main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Just One Thread In The Tapestry (H/L) -dedicated to LadyPadme--repost and completion

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by sitara-min, Nov 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sitara-min

sitara-min Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2003
    Dedicated to my dear LP. You know who I am.

Just One Thread In The Tapestry

So this is what it's come to. Recruitment--that's what Aunt Mara's calling it. More like the draft. Being called into service without a choice. I know what that's like. I certainly don't want Dad to go through it. He's the fun in our lives, what keeps us going. What happens when he's exposed to the horrors being a Jedi can bring you to face? It frightens me so badly. Don't grow up, Dad. Run away while you can. Don't let them make you into what I am. I don't want that for you.

--Jacen

Chapter One-Evalonne

It was as wide as three Star Destroyers and just as long, and Evalonne was going to have to swim it.

Shavit! she thought. I wish I'd thought to bring the raft. Captain Veck is going to have my head for being late. Evalonne cast her eyes at the long, deep pool in front of her. And wet.

Silently cursing her comrades in every concievable language she could think of, Evalonne stripped down to her outerwear and dove in. Stang their male hides, anyway! Evalonne understood now, why the Empire had fallen so far since the Rebels started attacking. It was because the whole darned thing was run by men!

Women were becoming more and more common in the Imperial ranks. Since the Emperor's death, his successors were handing out more slack...men got themselves killed too easily anyway, and women generally had better eyesight, which meant better piloting skills. (Evalonne had a comrade, once, who had boasted than his own talents surpassed those of Luke Skywalker. Until, that is he actually faced Skywalker in combat. Evalonne had been the only one to pull out of that battle undamaged. She had a deep respect for Skywalker.) The Empire, by all means, needed all the help it could get. And Evalonne was good help, and had been good help since well before the Battle of Yavin. She'd been the only one to escape that one, too.

But Evalonne's seniority didn't give her any leeway with her male companions. They still jeered at her, and they still (stupid undergrown boys!) played practial jokes on her. Like stashing her hiking gear on the other side of this deep pool and hiding the canoe. She swam harder, faster...the sun was setting now, and if she didn't get back before dark there would be consequences. Unhappy ones.

She reached the other side in what was probably record time. Sopping wet, Evalonne used her hands to wring most of the water from her black hair--there were only a few strands of grey, she swore!--and then began to search around for her gear.

It wasn't anywhere it plain sight--but then again, it figured. They wouldn't make it easy for her. The most logical hiding spots for Hamril and his cronies were under bushes, in deep holes and up trees. All three had happened before, and on numerous occasions. She looked around, but didn't see any of the usual cover-ups.

There was, however, a clump of vines covering the large stone she was facing. It was just as good a place to start looking as any. In fact, it was the only obvious spot. A few feet to the side there was a small hole in the vines and the rock...a little cave.Nice try, Seti. Good. The sun was setting now, and it looked like Evalonne would be staying the night. Consequences or no, she was not swimming that pool in the dark.

Stooping down on the ground, Evalonne pushed the vines away and crawled into the little cave. The stone walls were scratched, as if some sort of animal had been climbing up the walls. She set her blaster for kill.

It took a few more moments of climbing and cursing her fellow officers for hiding her things in such a cramped spot before Evalonne reached a wider opening. It lead into a small stone room, in which Evalonne could stand to her full height.

The room was circular, with a tall pillar in the middle, on which was inscribed some strange writing. She did not know the language. There was a wider, higher tunnel and a light shone from it. Evalonne did not see her

2. Sunshine

Sunshine Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2003
    You left me off THERE?!?!?

Good gracious, sita!

3. Tatjana-Katri

Tatjana-Katri Jedi Youngling

Nov 25, 2003
  4. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

[face_blush] Wow, Sitara! Thank you! A dedication story! I'm so flattered! :D

And what a lovely beginning. But...why are you leaving us to hang high and dry here? When will you post again?

* sends flowers and cyber chocolate *

Thanks, sweetie!

5. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    More??? :)

6. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Good start. Does the opening comments by Jacen mean what I think they mean? Is Han really a Jedi who has just never joined the service? Hope you are going to write more soon, because I look forward to seeing where you go with this.

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Great start...looking forward to more! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.