main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Just had a thought...

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by craigrr, Apr 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    What's going to happen to this forum after next Sunday? Will it die out? Will everybody stop showing up? Man, it's gonna be like graduation or something. Oh well, I suppose we can be like seniors & keep coming back to talk about our experiences @ SWC2.

2. Grand Moff Joker

Grand Moff Joker Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1999
    I bet the Celebration 2 forums will be deleted altogether. TF.N seems to be trying to conserve space lately (for some unknown reason), so I bet these boards will simply cease to exist.

D'oh.

:(

3. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    No! We have no weapons! They can't possibly...

That'll suck if they delete the forum. Heck, if nothing else, it can serve as a place to start counting down to C3.

4. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    I've still got my forum home in Games and 2nd home in Music, but it will be kinda sad to probably never see a lot of these screen names around anymore :-\

5. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    I think, if anything, they should at least be left up until about a month or two after C:II for everyone to discuss their experiences.

6. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I'm sure this board will stay up for a while for everyone to discuss everything that went on.

7. vadersfist

vadersfist Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2001
    If you want to stay in touch with each other, you can go over to #SWCII on NewNet server, IRC and find out where everyone will be posting regularly. I'll keep the chat room up as long as anyone wants it.

8. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    THe Omaha Fan Force had some cards printed up so I'll just hand those out with my email on the back.

9. DEWGOD01

DEWGOD01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2002
    I have noticed that almost every single other forums I visit (i.e. Los Angeles and Orange County) on here have all but shriveled up and died. What will I have if they close out this part of the forums. What will I do to pass the nights away at work?

10. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    There is a Fanforce Community forum too. You could move your conversations there.

11. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    That would suck if they close this up, i'll have to slink back over to the Canada board.

12. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Well, hopefully I have some say in the matter, and I know I can try to bribe MysterySith, but you never know...

I would then propose to rename this whole forum region to "Fan Force Conventions". Next, leave this forum open indefinately, close the C2 FF Connections forum since it's really only has the party threads in it, and those conversations can be moved here once it happens. I'd probably then rename this forum as the C1-C2 discussion forum, plan ahead for the C3 forum (only needs to be one), and then create a Convention Misc forum for all the various conventions around the world. That's what I'd do, maybe I should take it up with the Hutts. ;)

13. Darth Maul 1277

Darth Maul 1277 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 16, 2000
    m<ybe they could start another board. One for everybody who attended or wish they would have. This is only if they decide to delete this board. Hopefully they'll keep it up as so many people enjoy this board and will miss coming here.

14. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    There's really no reason to delete this one. They can rename it, move the forum to a different region or sub-group, but there should be a place for people to talk about C2 without messing with the other forums.

15. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    No new boards will be created.

Seb-X pretty much hit the nail on the head.

This C2 forum will remain through out May and Maybe June. After than it will be moved to the Fanforce General and be renamed Conventions.

How does that sound?

16. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Sounds good to me. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.