main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Just how involved is George in the EU?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Darth Xalfrea, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    There seems to be multiple points of view on this matter.

One may say that his insertion of Coruscant and other EU elements in the prequels are an indication that he is involved heavily. Not to mention his say-so's on certain story elements in EU prose (Anakin dying instead of Jacen, no more post ROTJ Wookie Jedi, Yuuzhan Vong being original villains instead of Proto-Sith, etc...)

But then we've got stuff like the TCW cartoon, and what may possibly come in Episode VII. Does that mean he doesn't give two siths about the EU?

Continuity is a lie, there is only Word of Lucas
    Through Word of Lucas, I gain Ownership
    Through Ownership, I gain Power
    Through Power, I gain Sole Creative License
    Through Sole Creative License, my EU chains are broken
    The Sequels will set me free.

zompusbite likes this.
  2. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I do not think Lucas will be involved in the EU much longer! :)

3. Mirax Terrik

Mirax Terrik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 11, 2000
    Are you asking what influence Lucas had on EU before Disney bought Star Wars? Because if not, see Immodet's comment.

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Before, we tend to hear about what George does or doesn't do.

We know he loved Dark Empire, know he vetoed the Noghri or Yuuzhan Vong being the Sith (species), know he vetoed Luke dying in Vector Prime, and ordered Anakin Solo's death in the NJO to avoid the confusion between Anakin Skywalker and Anakin Solo... and we know he pushed the creators of Force Unleashed away from Plagueis and towards Leia and Palpatine... oh, and he personally wrote the Mortis Trilogy. He also authorised Maul's return, Piell's death and of course, Adi's demise... killing some parts of the Expanded Universe canon.

So, it varied.

He nodded through the majority of it all, but had shown a lot of interest in TCW.

5. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Didn't he also veto "Obi-Wan clone" in Heir to the Empire- so we got C'baoth instead?

6. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    Clones are a bad idea...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.