Indi, IN Just FYI

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Incom4, Feb 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Incom4 Jedi Master

star 4
  2. Club_333 CR Indy Knights Indianapolis, IN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    do we not post enough?
  3. Incom4 Jedi Master

star 4
    TF.N might be shutting down the boards just giving the offcial forums address again.
  4. Jedi_Dad-1138 Jedi Master

star 2
    Let them. I think we are far better off without them anyway.
  5. zuckuss1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    it seems that now the worst is over, though that dosent mean it still couldent happen :(
  6. Jorg_Sacul_from_C3 Jedi Knight

star 1
    The more boards they shut down, the more fans will slip through their fingers.
  7. EMERALD_GREENE Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually, I think Zuck is wrong & it's just the tip of the iceberg...
  8. zuckuss1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    well he gave colors back to those demoted and then demoted himself, so he is easing up a bit from the other night
  9. Stormtrooper_fan Force Ghost

star 5
    He demoted himself because of an attempted hack on his account, sure puts your faith in the security of this place and where he was going to store all the personal details huh?

He's got his colours back now and the mods who were demoted are STILL demoted they were just given VIP status.

It's a joke and complete bad management!
  10. Jorg_Sacul_from_C3 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ok, remember, it's his party. I've been reading all kinds of hateful things about the man because he made a decision, and people wouldn't comply with it. People getting all bent out of shape because they've had colors taken from their name, and other NOT REALLY AFFECTING REAL LIFE things.

I'm seeing this from the outside, apparently, in a (and this will amaze Darth Jurist ;) ) non-argumentative point of view.

Reflect on the following questions, and then see if your anger at Mr. Wise is truly justified:

Is what you do on this board something that promotes peace in the world?

Does it feed the hungry?

Does it cure disease, or comfort the dying?

Does it protect the environment?

Does it educate the young?

Does it stop domestic violence?

Does it do anything that is tangeable?

Does it cause you to spend more quality time with your family or friends?

Does it seem like you don't know people's real names, just their avatars?

Now, can you say honestly, is all this anger justified? If what Phil is doing regarding this forum is the worst, most devastating thing going on in your life, I am TRULY ENVIOUS of you.

11. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    It's his place and his right, and I had no problem with it...but if it's not one thing, it's another, it's been that way since I first joined this site, and it's all just too redundant for me to be concerned with.
  12. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Reflect on the following questions, and then see if your anger at Mr. Wise is truly justified
    Very good point Jorg_Sacul_from_C3! And I'm sure if Darth Jurist could hear you say that...she'd be proud of you as I am ;)

While those are all very good points, and should serve as a reality check to most of the "viva la revolution" hot-heads out there, there are still 2 very good reason why I felt the only honorable thing to do was resign as RSA:

1) You asked is all this anger justified? Not to the extent it has spread...but this situation has created the very real possibility that I'd lose touch with many people I have come to consider friends. And that IS something worth getting angry over. I've had the chance to get to know a few of ya...and look forward to the chance at meeting many of you (for the 1st time) in person at C3!

2) It has been said that "it's his website to do what he wants" and that is true! But the manner in which the mods were ORDERED (as Grilled Sarlacc said...there would be "no comprimise") to submit everything about me...to a website that does marketing research, and is part of a upcoming financial project of TFN. I'm nobody's lab-rat!

He's got his colours back now and the mods who were demoted are STILL demoted they were just given VIP status.
    I don't know his story...but I do know I have been offered a chance to reconsider my resignation (voluntary) as RSA Midwest. But until I get some direct answers to some important points I brought up...I'll consider my VIP status "day-to-day" at best.

There's alot of talk going around, as Sebulba knows...whatever happens, I want IK to know the The Jedi Knights of Cleveland want to keep the lines of communication open with you guys!
  13. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    "whatever happens, I want IK to know the The Jedi Knights of Cleveland want to keep the lines of communication open with you guys!"

The lines are always open...the phone company is up for grabs, but we'll stay close to the antenna to get a good connection. ;)

And now, a somewhat appropriate song....

All these cats with holey jeans, dirty hair and t**** rings,
    Say what your scene man, we got these questions.
    Is it true that you have sold your soul? I say hey man, I don't know
    Lend me a quarter won't you, I'll call my accountant.

Let's get off this, and get on with it,
    If you wanna change the world shut your mouth and start to spin it
    Get off this, get on with it
    If you wanna change the world shut your mouth and start this minute

Petty little Ayatollah come around to judge and stone ya
    all we're trying to do is make a fortune
    Yeah we ain't got no government loans, and no one sends a check from home
    And get this: we're just doin' what we wanna

Well the guitar player stayin' out in Hollywood and sayin'
    He's just trying' to get some sleep, but everyone's complain'
    Are you truly deeply cynical 'cause boy you know I loved you so
    When no one knew your name and you were pompous. (Still are!)

14. Jorg_Sacul_from_C3 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I fully support anyone's decision NOT to participate in an invasive marketing questionnaire in order to keep a totally voluntary fan-board position. That much data release isn't really justified if all he wants is real-life names and contact information of Mods.

I can see the Mods POV on this-- but from what I've read on these boards, some of the more vocal reactions were wa-a-a-ay over the line.

I perceive that there is a lack of communication between Phil and the Mods. Once this is eliminated, I'm sure things will be better for both sides (although, there shouldn't be 'sides', should there).

As I've stated elsewhere, there are three viable options.

1) It's Phil's baby, live with his rules
    2) Buy him out
    3) Start your own boards elsewhere

Looking at what there is here, I'd opt for #1 as most viable, and keep a good thing alive. Work with the man, but don't give up your standards, either. All can co-exist.

Let's work together to end this destructive conflict (that's catchy, I like that).

15. Stormtrooper_fan Force Ghost

star 5
    The personal attacks were way over the top and completely nonconstructive.

Yes, this is Phil's baby but putting personal information in jeopardy isn't called for and neither was demoting people not comfortable with giving up that information without making it clear a) why he wants the information and b) what he intends to do with it once he has gotten it.

This entire problem has been blown out of all proportion by the more drama inclined members and speculation in Communications hasn't helped. At the end of the day it's between Phil Wise and the Mods who kindly give up their time to do what they do and really, that's the way it should have stayed imho.
  16. JediJeff13 Jedi Master

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.