Barbara Hanbly has Luke gimping around the Eye of Palpatine for a week, not able to heal himself, while Dave Wolverton has Luke using the Force to slow his descent through the atmosphere of Dathomir to land safely.

DB327

5. lexu

lexu Force Ghost star 6

May 28, 2002
    Just finished The Crystal Star...

I'm sorry.

6. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    Awwww.... I wanted to say that :(

7. EwokStromboli

EwokStromboli Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2004
    Man, I gotta read this one . . . right after the trilogy about the computer chick.

8. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    I am very happy to say that I have not read the crystal star

I do, however, own darksaber as I picked it up for 50 cents

9. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    I haven't read Crystar Star yet it's actually next on my list of books because i finished UQ but i have been trying my hardest to put it off:p I-)

10. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Not coincidence, Curtis; female writers in general are more emotionally-characterised than action writers. Vice versa for the males, who don't do emotional verbose too well. Of course, there are exceptions I've found, fems who can do sword and sorcery great, males who can get inside a tramatic issue like barbequed Hutts.

Hambly's action moments aboard the Eye and Plett's well shows she can do both, and though it cost me 27 trips to the dictionary at that time, I was enriched with new vocab. Look, McIntyre made a kid's book, pure and simple. It's no use comparing it to other works of material, like Echani to Mandalorians.

11. Asyr Handor

Asyr Handor Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 1999

<shudders>

12. Mandalorian-Jedi

Mandalorian-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2005
    Praise Waru, for he is great.

13. Jamez

Jamez Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2005
    [face_laugh] Tryin' to turn the good ones, are ya? ;)

14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Waru *is* great.

We have a 60 member religion and everything over here

The Church of Waru

See!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.