main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania Just out of interest, how many Trekkies here?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by JBMW, May 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBMW

JBMW Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2002
    Before I take a break for Trek (bloody about time - they keep friggin cancelling it), are there any Trekkies on these boards, or am I the only freak?

Wait. Don't answer. Just continue this thread if you can :p It'll be the Trek version of the Star Wars word game [face_devil] Here's a few to start with:

Enterprise
    Tribbles
    Picard

2. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I don't know where you are going with this thread.

But I don't mind the odd bit of ST.

I'm looking forward to buying season one of TNG on DVD soon

3. darth-luigi

darth-luigi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 6, 2002
    Big fan of every series and all the even numbered movies although I don't mind SFS

4. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I have yet to see any episodes of the new series, is it any good ?

5. BibFortuna

BibFortuna Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 22, 2002
    hey, did my post on the sw game about star trek "k-words" inspire this ? :)
    okay ill play...
    maybe we should start with something appropriate...

Star Trek

6. darth-luigi

darth-luigi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 6, 2002
    Enterprise is very good and very differen't from previous treks which in my opinion is a good thing

7. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    Klingons

(too easy)

8. BibFortuna

Apr 22, 2002
    spock (ill just go for the the obvious lol)

9. Dave_Smogcrawler

Dave_Smogcrawler Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
  10. MarvinTheMartian

MarvinTheMartian Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 31, 2002
    Kor

(Yeah, I LOVE Star Trek, even more than Wars I think! ;) )

11. Norrad_Roff

Norrad_Roff Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2001
    Riker

Yup. I *ahem* swing both ways so to speak. But my first love (obsession) is Star Wars.

12. JBMW

May 23, 2002
    Romulan

Bib, yeah it was :)

Don't know what I'd choose between Trek & Star Wars but if I had to pick a Trek series it'd be TNG all the way here. Trek's like sex and pizza though - can't ever be bad :p even if it's Voyager. The new series isn't too bad either. I think I'm just a bit frustrated at how helpless they are re: technology compared to other series (except maybe the original). And I did wince at the Temporal War idea, though Trek's never been known for cohesive time theories.

Aztek, just out of interest, where are you getting the DvD TNG collection from and how much does it cost?

13. BibFortuna

Apr 22, 2002
    Next Generation

(my fav. series...dont like the new ones myself... i think i preferstar wars hmm hard decision sometimes)

14. Pris

Pris Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    Neelix.

Of the films, I really love II, IV, VII, VIII. And of the series, I like Next Gen and Voyager - the Original had a bad cast, except for Spock, Scotty and Bones, whom I loved. TNG was like Day of our Lives in Space, and I didn't like Enterprise from the momnt I found out that the theme had LYRICS ... I'm gonna give it a miss.

15. Deagle_Raa

Deagle_Raa Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 10, 2002
    Q

I grew up with Next Gen, but I can't make my mind up about which series is best. Original is too 60s for me, last few series of TNG I loved- especially those with q and the borg, ds9 started good but lost it halfway thru, voyager remained not too bad throughout, and enterprise is turning out quite well because it's completely different(no more top of the line technology and prime directive crap)
    The lyrics for the theme bugged me at first but now I'm finding it catchy and on some days refuses to leave my mind!

EDIT: I forgot to mention the movies! Originals are great, but since I grew up with the next gen crew, I like the new ones better. And want to see what Nemisis is going to be like

16. JBMW

May 23, 2002
    Q-continuum :p

Next Gen r0xx0rs! Haven't found anything better Trek-wise. And how dare you call it the Daysofourlives of Trek! Sacrilege! Picard is a God. Powerful. Diplomatic. Intelligent. Enigmatic. Whenever I hear that voice-over going 'Space. The final frontier...' it sends shivers down my spine! Riker's the half-time entertainment; Worf has the best action-man-one-liners and Data is a legend.

The original series was corn to the extreme - Kirk just rubs me up the wrong way SOMEHOW, I have no idea why, despite his endearing chauvanism /puke and Bond-like ability to sleep with any female, alien or not.

DS9 was decent with Worf and Odo.

But Voyager, I have to say, sucked majorly apart from 7of9 and maybe Belana. Janeway was way too gung-ho - I'm all for PC but I think they tried to prove something with her as the over-zealous female captain. <What? There's an dangerous unknown sentient entity blocking our path? No, let's NOT open a haiing channel. Screw diplomacy. Screw making contact with new life-forms. We're not going around it - we're going to go THROUGH it. I didn't travel 50squillion light yrs from home to go AROUND. And if there's a problem with the reactor I'll leave my post at the bridge and come down to Engineering and FIX IT MYSELF.> Riiiight.

Must stop before I reveal my TRUE self. ARgh too late...

EDIT: Any news on Nemesis? I heard a rumour either Picard or Data will 'die'.

17. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    McCoy

Data's died before, hasn't he? In a TNG episode?

Speaking of which, I'd have to say TNG is probably my favourite Trek series... TOS is pretty alright too, but my brain starts hurting from an overload of 60's-ness if I watch too many episodes in a row. DS9 has some great epsiodes (eg: Trials and Tribulations) but I never really got into it, and I could never be bothered staying up to watch it/ set the VCR to record it. For similar reasons I hardly ever watched Voyager and only seen one ep of Enterprise.

But yes, JBMW is right, you can't pass Picard as best captain. Even so, I don't think it would seems wrong if he did die in the movie (assuming it was under reasonable circumstances).

18. Deagle_Raa

Apr 10, 2002
    can't argue with Picard being the best captain
    the TNG crew is probably the best crew as well. they better not kill off anyone

19. MrNeech

MrNeech Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Yar..as in Tasha

20. JBMW

May 23, 2002
    Rhysa (is that how you spell it?)

Tasha sucked. Worf does the job a GAZILLION times better (note: haven't done maths for several years but I think gazillion < googol but > a squillion).

The 1st doc sucked bigtime too - what was her name? Curly hair, intense dislike for Data (*sniff* we wub ya buddy), absolutely no sense of humour, and cold...soooo frosty cold *brrrr*

21. Kehleyr

Kehleyr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    I am a longtime Star Trek fan, even appeared on national TV in Klingon garb...

22. JBMW

May 23, 2002
    Android

Wanna see some hardcore Klingon fans?
    http://www.kli.org/

/shudder

23. Deagle_Raa

Apr 10, 2002
    Phoenix

Hardcore klingon fan, if uve seen 'trekkies', is the guy who bought a small bit of klingon head ridge for a few grand (american)

24. DarkJediTJ

DarkJediTJ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 26, 2000
    I Will not make any comment on this besides that I have no intention of ever becoming a Trekkie. sorry to disappoint you.

*Heres rejoicing*

That allways happens.

25. Stunt_Monkey

Stunt_Monkey Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 10, 2001
    *joins darkjedi*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.