main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Just One Night - A Story about Love (SW/Moulin Rouge crossover) - Author's Note 12/08

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kestrel_Kenobi, Feb 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi_webb

obi_webb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    it was quite a nice suprise seeing your update pm for this!:cool:
    as usual, your writing if amazing!
    the obi/qui-gon talk was perfect, and i was pleasantly suprised how understanding qui seemed about obi's dilemma.
    BUT then you throw a nice twist at us!
    Qui-Gon leaned against the counter where Esta had been chopping fruit and rubbed a hand across his face. Where to start? With the pain in Obi-Wan?s eyes or the pain within his own? How he wanted to shake his Padawan and bring him to his senses. How his apprentice had fallen for a girl at a club! How Obi-Wan could even contemplate leaving the Jedi for?that?and how his own attachment for Obi-Wan made every word he said a lie.
    THIS is going to be quite intersting! it adds yet another layer to this story!
    i hope you have an easier time writing the next chapter cause i wanna see it soon! and know that despite your problems with this one, it couldn't have turned out better!
    [:D]

2. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Loved the conversation between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon...very sweet.

Poor Qui was trying to be so understanding knowing full well there's really nothing he could do.

How could he tell Obi-wan to let go of this woman, when he himself couldn?t let go of Obi-Wan?

Exactly! Curse that code!

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

3. Jennifer_Lyn

Jennifer_Lyn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    great chapter!

i love how you're using the Code as this barrier between Obi and Qui, how it's forcing them to make decisions and putting this rift between them.

i like Esta, too. hope she can help Qui figure out what to do.

bravo!

4. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    I am so happy to see that you updated this!!~It was a wonderful post; I can't wait for more.

5. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    :D I'm so glad to see an update on this!

I loved the conversation between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon, but it's sad how much the Jedi code is coming between them.

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next

jcs

6. Jedi_siriwan

Jedi_siriwan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2006
    OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THATS SO SAD!!!!! POST MORE SOOOOOONNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!

7. wawoot

wawoot Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 5, 2006
    Wonderful chapter! (Except that I made the mistake of listening on my iPod again... Which was fine until Obi-Wan confessed that he was in love with SATAN!) Seriously, this was beautiful - I'm so happy that you're continuing with this, even though it's not coming easily at the moment! [face_love]

8. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    :oops: What a situation. I sence much tears in Obi's future.

BTW AWSUM POST

9. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Awww this was cute!

I loved the part where Obi tells Qui Gon he went to a club... to the Moulin Rouge ... Qui Gon was like wtf [face_laugh] priceless

Tnx a lot for the pm, and i look forward to the next update!

10. Stella_Ripple

Stella_Ripple Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 29, 2005
    That was great! I loved this part

Qui-Gon leaned against the counter where Esta had been chopping fruit and rubbed a hand across his face. Where to start? With the pain in Obi-Wan?s eyes or the pain within his own? How he wanted to shake his Padawan and bring him to his senses. How his apprentice had fallen for a girl at a club! How Obi-Wan could even contemplate leaving the Jedi for?that?and how his own attachment for Obi-Wan made every word he said a lie.

How could he tell Obi-wan to let go of this woman, when he himself couldn?t let go of Obi-Wan?

Esta placed a hand on Qui-Gon?s cheek and wiped away the silent tears that had started to fall.

I love how you took us right inside Qui's mind and the silent tears awww! so touching [:D] I like Esta, she seems like someone who can help him...hmm i wonder now, is it her that Qui-Gon loved?

[face_laugh] I liked Qui-Gon's reaction to the Moulin ROuge too!

Can't wait to see more! Great job!

11. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    Thank you everyone [:D]

As you have probably noticed there has been no update for a while. RL and writer's block have prevented me from doing so and more recently nano got a hold of me.

I'm so sorry to everyone who has been reading this and really appreciate the lovely replies, but I doubt I have it in me to finish this off.

So, this story is now up for adoption - if you're interested in taking it over please drop me a pm.

Thank you all again for reading [:D] ...I truly appreciate it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.