main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon just got back from the FCBD at Tonys

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jimsidious, May 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimsidious

jimsidious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 23, 2002

WOW what a good trip man, I had a blast out there, me and my fiance Autumn showed and were there for damn near 2 hours, every one was uber cool, Tony had real good info for me and a couple of mandies took me for ransom lol, I got some awesome pix im gonna try to get posted up here very soon.... and I spoke with alan about crashin the wedding and its a possibility :-B that would be rad!!!! well I was really lookin forward to runnin into some one I even told Autumn that chances were pretty good that we would see Eric or Bill, but maybe next time fellas ;)

2. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    Tony's Kingdom of Comics is a very cool shop with a very cool owner. He throws an excellent FCBD and has lots of very cool guests. 501st Cloud City Garrison and Rebel Legion memebers support Tony and he's a Jedi also.

Glad you guys had a good time for FCBD at Tony's. Sorry wasn't able to go down there. I did troop some of the Things From Another World stores in Ptown and Cosmic Monkey Comics store in Ptown where I met GIJOE Chuckles (Aramys/Bill). Picked up some free comics, Talked and trooped for a few pics then it was off to my parents place for gathering. Good times.

-Eric

3. jimsidious

Jul 23, 2002
    oh cool, so there were other places to??? man I was bummed I missed Darth Revan at tonys I guess I got there to late but I did get to see a cool biker scout and got the two MANDIES TO POSE NEXT TO MY CAR (I have the mythosaur on the back window :D)
    Im still tryin to figure out how to get my photos to post [face_frustrated]
    I also got to see chewie and the Adm himself... akbar, that was pretty cool not to mention Mara Jade and Leia, and one awesome lookin sith gal!!! she was awesome

4. Blue_Banshee_Leader

Blue_Banshee_Leader Jedi Youngling

Oct 13, 2009
    It sounds like the event went over quite well. I wish I could have made it but unfortunately I hadn't finished the modifications to my B-wing outfit yet. Ah well.

5. jimsidious

Jul 23, 2002
    that woulda been cool to see, theres always the next time ;)

6. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    When it comes to Free Comic Book Day, I always troop Cosmic Monkey. Since I am on the outs with every Star Wars costumer club in the local area, I don't encroach on their turf. This is why I do Cosmic Monkey.

I recently started a GI JOE costume club, so it is keeping me pretty busy. Don't get me wrong, I love Star wars and the costuming is in my blood, but I am done with petty club politics. I've been burned by every club that I've every tried to support and after awhile I just grow tired of being underappreciated. So this is why I don't do Star Wars costuming, unless it is a special favor to someone.

If you still want the Mando to crash your wedding, I will gladly do it, bro! Otherwise.... Yo JOE! ;-)

- Bill

7. jimsidious

Jul 23, 2002
    hey thanks man... I didnt know you had a beef with the other clubs, I was gunna have you come crash along with the fellas that show thru cloud city garrison.... I dont need a brawl bustin loose at my wedding!!! "no blasters, no blasters!!!" LOL actually there very well could be a mosh pit and a fight would prolly be expected at my wedding lmao ;) Im a scoundrel til the day i die lol

8. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    Well, it really comes down to miscommunication and people assuming they know the full scoop when they don't even have a clue. The last situation ended up with me coming back from retirement, stating that i was doing so in a limited capacity. I stated that I had some issues with certain people and chose not to work with them - which I thought was actually being responsible on my part. I also stated that I was working on my own project, that project being the creation of the GI JOE ( A Real American Hero) COSTUME CLUB.

So, I made these comments and soon, thereafter I was forciblyretired from the Mandos. All because a recruit (to be read as a NON-MEMBER)got burnt at what I said. He assumed that I was trash-talking his group, when in fact I was really referring to a couple of members of my own club that reside up North.

So rather than asking me for clarification, he chose to pop off to a certain Star Wars club CO (who I shall remain nameless), who then sent a nasty gram to the Founder of the Mercs. The nasty gram was basically put that if I came back to the Mercs then it would cause harm to the peaceful co-existance for their group and the Mercs. So, without even so much as getting my side of the story, I was retired at the word of some guy who thought he knew what he was talking about.

Now, I am knee deep in my JOE club. As you can see I don't have much time for anything else. I still break out the Mando for special occasions. In fact some things have been smoothed over with the Mercs that they will actually let me back in... provided that I subject myself to be treated like I am an ex-convict who is on parole. Sometimes this hobby just isn't worth the aggravation. It certainly isn't worth all the petty nonsense that goes with it. People forget that we are nerds who play dress up... their positions within the club isn't real power. They really need to get over themselves.

I can say this, though. As a result of this situation, certain people whom I considered friends are no longer friends.

But I digress. If you need the Mando, let me know!

- Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.