Just got an X-box. Suggestions

Discussion in 'Games' started by pat-fett, Jun 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_Squad_Leader- Force Ghost

star 4
    ok there are some awsome games coming out for instance "conflict desert storm" where u can be either delta force or else englands SAS there is Rainbow Six III raven shield, then later ghost recon- then also weve got jedi outcast coming out and knight of the old republic

but for games that are out now max payne is fun if u like shooters and if u like rpg and multiplayers get gauntlet if you like sports get knockout kings
  2. trav571 Jedi Knight

star 1
  3. trav571 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Theres one stw game on x box the others just copy ps2 and 2 new star wars games r on gc and they come out in 2 mounths jack a**
  4. pat-fett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well Trav if you read the thread instead of just bashing something you have no clue about you'd see that I already have a Cube. Both are great in thier own ways. I decided to get Morrowind.
  5. trav571 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I wasn't yelling at u
  6. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    You're new here. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Read the terms of service.

Then in a day or two when you've cooled off, send in an unban request, and I'll take it from there.

7. Theedage Jedi Master

star 4

Kid: So I just got an X-Box what should I do now?

Intelligent Kid: Burn it.

Genius Kid: What possessed you to buy one in the first place?

Kid: Everyone said it was new and great.

Genius Kid: Burn it.
  8. pat-fett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    No,but you did make this comment "X-box sucks get a gamecube" Also you are tring to turn my thread into another dime a dozen my console is better than X console thread. When all I wanted was some honest opinions about what X-box games are good and which to avoid.
  9. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Trav's on a break, Pat.

What is with that name? ;)
  10. pat-fett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    lol I had the same thought. ;)
  11. DUM-4 Jedi Knight

star 3
    "and 2 new star wars games r on gc and they come out in 2 mounths jack a**"

Well which is it? Are they out now, or in 2 mounths?

And just FYI, I own all 3 of the newest consoles. I just think it's stupid for people to say one is great and everything else sucks. Do people think that if they say that then people are just going to say to themselves "Well I guess you're right. It must suck because you say so and everyone must think like you."
  12. pat-fett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Thank you. I too own all three as well. They all have thier pros and cons. Bottom line they all have great games to be played. It's just a matter of taste as to which one you want. For me each one has something to offer as a gamer.
  13. TheWampas1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    First off, never believe anyone whose criticism comes down to "sucks." There are people who judge quality purely in terms of binary, "awesome" (that's usually their word of choice, or of course the always popular "It rules!") and "sucks" (or its variant of the exhale variety). You should always discount their opinions. Take for example the epic Star Wars versus Star Trek debate. I love Star Wars, and I'm not a big fan of Star Trek. But it's a decent show, and obviously to have that many fans, it can't completely suck. I don't like Survivor either, never watched it and don't intend to, but it doesn't suck, it's just not something I like. I've said this in other posts, but I'll say it again, none of the systems suck. They're all good, but each comes with a set of pros and cons. The X-box currently suffers from a smaller library to the PS2, but it isn't without good games. I don't play sports games often (NFL Fever is pretty good), or Tony Hawk type games, or fighting games (though I did buy DOA3, and if you're into fighting games, I recommend it). So with my limitations as a reviewer in mind, I'd like to recommend:

Morrowind, but you said you already bought that.

Halo - It's especially good in co-op mode with a friend, or grab some extra controllers (or an extra X-box and TV) and have a big multiplayer session.

Hunter: The Reckoning - If you like gauntlet and zombie killing, it's a good game. Again, it's more fun with friends.

Project Gotham Racing - It's not as good as Gran Tourismo, and definitely has less cars and customization, but it's a decent, if not sometimes difficult arcade racer.

Oddword - It's not my thing, in fact I only rented it, but I'm not a platformer type guy. If nothing else, rent it and you'll probably finish it before it's due back.

Spiderman - If you're going to buy it for any system, buy it for X-box for the extra villain and level.

Future releases - Obviously Project Ego if you like RPGs, and Knights of the Old Republic of course. If you like mechs, there are seven mech games coming out, including Robotech. Plus the X-box's Superman game actually looks good. And if you haven't already played it on PS2, I'd recommend Metal Gear Solid: Substance.

I hope this helps. If nothing else, maybe it proves we're not all two dimensional.
  14. pat-fett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Your opinons are welcome Wampa. What you said is so true.

I haven't got Morrowind yet. I went to BestBuy today because I had a coupon and they were sold out but said they should have more in tomorrow.
    Project Ego does look good. That whole aging factor looks interesting. SW:KOTR is looking great as well. I loved BG2 and if it plays like that game I'm in for a treat as a SW fan.
  15. Twink_Kee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'll also recommend Project Gotham, though gaining stunt kudos are kinda hard.
  16. tenorjedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    You should at least check out Project Gotham. It does have less cars, but it's graphics are much better than grand turismo and the downloadable, customizable tracks finally gives you the option to listen to your type of music while playing a racer, not what some designer thought was hip when the game was made.
  17. Twink_Kee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    "but it's graphics are much better than grand turismo and the downloadable, customizable tracks finally gives you the option to listen to your type of music while playing a racer,

Two outstanding reasons right there. Sometimes, on the replays, you would almost think that you're looking at real cars. I know that "it looks real" is an overused cliche in a lot of next gen games, but in this case it is true.

Also, the "create your own soundtrack" option is one of the best reasons to own an X-box, and I wish more games would support it (since it it fairly easy to implement). On Gotham, your songs are mixed right in with the radio djs and stations, so it sounds like they're playing your own tunes by request.

To clarify, in case your'e not familiar with the xbox, you can stick one of your music CDs in it, and rip mp3 tracks of your choosing. It is then stored on a tracklist on the box's sizeable hard drive (another xbox plus).
  18. Jirin_Raman Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for the save, jp-30. For awhile there, it looked like a good thread for us Xbox owners/gamers was going to turn into yet another "PS2 Roolez" thread. Thanks for not allowing that.
  19. Jirin_Raman Jedi Master

star 4
    Also, the "create your own soundtrack" option is one of the best reasons to own an X-box, and I wish more games would support it (since it it fairly easy to implement)

I can't think of any better way to say that, Twink_Kee. Well spoken. There is no reason that more of the Xbox games shouldn't have the capability to do the custom soundtrack feature. One such game I thought should have utilized this feature was WWF Raw. Legends of Wrestling, while not the best wrestling game (Neither is Raw), took the time to put this option into their game. Hats off to them.

20. Twink_Kee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    This may sound crazy, but when "Obi-Wan" was released I had wished that it would have the customizable soundtrack feature. Not that I wanted to completely replace the great John William's work, but some of the music got repetive after while in the way it was used. I wanted to mix it with some of William's other work, "Visitor in San Diego" from "The Lost World". And, when the AOTC soundtrack was released, it would've been cool to have "The Corsucant Chase" music in there of my own accord.

Now, as far as "Obi-Wan" goes, it may not get high marks. The graphics are not indicative of the xbox's power. But overall, with the amount of control you are given over a Jedi with the xbox controller (particularly using the lightsaber and the Force), I thought the game was fun (though the voice actor had to have the worst Obi-Wan impersonation ever). Just IMO.
  21. DarksiderGeorge Jedi Knight

star 2
    Jirin, you will happy to know that RAW 2 will feature some SOLID features, finally. One of those being a customizable soundtrack. It should be out by this Christmas. I am really burned out on crappy wrestling games, so Im not really pumped. This new incarnation could be promising.
  22. Jirin_Raman Jedi Master

star 4
    As you already know, DSGeorge, I always keep my expectations way low when it comes to alot of things. When it comes to wrestling these past years, they are WAAAAY low. I read the E3 reports about Raw 2, and they sound great. However, I fear they will fail yet again, where the Fire Pro and Virtua Pro/No Mercy engines have succeeded so many times. Only a playtest will tell, my friend.
  23. Twink_Kee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    "However, I fear they will fail yet again, where the Fire Pro and Virtua Pro/No Mercy engines have succeeded so many times."

I still don't see why they can't go back to that structure. IMO, "No Mercy" is still the best American wrestling game to date, despite the advances in technology. It's not like they were limited to that in the first place with the N64, but it was just the best way to go. The limits came with graphics and sound. Now, they don't have those limits, but the gameplay has slipped.
  24. Jirin_Raman Jedi Master

star 4
    I agree. It is funny how when we are presented with a newer, better looking game, we often take it as "better". I still have my N64 solely for the reason that I still play No Mercy. Fire Pro Wrestling D is my favorite installment of the Fire Pro Wrestling games, and, while many gamers shun it because it doesn't have the next-gen graphics, it is one of the best wrestling engines there is, PERIOD. Raw may have had the best presentation there is in terms of lighting, sound, fog effects, and wrestler design, but the engine just wasn't what it could have been. Wrestlemania X8 for the Gamecube was just plain horrible. I thought I was playing Smackdown, just with a different name. Ugh.
  25. tenorjedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The set-up was perfect IMO. Raw was the closest I've seen come to the N64 wrestling games. The worst was the PS1/2 incarnate that came out. That was a button masher suckfest and a half.
    BTW not a wrestling fan, I just liked the N64 games.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.