main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Just moved to CA, what theater should i see the flick at?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by godzuki, May 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. godzuki

godzuki Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2002
    I just moved to Laguna Niguel and the closest theaters around my area are Irvine Specturm 21 and Aliso Veijo 20 both are pretty damn under whelming when it comes to where i want to see episode 2 at they are nice but nothing to justify waiting over night for, if youg et what i mean.

I know of the Mann Chinese but dont know if tickets are still available for the 12 or 3am showing(got jerked around from there box office)

Anyway, any theater you know thats in the greater LA area that will do the movie justice(mainly knock me on my ass pick me up then put it down my mouth) and you know is having 12am or 3am showings... well id be one grateful spic.

Thanks in advance.

2. Darth_Logicus

Darth_Logicus Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2002
    Easy.

The Village (Fox) Theater in Westwood Village. This is the theater where THX tests its equipment and innovations, where many Hollywood premieres take place, and where George Lucas sees movies when he's in LA.

Elegant movie palace from the 20s (not as grand as the Chinese). BIG screen, comfy seats, and the best damn sound system in the world (Lucasfilm rates it #1 for sound system).

Take the 405 to the Wilshire exit. Westwood is on your left. You'll see the Fox tower.

Have fun!

3. godzuki

godzuki Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2002
    Exactly the type of reply i was looking for thanks.

They are sold out for the midnight showings, and ive tried some other recommended theaters but **** out of luck... all sold out for the midnight shows. So Im gonna hit the Spectrum at midnight so i can atleast see it as soon as possible, then have tickets for the Big Newport at 7pm on Thursday, then during the weekend head up Westwood Village.

If you have any other theaters that are great, it would be even better and not just for all my star wars viewing.

4. Darth_Logicus

Darth_Logicus Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2002
    I'm seeing it at the 11:00 PM show on Friday at the Village Theater.

There are several movie theaters in Westwood. The Village, Bruin, National, and Crest are all great theaters. In addition to the Chinese, El Capitan, and the Egyptian in Hollywood, they are the best on the West Coast.

Enjoy!

5. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    My friends and I usually go to the local Edwards out here in Ontario. It may not be the best one, but there are less people and we always have a good time. That's what its all about really.

6. godzuki

godzuki Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2002
    Thanks alot guys much obliged.

7. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
    Darth Darth Darth...

Don't confuse the poor guy...

If you are going to only one theater, that is Chinese Theater. That is THE Mecca of Star Wars Theaters.

See the movie in Westwood after or for other movies first but the Chinese should always be the first theater for Star Wars.

8. UCLAJediMaster

UCLAJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2001
    yeah i go to ucla in westwood and always see movies at the mann village....

i have now seen star wars at the man village four times

i plan to go to the bridge and to mann chinese next week.

9. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    If any of you go to the chinese on a weekend, just make sure you get there early enough to get a ticket. Me and a friend had to purchase a 7:30 pm ticket when we wanted to go at 4pm. Just get there early.

10. LuminariUnduli

LuminariUnduli Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    I agree with Azeem!!! but I guess it's too late for my response. haha!!

Once u go to Mann's - you'll never appreciate any other... haha!!

11. jacensky315

jacensky315 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2002
    Go to the Irvine Spectrum. Digital projection and a very big theater. Can't miss it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.