main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Just saw ATTACK OF THE CLONES!! **Official thread** Initial reactions

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by DarthKnight, May 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthKnight

DarthKnight Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2002
    Mod edit:

Remember, no spoilers in here until Monday.

Oh man! Oh Man! OH MAN! This movie is absolutely unbelievable!! This is definetely right up there with Empire Strikes Back. I liked Phantom Menace, regardless of what some people thought, but this one blows Phantom Menace away. The love scene stuff between Anakin and Padme don't take away from the movie at all, they are very similar to the love stuff between Solo and Leia, so anyone who thinks it is going to be bad because of the love stuff, needs to realize that it doesn't take away from the movie at all!

I know this is the spoiler free forum, so I will leave you with this. YODA IS THE SHIZNIT!! Now I know why he is the Jedi master. ;) I will say this, after seeing AOTC, I understand why Lucas made Phantom Menace like he did. It makes so much more sense and has me liking Phantom Menace even more as a result. Get ready people, you are all in for a major treat!!

Mod edit: Use this thread for your initial reactions. Use this thread for detailed reviews. Remember, no spoilers until monday. :)

2. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    Welcome to the fourms Knight! I am always glad to see a new "face" in the forums. I encourage you to post in this forum's Official Welcome Thread so that you can get aquatinted with all of our rules. :)

:cool: Mace Windy,
    windier than the signature feature!

3. DarthKnight

May 14, 2002
    Thanks Mace. I will definetely check it out.

4. Obi-Gon_Jinnobi

Obi-Gon_Jinnobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2001
    How'd you see it, hmmm?

Oh, and TESB isn't the greatest. TPM ROCKS!

5. opinion

opinion Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    It makes so much more sense and has me liking Phantom Menace even more as a result.

...some fans have known this for years...while others were unable to see it...

6. DarthKnight

May 14, 2002
    I was at the premier in Hollywood. The people were jumping out of their seats, even famous actors were completely thrilled. I am a prop maker for various film and television shows, so I was invited to see it.

From start to finish, I had chills. So many of the pieces are falling into place. Anyone who says Lucas fell off, needs to catch AOTC.

7. Sabersparx

Sabersparx Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2002
    Awesome.

Glad you liked it so well.

I still have to wait 2 more days though.

Wait.

2 days...

Holy crap.

8. DarthKnight

May 14, 2002
    Believe me, it is worth the wait. Words can't describe this film. Lucas truly makes these films for the fans and took into consideration what we have always wanted to see. :)

9. Adali-Kiri

Adali-Kiri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Hmm, I can already hear those who didn't like TPM saying that AotC is better because they told George what to do...

10. Darth23

Darth23 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 1999
    I think we said that would happen 2 years ago.

:p

11. Adali-Kiri

Adali-Kiri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    So did I...just didn't make that sentence too good... :)

12. DarthKnight

May 14, 2002
    Everything we, as fans, have ever wanted has come true.

For example:

1. Seeing Yoda in action

2. Boba Fett's background

3. Jedi all fighting side by side in Clone Wars.

4. More Portman ;)

5. Obi-wan's background

6. Palpatine's rise

etc...etc...I truly believe George does listen to the fans and did TPM his own way, in order to surprise us with AOTC. I couldn't believe the feeling I got after seeing this movie. Even though TPM was great to me, this movie was more true to how I pictured another Star Wars film. This movie shows you why TPM was done the way it was and I am glad he did it this way.

13. Grieve

Grieve Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    Obi Wan's background? Sweet! I didn't expect Lucas to cover that.

14. DarthKnight

May 14, 2002
    Well, what I meant was seeing Obi-wan as a young Jedi. We got to see some of how great Obi-wan was (a Patawan defeating a full blown Sith) and how he was during the Clone wars in AOTC. There is a lot of interesting things that happens...

15. Grieve

Grieve Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    grr, misleading post...

(don't take that personally)

16. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    On Friday i'll create a thread telling you all what was cut from the film. It hit the spoiled people pretty hard considering we had known about it for a year and a half. But that's Friday.

17. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    Glad you liked. I don't think I will be able to see it until Friday.

18. LaughmanNV

LaughmanNV Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2002
    Sorry, but there is NO EXCUSE for Jar Jar and that final battle scene. It was a freaking kiddie movie.

19. CowMoo

CowMoo Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2001
    Good to know that things are falling into place. If anything else, I want to watch the rest of the saga just to witness Anakin's fall and the birth of the Empire.

Still kind of hard imagining Yoda doing some serious a$$-kicking...

20. Dominyo

Dominyo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2001
    As lucas has said time and time again, they're SUPPOSED to be "kiddie" movies.

"But this movie is never going to be The Matrix. And I know some of the fans really want it to be; they get kind of embarrassed that they're watching a kids movie, but that's what it is."

"I have to make the movie for the same audience base I made the first ones for: 12-year-olds."

"What is comes down to is, I have kids who say to me 'Thank you for making this movie. Older people say that too, but it's mostly kids. They've done it on every movie. And I'm pretty confident I can continue that. That I can make a movie a young person will be blown away by. That's what I do."

21. LaughmanNV

May 14, 2002
    Baloney. The first three movies, even with the Ewoks, were not as juvenille (sp) as Phantom Menace. A lot of that movie was geared towards 6 to 8 year olds.

22. Darth23

Darth23 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 1999
    yeah, two or three whole minutes worth. :p

Here's my question.

How come Anakin can't say Yippiee a few times, but Spiderman can say Wooohoooo 3 or 4 times?

Is it the word is self?

Is it the age of the character?

23. LaughmanNV

May 14, 2002
    Never said I had a problem with Anakin saying "Yipee." I didn't have a problem with the kid at all.

Jar Jar was ignorant. The humor was childish instead of clever like the other movies. The final battle scene was a disgrace.

24. DarthKnight

May 14, 2002
    JarJar is in this one and is great as ever. ;) I have no doubt that if you were the age you are now and you saw Episode 4, 5 and 6, you would be saying the same thing. :)

Oh and Yoda's fight scene is one of the best ever...truly Yoda is the MASTER!

25. LaughmanNV

May 14, 2002
    Well, you would be wrong. I watch the old ones and think they are great. Not a big fan of the Ewoks but they don't come close to being as pathetic as Jar Jar.

The final battle scene in Phantom Menace was all slap-stick "gosh we got lucky" garbage.

From the clips I've seen, Clones looks great. I just hope the acting isn't as bad as I've read.

Mod edit:

Post your initial reactions here, post a more detailed review here. Of course there will be no spoilers until monday in either thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.