main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN "Just hang on, we're almost there!"

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediToren, Jul 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    Well I haven't posted here for awhile now, but I dropped by to let you guys know that I will be moving to Nashville on Sunday, August 5th. I will start on Sunday and should be there by the end of the week. I am supposed to move into my new apartment in the 10th. I will be starting at Watkins Film School about a week or two after that.

Anyway I also wanted to discuss the SW Celebration 2. We dicussed it here a few months ago but now we have a definate date (Friday, May3rd-Sunday, May 5th) and we can plan it a little better. I used MapQuest's road trip planner to find out how far it is and other info. It's about 290 miles and about 5 hours according to MapQuest
    I am going to research lodging and come up with some possible locations and costs. I figure we can get one or more large motel/hotel rooms and share them or something. Most of them usually have several beds and a hide-a-bed in the couch.

I think we should plan two parties. One leaving Thursday, May 2nd, and a second group leaving Friday, and possibly a third group leaving Saturday.

Basically I need a head count. So please reply with the following info (only reply if you are going or can contribute in some way):
    1) Your name
    2) Vehicle you will have access to, how many people it will hold INCLUDING yourself (their needs to be seatbelts for everyone), the fuel mileage if you know it and tank capacity too, also cargo capacity, how much stuff can you put in that truck bed, trunk, etc. Also if you have Air Conditioning mention that too.
    3) Luggage, including costumes, props, droids, etc. that you will be bringing. Let's try to keep this down to one suitcase, two if you have some stormtrooper or vader armour.
    4) Which party you will be joining (Thursday, Friday, Saturday)
    5) When you need to leave Indianpolis and return to Nashville area.
    6) Any lodging, vehicle, food, etc. preferences.
    7) If you have a cell phone make sure you note that too.
    8) What days you will be at Celebration 2

I think each individual should be responsible for their own meals unless everyone wants to put their money togethor and order some pizzas or something.
    As far as lodging and gas money goes we can pool our funds.

Like I said I will come up with some figures for lodging and get some info on local resteraunts etc.

Things we need to know:
    1) Where is Celebration 2 being held (what building in Indianapolis)
    2) How much do passes cost? (1day, 2day, 3day, etc.)

2. JediToren

Mar 20, 2000
    I will begin by posting my info.

1) Name: Matt Pfingsten/Jedi Knight Toren Depor
    2) Vehicle: 1996 Dodge Neon, seats 5 including me, approx. 30 miles per gallon with a ten gallon tank, so I can make the trip there on one tank of gas, trunk will probably hold 2, maybe 3 (I will find out) full size suitcases and few smaller ones. Has good Air Conditioning, also a stereo with a casette deck and a Creative Labs NOMAD Jukebox 6GB MP3 player (and 3 sets of batteries for it)
    3) Luggage: 1 full size suitcase including my Jedi Costume. Boots will take extra room outside of suitcase, but could be carried inside passenger compartment.
    4) Which party: Friday night
    5) Leave Indianapolis on Sunday night
    6) Lodging: as long as their is good plumbing, minimal bugs, and ac I will be happy.
    7) No cell phone.
    8) Saturday and Sunday at SW Celebration 2

3. JediToren

Mar 20, 2000
    Just found out that it's gonna be at the Indianapolis Convention Center and a 3 day pass at Denver Celebrationin April of 1999 were $34. I am also looking into hotels still, it's looking like it will be close to 100 bucks for 3 days per person. Most rooms I have found will hold an average of 5 people. I also found out that LFL(Lucas Film Limited) or WOTC (Wizards of the Coast) are blocking off several hotels near the convention center, probably for us fans (other conventions have done that before) and I guess we might be able to get a special rates. I also read that at Denver celebration once you bought your pass your name was thrown in a pool and you got whatever room they pulled out of the hat for you. Hopefully that won't be the case this time.
    One more thing, Indianapolis has more fast food resteraunts than any other city in the USA, so food shouldn't be a problem. I'm also finding out that in Denver the way they really did hotels was through a travel angency that LFL hired.

4. JediToren

Mar 20, 2000
    Bump
    I guess I should have used a better title for this thread.

5. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    1) Your name Dylan Kinney
    2) Vehicle you will have access to, how many people it will hold INCLUDING yourself (their needs to be seatbelts for everyone), the fuel mileage if you know it and tank capacity too, also cargo capacity, how much stuff can you put in that truck bed, trunk, etc. Also if you have Air Conditioning mention that too. 1992 Buick Regal, seats five (four comfortably), about 26 mpg on highways, and should be enough for four people's luggage. Has A/C.
    3) Luggage, including costumes, props, droids, etc. that you will be bringing. Let's try to keep this down to one suitcase, two if you have some stormtrooper or vader armour. Travelling light
    4) Which party you will be joining (Thursday, Friday, Saturday) Too soon to know what days I can take off
    5) When you need to leave Indianpolis and return to Nashville area. Too soon to know
    6) Any lodging, vehicle, food, etc. preferences. Parents' house in Muncie, IN
    7) If you have a cell phone make sure you note that too. Got one.
    8) What days you will be at Celebration 2 Too soon to know

6. JediToren

Mar 20, 2000
    Okay. I've moved in, I've registered for classes, and I start school on Monday. I think once we get the website up there ought to be a form for submitting celebration info. But for now, however, keep posting your info here.

7. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Welcome! What part of town are you living in?

8. padmeamidala55

padmeamidala55 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2001
    ya where are you livin Jedi thoren on Aug 31 at 11:00 Hama and I are meeting for lunch you are welcome to join we probably will meet at my building Andrew Johnson Tower and deceide where to go to eat for that. once again welcome to the broads

9. JediToren

Mar 20, 2000
    I am living at the Knolls apartments near Old Hickory and Nollensville.

10. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    I know about where that is -- I used to work in the Nolensville/Harding area.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.