main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC Just my nonsense again...

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Lodreh, Nov 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    Watching tPM and AotC back to back made me ask a question. Obi-Wan tells Anakin not to lose his lightsaber. "This weapon is your life." Is this symbolism or foreshadowing of things to come? ex. Anakin doesn't take his Jedi training seriously, therefore; the saber is not important. Or Anakin feels that he is more powerful than other Jedi and does not need the aid of a Lightsaber.

On a side note Obi-Wan lost his saber in tPM when fighting Darth Maul... coincidence?

Just a few random thoughts...

Lod Reh Sajon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force. If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

2. joe-da

joe-da Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    Well, if Qui-Gon's saber wasn't around, when Obi-Wan lost his own in TPM, he'd be among the deceased. I guess he was speaking from personal experience to his lil' padawan in AOTC.

3. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    And I personally think this is just showing Anakin as reckless. ;)

4. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    Ah but JediRiff that is my point exactly. Anakin should be mindful of his surroundings, abilities, and his weapons. Keep in mind Obi-Wan in tPM was a great Padawan never publicly disagreeing with Qui-Gon Jinn but supporting him. So my question why was Obi-Wan allowed to continue training him? Anakin proved time and again that he was far more reckless, headstrong, and undisciplined for being a Jedi in training. I think it goes back to the Prophecy of the Chosen One. I think Yoda knows that Anakin will join the Dark Side "Much danger do I see in this boy's training." It is the only reason Anakin was not cast out of the Jedi Order early on. So it is foreshadowing the type of man Anakin will become by his disregard for his lightsaber.

Lod Reh Sajon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force. If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.