main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

just got "Rogue Squadron" - AWESOME!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Spacehunter24, May 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Y-wing

Master_Y-wing Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Game Shark? Your supposed to get a gold on every single level. God, I loved that game. I could get to the Correlia mission and fail. All the time. And then I used cheats...so very sad... :( but still Assault on Kile II is da best LEVEL OF ALL TIME!! aw man... *drools*

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    The hardest mission to get Gold on for me is the Mon Calamari one. The cluster seeker missiles really hurt your accuracy sometimes.

3. bliv

bliv Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 23, 2002
    The seeking cluster missiles are awesome on 'Ambush at Mos Eisley'. You can get mission times of under 40 seconds quite easily.

4. Lanky

Lanky Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Oh, I about threw my controller into the TV with "Assault on Kile II." Damn, I was cursing like crazy. I was so frikkin' confused and frustrated it wasn't funny. I must have gone down every circular and dead-end canyon there was before finally finding that damn spaceport. When I finally beat the damn thing, it said I had spent 19 minutes playing that level. Geez!!

I remember being like that the first time I played the level. Now it's one of my favourites.

5. DARTH-PLONKER

DARTH-PLONKER Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 23, 2003
    After a while you learn how to find it.
    Escape from Fest-the snow level with the ATPTs was an entirely different matter.

6. bliv

bliv Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 23, 2002
    I really don't see what is hard about Escape from Fest. If you can shoot properly and take down the walkers first time there are no problems.

7. Crix-Madine

Crix-Madine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2000
    For Gold, that level isnt the easiest.

As for the sounds Artoo makes over the sandpeople, it's not actually sandpeople. It's an escape pod and a bunch of sandtroopers. It's an inflight joke between "Artoo" and "Luke", making a reference to ANH.

Programmers humor, I love it.

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    What makes Escape From Fest so difficult is that if you don't know that you can ignore the attacking units near the power generator (with exception to the turbolasers and AT-AT), then there is no way you'll be able to take down the walkers before the AT-PT's are destroyed.

Once you discover this fact, then the level becomes several degrees easier.

9. Antilles2001

Antilles2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 20, 2001
    Oh Great, now I can't stop playing RS. my GameCube is starting to collect dust...

10. Master_Y-wing

Master_Y-wing Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Yeah, I started playing it I can't give it up. But the AT-ST two player level is awesome. Y'know, when you go into the passcodes option and type in CHICKEN ? Really fun.

11. DARTH-PLONKER

Apr 23, 2003
    It's really hard to aim in that level.

12. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Escape from Fest is actually one of the easiest levels for me. There is a precise pattern that I go through each time I play the level, and I never have any troubles with it.

First things first, fly over the ridge and destroy the turbolasers and shield generator. Then fly to the wall and destroy the shield generator there. Go towards the AT-AT, and take a few pot shots at the stormtroopers to get your kill count up. Knock down the AT-AT, then fly back and kill the AT-AT near the shield generator. By the time this AT-AT is down, the tanks start appearing, so kill a few of those, then go down the canyon and kill the remaining turbolasers. Destroy the AT-AT, then kill all of the tanks that show up. Once they're gone, kill the 4 TIE bombers, then go mop up in the area on the other side of the canyon, not forgetting the bonus high on the ridge.

13. DARTH-PLONKER

Apr 23, 2003
    Escape from Fest has cool cutscenes.

14. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
  15. LordSilvertouch

LordSilvertouch Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2003
    I love Strike at the Core. Defending the Falcon is pretty easy once you get into it. And i love the challenge of trying to do it in the Falcon itself. I've neevr actually completed it with it.

I love it.

The hardest part for RS for me was the Fest level. The AT-PT's always got shot down.

16. Lanky

Lanky Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Everyone has a rythym for Fest. All you have to do is find it and the level's a breeze.

17. Shadowknight1

Shadowknight1 Jedi Master star 6

Jun 8, 2003
    The original Rogue Squadron is awesome! Sometimes I'd take my ship over Mos Eisley and start ripping the place apart. The only thing I didn't like about it was whenever you picked the Millennium Falcon and Luke would say, "These quad guns really pack a punch!" or "Chewie's not gonna be happy."

Oh, LS, in RL, the Millennium Falcon's the only way I can beat Strike at the Core. :p

18. alpha_red

alpha_red Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 24, 2003
    Idea for the next Rogue Squadron game...

Take a cue from The Wind Waker. Remember how they released the Ocarina of Time Master Quest as a pre-order thing, and now they're doing it with Rebel Strike? Continue the trend. Only this time, the offering should be...

A graphically revamped version of the original Rogue Squadron for GCN using the Rebel Strike engine. Minus the dumbly constructed Hoth and Death Star levels.

As for Strike at the Core, I loved it. It was the first mission I got a gold on, and I managed it on my second run through it. RSII was the shizznit. Rebel Strike is good, but it'd feel better if everything wasn't a rehash. The original Rogue Squadron was an original story. Then for Rogue Leader, they went to a movie focus, and they did the same for Rebel Strike. I hope RS4 will go back to the EU. Thrawn campaigns, NJO--the possibilities are endless.

19. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Deaddack and igiveup are your friends. ;)

20. LordSilvertouch

Apr 19, 2003
    LOL Me too!

I agree that Rebel Strike is a rehash in some ways but playing sequences from the movies is pretty cool, and the only level that's been done before is Hoth (which now has different gameplay sections).

I mean the wedge campaign is totally made up.

I guess you're right in the inability to use too much imagination for the games.

Hehehehe man it took me some time to get used to Fest. Great level though. I always got up to the bit where the AT-PT's are going through that canyon like place and the bombers attack.

Then i sort of fail a bit.

Oh well.

I just got a gold on Strike at the Core today!

21. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    The bombers aren't that tough to deal with on Fest. Just approach them head-on and swat them from the sky.

22. Fettster

Fettster Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 7, 2003
    I need maybe three golds still on RS1. And I haven't gotten past a little after Hoth on RSII yet.

The ones I need are Fest, Sullust, and the Wedge rescue on Kessel one. I think.

23. LordSilvertouch

Apr 19, 2003
    Really? I found the Prisons of Kessel level much harder than the rescue mission on Kessel. Oh well.

Yeah. Sullust is a pain in the a$$.

24. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    The Wedge rescue mission isn't that hard either. Just ignore the train for a while and take out the gun turrets, AT-STs and the random TIEs flying around.

25. Fettster

Fettster Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 7, 2003
    Oh, wow. I just turned the game back on, and realized I was thinking my first save file, that got deleted. This one needs Gerrard V, the Construction Yards, Kile II, both Kessels, Fest, and Sullust to have all golds.
    Stang. I have silver on them all, though. And the rank "Supreme Allied Commander", which I thought you only got after getting all golds?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.