Just saw Clone Wars preview on Cartoon Network!

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by KfistoRox, Sep 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KfistoRox Jedi Knight

star 2
    It was pretty cool! Kit fisto and Yoda were in there, and some clone troopers!

Did anyone else see it? It wasn't that long. Maybe 10-15 seconds?

It was 5:15p.m. central time when I just saw it. :)

If this is old news my bad.
  2. Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff

VIP
    star 5
    NO! I missed it! :eek:

Stang! I hope they show it again!
  3. wstraka5 Jedi Master

star 4
    You can see what I managed to get of the promo:

TFN

I am going to attempt to get the complete promo tomorrow (since I missed a few seconds at the beginning).
  4. Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff

VIP
    star 5
    Great job, man! Thanks!
  5. wstraka5 Jedi Master

star 4
    It's dang hard to record it just right. Of course, I got the technique down just as they weren't showing it any more. :mad: Hopefully tomorrow. But what I got should provide enough of a taste.

Ok, off to bed.
  6. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    Cool they used The Imperial March! :)
  7. MetalGoldKnight Jedi Youngling

star 4
    So when does the cartoon premire in the US?
  8. JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  9. wstraka5 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, it is in November. BTW, unfortunatly there was no previews tonight so I wasn't able to record it. Hopefully tomorrow. :)
  10. KfistoRox Jedi Knight

star 2
    Cross my fingers for ya. :)
  11. kampilan Jedi Master

star 4
    Woohoo! I just caught it after watching Samurai Jack. They had the cool CN original anime IGPX before Clone Wars.
    At first I couldn't believe it but as soon as I heard the "Imperial March" theme that was all she wrote! Starts out with bunch of star cruisers coming out of hyperspace and they show a red ARC looking clone directing some clones. Then a shot of a squid head shirtless Jedi and Kit as well. Then finally of Yoda drawing his lightsaber just like in AOTC.

Edit: Begun the micro series has..."These are the stories you've never heard. Drawn in a way you've never seen..."

Before the red clone we see some Gunships and explosions, Kit is swinging his saber underwater, and before Yoda we see Bariss and Luminara...
  12. JeddleMaster Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I'm sure to take crap for this... but I have seen the preview and I think it looks awful!!! Who is this aimed at? I'm a die hard fan... but the animation looks awful... I guess it's the equivalent of droids and ewoks I guess. Damn, it sucks growing up and getting jaded!!! :)
  13. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    I wasn't too impressed with the preview. I hope that the episodes are better.
  14. MetalGoldKnight Jedi Youngling

star 4
  15. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Yeah, but I don't think we can judge the animation quality of the show based on a 10 second promo that contains only one thing actually, well, animated [face_batting]
  16. JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yeah, the preview wasn't great, but I've only seen what was downloadable on TFN, so I can't judge the whole thing. However, if the animation is as cool as Samurai Jack, we won't be disappointed.
  17. wstraka5 Jedi Master

star 4
    FYI I sent in a more complete version of the promotion. Unfortunatly I wasn't able to get the first second which had the republic transport ships in it. But I did get the Kit Fisto segment. ;)
  18. kampilan Jedi Master

star 4
    Cartoon Network is airing it more I think. Saw it again, this time in the afternoon, after SD Gundam. And also after another Samurai Jack re-run. Before X-Men Evolution.

IGPX looks really nice and sounds interesting. Its an original CN project, right?
  19. JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I don't thinlk their's been any previews on Toonami yet, anybody else from the UK seen it on Toonami?
  20. Naboo1 Jedi Master

star 4
    I wonder if it will be available on DVD soon.
  21. JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Rumour is it will be on DVD 2nd/3rd Quarter of '04.
  22. Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff

VIP
    star 5
    I still haven't caught it on TV. :(
  23. Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I don't get Cartoon Network but I downloaded the teaser of tfn main page. I think it looks awesome and can't wait till you can download them off of Hyperspace.
  24. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Saw the full teaser on TF.N, and it looks alot better than just the one Yoda part by itself did.

The shots of the red ARC Trooper and Kit Fisto were interesting- can't wait to get a more solid glimpse at the show!
  25. augusto Jedi Master

star 4
    This is great! I caught after flipping by the Cartoon net. When I heard the imperial march I was going "huh?", then blam, you see Republic Assault Ships comming out of hyperspace, my favorite moment.

The clone tropper with the 2 blasters was awesome, reminded me of Jango. The animation style here is perfect for clone troopers, and the lightsaber stuff is going to benefit a lot from the animator's experience in Samurai Jack.

Can't wait for this thing to start airing, it just looks amazing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.