main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Just got an X-box. Suggestions

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by pat-fett, Jun 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    I just got a X-box the other day and wanted some suggestions on some good games.I have my eye on Jet Set Radio Future. Also I read the Morrowwind thread and it looks interesting. Any other good games I should check out?

I alreay have Halo and DOA3. I'm loving DOA3. I haven't played a good fighter in some years and forgot how much fun these gams are.

2. Boutros-Boutros

Boutros-Boutros Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2001
    I'm currently enjoying Morrowind on my Xbox quite a bit, but if you have a computer that can run it well, you'd do better to run it on the PC so you can download official (and unofficial) plugins and the upcoming patch.

If you like racing games I'd suggest Project Gotham Racing or Rallisport challenge, both are fun. PGR has a bit longer single player lifespan, but can be rather frustrating at times due to its difficulty. I've heard good things about Hunter: The Reckoning and JSRF, but haven't played either, and I've heard that Hunter isn't terribly long.

3. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    The problem with getting Morrowing for the PC is I don't think my graphic card will run it. I have a geforce2MX400 and have read that the game does not run well on these cards. With the X-box at least I know it will run.

4. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    Don't just keep your eye on JSRF---pick it up. Whether you played and loved the first one on Dreamcast (as I did), or you will be experiencing the series for the 1st time with JSRF, you cannot go wrong. I'd suggest Fuzion Frenzy if you can get a regular 4 people together. If you are a sports fan, then you are in luck as well, as both the Sega Sports and EA Sports lines are all on the Xbox. Blood Wake is a decent game, although I had issues with the gameplay. I still have not gotten a chance to try Hunter: The Reckoning out. DarksiderGeorge, who is a member on these boards as well, has played it. I will PM him and hopefully he will come to this thread and give a brief review of it.

5. tenorjedi

tenorjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2000
    My Hunter Review

I loved hunter. It kicks Guantlet and RE's arses. If you don't want to buy it, at least rent it. It's a load of fun.

If you have any sort of attention span and like open ended gaming (where they don't beat you with a stick to follow their game) go for Morrowind. There so much you can do it makes GTA3 look like a linear game (which it kinda is anyway) This game really does reward your imagination, and you can literally solve each puzzle, quest or problem dozens of ways and the game will change accordingly. Just realize there's no quick way to get rich in the standard game and you'll love it. Just cause you steal a soulgem worth 60K doesn't mean someone has the cash to buy it (it would take the challenge out of the game anyway). If you want to play the game without cheats and are afraid you might break down when you hit a wall, go for the Xbox version. It tends to be more stable than PC and the time you spend on the game is better suited for a recliner than a computer chair. If you want to cheat or if you've got a kick arse PC and the patience not to cheat (I think it would take the same amount of self control as waiting till 2005 to see all three prequels IMO) then go for the PC.

Those two will keep you occupied for along time. Project Gotham is one of the best racing games out there IMO aside from the difficulty, especially trying to get gold on Kudos. You've already got DOA3 and Halo so those are the best I've seen. By the time you've played those to death KOTOR and Jedi Outcast will be out along with about 100 other titles.

6. arabiansanchez

arabiansanchez Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2001
    My advice: sit tight.

Xbox is good enough but it can only get better. Raven looks like being the best game on the system,IMO, though it is not due out for a very long time.

7. portman_is_so_fine

portman_is_so_fine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    am i the only person that hates JSRF? gosh i thought that game was awful

8. DarksiderGeorge

DarksiderGeorge Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 29, 2002
    As requested, Jirin, the Darksider is here... It appears that the Hunter review that was posted by tenorjedi was very accurate, good job!!! My personal opinion on the game is that it receives a score of 3.5 out 5. It reminded me alot of Gauntlet. The game is much more fun if played by 3 or 4 characters. Their powers complement each other well. Its a solid title, just not one that I have to do backflips over to play. Now, if you guys wanna talk about Star Wars Galaxies, then you are talking about true gaming addiction!!! :D

9. Darth_Simpson

Darth_Simpson Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    I'd go for Rallisport Challenge, if you like racing games. Excellent entertainment.

10. Jedi_Leader

Jedi_Leader Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2001
    NHL HITZ 20-02 & Arctic Thunder are great games too.

Nothing beats the look of DOA3, especially if you have the expansion disk with the additional costumes!!

11. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    Thanks everyone. You've given me a lot of good feed back. tenor you really made Morrowind sound inticing(SP?). I think I'll go for the Box version. Rather be safe than sorry. Plus I really don't need all the extra plugins the PC version has.

Jedi-Leader where can I get this DOA3 expansion?

12. DUM-4

DUM-4 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 1999
    I know the last 2 issues of the Official X-Box Magazine had the DOA3 Expansion on the Disc.

Speaking of DOA, has anyone else seen the video for DOA Extreme Beach Volleyball. :)

13. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    Thanks I'll have check that out.

14. KielCharny

KielCharny Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2002
    Just got an X-box. Suggestions

Trade it in for a GameCube....:)

15. DUM-4

Nov 19, 1999
    That would be a suggestion, albeit a bad one.

16. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    Thanks but I already have one thank you. :p
    When GC and the X-box came out I knew I'd eventualy get both. I just wanted the price to drop on the X-box first.

17. Darth_Simpson

Darth_Simpson Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    Speaking of DOA, has anyone else seen the video for DOA Extreme Beach Volleyball.

[face_laugh]

That's all I have to say about that game.

18. DarthLuxor

DarthLuxor Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    Like someone said earlier if you like hockey NHL Hitz is incredible.

I have:

Halo-Don't care for as much as everybody else

DOA3-Awesome with the S controller, impossible with the original controller

NHL Hitz-Fast and Furious

NHl Live-Like playing in quick sand after Hitz

New Legends-Forgettable

Obi-Wan-Forgettable

19. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    Any thoughts on Obi-Wan. I've heard mixed reviews. The graphics look crappy for a X-box game,but what about gameplay?

20. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    I have some cash handy to get another game. I going to Morrowind or JSR. Although Outlaw golf has caught my Eye but I think I'll give it a rent first.

21. tenorjedi

tenorjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2000
    All 5 copies of Outlaw golf has been rented since it came out at blockbuster. Either it kicks arse or it caught alot of peoples eyes. I know it's not for everyone but Morrowind is really awsome.

22. trav571

trav571 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 20, 2002
    X Box sucks get a gamecube

23. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Welcome. And stop saying "x-box sucks". You'll encourage flaming, which is not allowed here. Let's hear WHY you don't like the x-box, if you're so adamant about its lack of merit.

24. DUM-4

Nov 19, 1999
    From locked thread:

trav571 :"What do you think is better. Gamecubes got more star wars games and its games r better. X Box Sucks. It should have never became a system. It should only be Nintendo and Sony not microsoft"

Ummm, there's only 1 SW game for the GCN and 3 for the X-Box. Where'd you learn how to count?

25. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    [image=http://www.cerious.com/ashley/images/baby.jpg]

"X Box sucks get a gamecube!"

Whatever you say junior. Have a cookie while you wait for some games to show up. ;) :p Or maybe ask mommy to buy you two systems so you don't have to wait for some decent games to play. :p

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.