main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Just how good is OBI with the lightsaber????

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by InDookusDefense, Oct 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. effortless_skill

effortless_skill Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    correct,my jedi freind.

2. InDookusDefense

InDookusDefense Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 7, 2003
    I would not consider him a master either, but how come Yoda calls him Master Obi-won?? And so does Palps. Why would they be calling him that if it were not so?

3. effortless_skill

Mar 27, 2003
    when a jedi trains a padawan he is called a master .if kenobi did not have anakin as a padawan he would be only a jedi knight.its the "poltical" name to give when you have a padawan learner .obiwan has only been a knight for 10 yrs.it takes 25 yrs average, just to become a knight .so i would assume to become a master takes longer than 10yrs.Also mastering a form and being a Jedi Master are 2 different things.

4. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    In response to Dooku'sDefense,

the term "Master" and the term "Jedi Master" are different.

"Master" Obi-Wan is simply a polite form of address, like "sir" or "mister" or "madam" is in our galaxy.

"Jedi Master" is a title one attains at a certain point - it may be when one has a Padawan learner who becomes a Jedi Knight, but we have no documented proof on this either way.

5. LordIsurus

LordIsurus Jedi Master star 3

Jun 24, 1999
    Now I know he took out Maul, but it seemed like a little luck was involved, and we all know that Dooku defeated him rather easily.

In my universe, there is no such thing as luck, for starters. Secondly, he lost 'control', unknowingly tapping into what has been deemed the dark side, to execute a near perfect move on Maul. Twas like he was one with the Force, for a few moments. Not a Jedi trait, in the least.

Isurus the White

6. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    I really don't think we should underestimate Dooku's ability with a lightsabre either.

Although of advanced age, Dooku is massively experienced in the Force and has been able to develop his lightsabre skills over the best part of seven decades.

7. InDookusDefense

Oct 7, 2003
    "In my universe, there is no such thing as luck, for starters. Secondly, he lost 'control', unknowingly tapping into what has been deemed the dark side, to execute a near perfect move on Maul. Twas like he was one with the Force, for a few moments. Not a Jedi trait, in the least."

Ok, but what about the second part of what I said.

"I really don't think we should underestimate Dooku's ability with a lightsabre either. Although of advanced age, Dooku is massively experienced in the Force and has been able to develop his lightsabre skills over the best part of seven decades."

OHH, that is the proper response to what I said. Dooku's lightsaber ability is clearly superior to that of OBI-WAN. Obi is so lucky that Dooku did not chop him in half.

8. effortless_skill

Mar 27, 2003
    Dooku did not want to kill obiwan IMO.

9. InDookusDefense

Oct 7, 2003
    "Dooku did not want to kill obiwan IMO."

Maybe so, but he would have AT THAT MOMENT had Anakin not come to his rescue. He may not have wanted to kill them after he had disabled BOTH of them, because he knew he could take them as hostages. As someone pointed out, he is constantly moving between light and darkness, and is not pure evil.

10. effortless_skill

Mar 27, 2003
    i think that scene with anakin was more visual than anything.it was something to show anakin using the force.he tried to convert obiwan and to this day in the reublic series he is still trying.

11. InDookusDefense

Oct 7, 2003
    "he tried to convert obiwan and to this day in the reublic series he is still trying."

What are you talking about?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.