main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Just HOW close are Hoth, Anoat and Bespin

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Andrelious, Oct 4, 2012.

1. jedimikey

jedimikey Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 21, 2012
    Oh, the owner's manual also says the Falcon has a class ten backup hyperdrive, "which can be used to limp to the nearest spaceport".

2. WhiskeyGold

WhiskeyGold Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    we have no real idea how long it was. Also what is time, 24 hours in earth years, how long is a long time to them

3. Mnhay27

Mnhay27 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    The problem is that there was no attempt made to make it seem like any considerable amount of time had passed. For example, the entire time Luke is on Dagobah, he is wearing the same outfit. This subconsciously makes the viewer feel as if a short time has passed because most people tend to change their clothes at least a few times a week. Ditto with Han.

At the risk of being unpopular, I must admit that I kinda see this thread as people apologizing for an obvious plot hole. I mean, if the Falcon really had some kinda back-up Hyperdrive or capability to jump short distances or whatever, why do we never see them use it when trying to flee from near certain death at the hands of the Imperials? Surley that would have been the first thing they tried? Certainly preferable to attaching the ship to the side of a Star Destroyer! Not only do we not see it used, it's never even mentioned which essentially means that it didn't exist in the movie.

If I really sit and think about it, I also find the idea that a few weeks swinging on vines and levitating rocks in a swamp is suffcient enough training for Luke to go toe-to-toe with a Sith lord pretty hard to swallow. But then that's why I try not to think about this stuff - I wanna enjoy these movies for the rest of my life!

4. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Could be that it takes a long time to bring online- bringing it out of storage and installing it.