main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Just how many of us are there?

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by TwistyMaeSkywalker, Dec 23, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TwistyMaeSkywalker

TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2000
    I'm going out on a limb here and saying three people actually post in the Milwaukee forum. Kinda sad, but if you look, we're the only WI forum that has people. But three really isn't enough to start something...I've been looking into fan groups around here and I haven't found squat...if we could form our own little Fan Force chapter (possibly with fellow fans/friends who are into Star Wars but don't know about this place yet/don't have the internet?) that'd be really cool, especially if we could get one together that's got people of various ages. Any ideas/comments on this? I'm being pretty daring by asking this.

~Twisty

2. PowerfulJedi

PowerfulJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2000
    I'm with you Twisty.

3. TwistyMaeSkywalker

Nov 3, 2000
    Alright, that's one! I just talked to two friends of mine from school, they're in if we can get more people.

Oh, and hey, the Pack is gonna kick Tampa's butt today! ^_^

4. PowerfulJedi

Jun 17, 2000
    They did indeed but I do find it quite messed up that Aaron Brooks came from Green Bay and kept us out.

5. TwistyMaeSkywalker

Nov 3, 2000
    I know. And Farve just kept throwing those damned interceptions (Hello, Brett, you throw to the people in green and gold, not white, red, and gold!) Well, at least we didn't finish the season 8-8 like we did last year. Ray Rhodes sucked. And damn St Louis for winning yesterday!

Alright, enough of my b*tching about football.

Merry Christmas!!!!!

6. DarthMart

DarthMart Jedi Youngling

Dec 27, 2000
    Hi. Just stumbled onto this place. I live in Racine and have been a SW junkie since seeing the movie as a child some 20+ years ago. I too have been unable to find any info on local fan clubs and am interested in anything put together. Keep me posted. Thanks.

7. TwistyMaeSkywalker

Nov 3, 2000
    Hey DarthMart! :) Welcome to the board! I don't think we have anything really planned yet (three or four people, all of them teenagers?) but I'm guessing any get-togethers would have to happen in Milwaukee *if* we do anything...is that okay?

8. PowerfulJedi

Jun 17, 2000
    Yeah, Greetings Darth Mart.

9. DarthMart

DarthMart Jedi Youngling

Dec 27, 2000
    Milwaukee would be fine. I can't believe that there are no local groups already formed. Or are we just that geeked out ?!?
    Anyways, no sense planning until there are much more than 4 of us or whatever. Plus, it would look pretty weird a 32 year old guy meeting up with a bunch of teens :). Not that I oppose any age limits on a group - I just think it would need to be bigger and include several age groups and their insight/input./ Anyways, thats my 2 cents. Keep me posted and thanks for responding.

10. Skidder

Skidder Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2000
    Gotta have Faith, Twisty.

11. TwistyMaeSkywalker

Nov 3, 2000
    Faith, yeah, gotta keep Faith. The Force will see us through this.

Actually, I have a friend (okay, a former history teacher who's a good friend of the family) who's a SW fan (he actually introduced me to the original trilogy, bless him) who'd probably be interested, and he's 40 or 41 (I forget) I'll talk to him once school starts again and see if he'd be in. DarthMart, got any friends who are into Star Wars as well?

The more the merrier! (Hey, I got an idea for an outing! *LOL* Anyone up for a trip to GenCon?)

12. PowerfulJedi

Jun 17, 2000
    I love Gencon, I just love to make fun of the fanboy.

13. TwistyMaeSkywalker

Nov 3, 2000
    Well, I'm going no matter what, but I think it'd be fun to go with a group.

Costumes optional! ^_^

14. Skidder

Skidder Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2000
    optional?

15. TwistyMaeSkywalker

Nov 3, 2000
    I don't know who'd want to go in costume and who wouldn't (I know I'm gonna!)

16. Mystery Y-Wing Pilot

Mystery Y-Wing Pilot Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 1999
    Another one here in Elkhorn.

I check in at least once a day to catch updates at TF.N

Although I rarely post a response. I enjoy reading through the discussion forums.

I'm 32 and not to interested in any clubs. It's weird enough to have gotten my girl friend liking these movies.

I had no intention of buying any toys either until I bought one Episode 1 4" action figure. Now I've gotta have them all. I've even had friends (including my girl friend) call me from the store asking if I have a particular figure that they may see there. Then when everything started going on Clearance sale, I started buying all the other stuff. 12" figures, ships, etc.

My girl friend for the holidays bought me the Classic Trilogy Trivial Pursuit edition. Not to play I imagine, that wouldn't be too fair. Just to sit around some time and quiz me I guess. Hey, if it's what you do, then it's what you do.

I love the spoilers too. Anytime I may hear a friend mention the next movie. I've got plenty of ammo to tell them how it is.

I start mentioning Jango Fett and they're like..."Huh???" That's a trip.

17. Captain Page

Captain Page Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 22, 2000
    Checking in from Wauwatosa!

18. TwistyMaeSkywalker

Nov 3, 2000
    Go Tosa!!! ^_^ Hi Page! Welcome to the forum!!

19. PowerfulJedi

Jun 17, 2000
    Just letting you guys know, I'm king. Twisty comes in at second ruler person. Reason being we've been here since the start!

20. TwistyMaeSkywalker

Nov 3, 2000
    Ha ha, PJ, you're a riot!!

I say, why not start an oligarchy? Share the power, man!

Can I have the very cool title of Viceroy? Or perhaps Emperess? How about Dark Lady of the Milwaukee Forum?

^_^

21. Captain Page

Captain Page Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 22, 2000
    How can you be a king if I go to King? And I'm a General...

jk ppl

22. TwistyMaeSkywalker

Nov 3, 2000
    Alright, boys, I better stop this before the testosterone starts flowing...I officially take the title of supream dictator and ruler of the Milwaukee Forum. Y'all can be my little underlings and do my bidding.
    Hehe...satisfied?

Just kidding!!

23. PowerfulJedi

Jun 17, 2000
    Twisty how can there be a dictator if there is already a king? And I like that oligarchy suggestion. From now on, it will be PJ and TMS as rulers of this forum hahaha.

24. TwistyMaeSkywalker

Nov 3, 2000
    PJ...Alright, the oligarchy it is then. Let's just not over-do it on the power thing or I will start nicknaming people 'Darth'

Speaking of people...anyone interested in getting together on a Saturday just for a 'getting to know people' gathering? Somewhere public, like maybe The Chancery? We could just have lunch and get to know each other a little better, and maybe plan some things to do (Star Wars related or not) I've got about eight or nine friends of mine ready to sign up if we have something going.

To quote my history teacher, "Feedback is a nessissary part of communication" Ideas? Like it? Hate it?

25. TwistyMaeSkywalker

Nov 3, 2000
    Hey, just a note here, but does anyone really want to have our own little "official" FanForce group? I think we kinda already have a city represenative, and we can plan three events no sweat (lunch, maybe a fun outing somewhere, and a party?) Or is this whole thing just fun posting on the message board?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.