main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Just how amazing is Lucas?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by dolphin, Jan 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    He is a wonderful storyteller. Everyone seems to focus on Star Wars as his great masterpiece but Indiana Jones is one of the top 4 FRANCHISES!!!!! (James Bond, SW and Batman being the others)

The Indiana Jones films made loads of money and the stories were great! Lucas is the Spielberg of storytelling IMO. I am actually looking forward to his post-Star Wars work.

Plus

Lucasfilm - forerunner in revolutionary films

ILM - forerunner in sfx

Skywalker Sound/THX - I don't know if these are two companies or one but they offer some of the best sound

LucasArts - StarWars games are still popular

Maybe in 2008(after dvd's) we'll see his first non-Star Wars project in awhile.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. Han_old_Buddy

Han_old_Buddy Jedi Youngling

Jan 7, 2002
    I have to totally agree with u GL is one of the great story tellers of all time. Not only capable of coming up with brilliant concepts but he is also capable of making these story's look magical on screen.

But i think with regards to Indiana Jones, u make it seem like people have totally forgotten about. Indiana Jones is an all time classic, although its a popular film its not as popular as star wars. Thats why sometimes Star wars seems to shadow over Indiana Jones. But u can't also forget that in recent times the main focus has been on the sw films because, they are either being remade or a new prequel is being produced. Whereas besides the Young Indy Series no Indy movies have been made since the 80's.

But i definately have to say the Indy movies are still very popular and are recognised amongst the public.

I also agree with u GL has definately been a driving force behind SFX in the movie industry

Thanks

Bye

3. Darth_Reign

Darth_Reign Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    You have to wonder if when Star Wars is finished and Indy 4 is out, whether Lucas will create something completely new for us and dazzle us all over again.

4. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Well, let's see... In 2005 Episode III will be out. He'll probably work on the archived editions and Episode III dvd in 2006 and release all of those by 2007. I would guess that in 2008 we'll finally see something developing or released.

He hasn't always struck gold. He has had projects that weren't big hits so we'll have to see.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  5. Vonn

Vonn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    Lucas is very amazing.

The thing is, I don't think he will be able to 'wow' us again unless he changes his style.

Lucas makes FUN movies without a doubt. In the 70's and 80's, that was great. But, now, at the movies, people don't seem to respect any film that is just for fun. That is why I don't think a new Indy film will be well received. An Indy would be just a fun film, and everyone would tear it apart. Nowadays, people expect action packed films to also have emotional scenes to make you cry, or have oscar moments, or bizarre camera tricks.

If a new Indiana Jones movie was made today, it would seem very 80's like, and that would immediately turn off people who always need to have their finger on the pulse of the latest trend.

Sorry that I'm just ranting, but so many people want the magic of 80's movies back even though an 80's movie is out of place with today's climate.

6. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    LOL, did you watch SNL last night?

"The Middle East is a mess, President Bush is talking about taxes, and I'm wearing these leg warmers... is it the 80's?"

I want 80's movies back!

7. Han_old_Buddy

Han_old_Buddy Jedi Youngling

Jan 7, 2002
    Although i would love to see GL produce an entirely brand new movie. It would be some years before he would be able to produce it because of Ep III and Indy commitments. The question is will be still have the interest to make movies and if so will he put the effort in to produce another SW.
    But with regards to he's style Lucas did have a style that somewhat reflected the 80's. But i have no doubt in my mind that if Lucas set he's mind to creating another movie it could be another classic, which would be popular to today's audiences. Because he knows how to not only tell a great story, but also make it look real which is the key to a great movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.