main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

just got to Star by Star...is there a reason to go on? (Spoilers..err.sorta)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Blithe, Sep 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blithe

Blithe Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2003
    hello everyone,
    As the title said, I have just made it to Star by Star in the NJO. Well, I got there a few days ago actually, prob close to a week. But I have yet to touch it, why? well I was spoiled a long time ago about Anakin Solo's death.(Kinda hard to miss when it was on a Title of a Topic!) I have heard many good things about Star by star but I just dont have the motivation to read it. I mean, is there anything to look foward to after Anakins dead? Granted i dont have the highest opinion of any of the Solo children but the stupid stuff Anakin does throws some action into the story with a otherwise Bland Luke, Annoying Mara, and Miss PMS herself..( You know who i'm talking about...) The only reason I even want to continue to read is because of Kyp mostly, His Story to me is the most intriguing out of everyone. I have a good Idea of this because Dark Journey was the first NJO book i read.( Dont ask why...)

ok, enough rant, Is there anything real good to look foward too after anakins death?

sorry if I'm not clear,
    Blithe,

2. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Yes. There is a reason to go on. Allston and Williams are pretty good reasons, Stover's a great reason, and Keyes is quite another good reason for another reason altogether.

3. JoruusCbaoth

JoruusCbaoth Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2003
    Agreed, the battle for Coruscant makes finishing SbS worthwhile, as I was spoiled about Anakin's death long before reading it too. Some of the best books of the set are post-SbS, including the two Enemy Lines books by Allston, Traitor by Stover, which is one of my favorite SW books ever written, and DW, while it has some continuity errors, is still a fun read overall.

4. A-WingsRule

A-WingsRule Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    Yeah. Things get really down in SbS, but after that the New Republic's luck takes a turn for the better. They make some very useful advances soon involving the Yammosks, so things get a bit easier...

...plus you have Allston's great books, and Destiny's Way :D

~Clear skies

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    SBS has been one of my favorite novels in the EU, and I knew about Anakin's fate ahead of time as well. It's very emotional and worth reading and has the largest battle in the history of SW, very epic stuff.

And, with exception to Dark Journey and Force Heretic, the post-SBS novels have all been excellent.

6. Darth_Michael

Darth_Michael Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 24, 2002
    Hi Blithe

There're definitly the above reasons to read SbS and beyond. If you liked the Wraith books, you won't wanna miss EL. And Traitor is definitely worth a lot of trouble...

About SbS itself, as long as you don't know when Anakin get's it, it's still quite a thrill (I knew it in advance as well). If elsewise it has a couple really nice scenes. T. Denning is great author.

-dm

7. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Well, Borsk's action in SBS is rather grand even if he is a schmuck. ;)

8. JediknightMcCue

JediknightMcCue Jedi Youngling

Oct 16, 2002
    if you stop at star by star you wont get to read about a certain twin solo daughter that has a breif embrace with the darkside and the complete bashing of a huge and i mean huge Vong Armada :) :) also you wont get to read about the Galactic Alliance finding the planet Zommana (sorry for spelling) Sekot and last but not least by any means the Complete defeat of the Yuuzhan Vong Forces :):):):):)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.