Just saw Clone Wars preview on Cartoon Network!

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by KfistoRox, Sep 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It's on Toonami, for once in our lives, the UK are getting something decent quite a while before everywhere else.
  2. Blackout Force Ghost

star 4
    Ladies and gentlemen, without further ado, may I present:
    >>> THE SECOND CLONE WARS TEASER from TOONAMI <<<

[image=http://www.ulcer8d.org.uk/misc/clonewars/cw_teaser2_scr01.jpg] [image=http://www.ulcer8d.org.uk/misc/clonewars/cw_teaser2_scr02.jpg]
    [image=http://www.ulcer8d.org.uk/misc/clonewars/cw_teaser2_scr03.jpg] [image=http://www.ulcer8d.org.uk/misc/clonewars/cw_teaser2_scr04.jpg]

It's an mpeg file which weighs in at about 2.5mb for 14 seconds (I know, I know :p). I tried Quicktime but the file was coming out at 7mb.

This link will only be valid for a few days, because I'd like some bandwidth left :p But I've told TFN about the file, so as soon as they host it I'll remove the file from my space. Until then, ENJOY :D

{||||| ?||} -----------------------------
  3. JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Nice one Blackout, not as good as seeing it on tv though, good enough for our American friends though!
  4. wstraka5 Jedi Master

star 4
    Most impressive! Thanks Blackout :D.

I am impressed with the way Tartakovsky has evolved his style. As to the "3D" effect, it looks very similar to the way he does it in Samurai Jack.
  5. JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I have to disagree, I don't think the 3D is that apparent in Jack.
  6. wstraka5 Jedi Master

star 4
    Guff, read what I said again. I said it appears similar to what was in Samurai Jack. I never stated that SJ had as much 3D as the CW clip shows. But there are some scenes in SJ that are just as 3D as the CW clip, IMO.

Now, it looks like Tartakovsky is going with the 3D effect that he has used in the past for the CW cartoon.

EDIT: also the fighting style of the Jedi looks VERY similar to the fighting style in Samurai Jack, but a little bit more fluid. Same with some of the movements of the characters/vehicles. Also, the lightsaber effect on Anakin's face is awesome. This all means that Tartakovsky has definately developed that style very well.
  7. foxbatkllr Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Oh man it looks awesome!
  8. Loco_for_Lucas Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I still don't see what everyone is so impressed about.
  9. Blackout Force Ghost

star 4
    Okay folks, as you probably know by now, TFN has the footage here:

CLONE WARS PROMO 2
    http://www.theforce.net/episode2/index.shtml#22312

So I'll probably be taking the clip down from my space tomorrow.

I still don't see what everyone is so impressed about.
    It's STAR WARS!! And it's a cartoon!
    But like I've mentioned before, I like Droids so I can't really justify CW in a rational way :p

10. Pooja Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Holy. Crap.

Anakin = Jesus in this.
  11. JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ok then Loco_For_Lucas, I give up with you. Don't like it, I no longer care, if you don't like it, don't watch it.
  12. Loco_for_Lucas Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Uhhh...okay...I'm sorry I wasn't impressed by 14 seconds worth of footage of crudely drawn Jedi swinging sabers...
  13. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
  14. DarthTerrious Force Ghost

star 5
    Uhhh...okay...I'm sorry I wasn't impressed by 14 seconds worth of footage of crudely drawn Jedi swinging sabers...

Why do you not surprise me? Waste of space....ugh.....

Anyway Pooja, totally agree about Anakin. I just love those shots of him dealing with those droids like they are flies....just wow.
  15. Loco_for_Lucas Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Wow, this is the first time I've been called a waste of space over my opinion of a cartoon...

lol
  16. Blackout Force Ghost

star 4
    Okay folks, can we calm this down a bit? Please? [face_plain]

Loco, I appreciate your point, I really do. But I think we all get the message that you aren't keen on the new cartoon. Reiterating the point is only serving to wind people up who are looking forward to the cartoon. Some would view this as trolling, but I don't think it's got to that point. Yet.
    Like I said, you've got every right to air your views on this issue, but it's getting a bit old now, seeing as how it's not even out yet ;)

And as for other people, I can't help feeling you're sometimes provoking his reactions too. Let's just chill out :D

There'll be plenty of time for judgements, analysis and criticism in three weeks.

A Jedi's work is never done ;)
  17. JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think "a waste of space" is a bit extreme, DarthTerrious. His opinion is perfectly acceptable, we just all disagree with him ;)

EDIT: Did I say her? I meant "him"
  18. Loco_for_Lucas Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Okay folks, can we calm this down a bit? Please?

Loco, I appreciate your point, I really do. But I think we all get the message that you aren't keen on the new cartoon. Reiterating the point is only serving to wind people up who are looking forward to the cartoon. Some would view this as trolling, but I don't think it's got to that point. Yet.
    Like I said, you've got every right to air your views on this issue, but it's getting a bit old now, seeing as how it's not even out yet

Yes, I realize that, and I appreciate your words of defense, blackout. :)

But this works both ways. Yes, I'm sure you all get the message of my thinking it looks shoddy, and I've made my case. I'm sure it's old to hear someone say it looks bad, seeing as how it's not out yet; but then again, it's just as old to have someone say this looks amazing, seeing as how it's not even out yet. As I said, it works both ways.

And I agree, everyone needs to chill. Getting so defensive over a series of three minute shorts, jeez...

;)
  19. Blackout Force Ghost

star 4
    Precisely ;)

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  20. masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I weep with joy. :_|

That pwned.

That thing Anakin with those 50 SBDs was like Neo's "The One" moment times 10x. :D :D :D

Mace rules. :eek:

Anakin REALLY rules. :eek:
  21. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
    ANYWAY---

This is getting better everytime that I see it.
  22. wstraka5 Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow, DRAMA! and I missed it. :p Seriously, Loco, while they may just be "only 3-minute" short episodes, they are still something to be looked at in how they are going to fit in with the overall SW universe, especially how it will fit in on the Small Screen. Now, my impression is that Tartakovsky is trying his best to stay true to the SW story while trying to incorporate his own artistic style, which seems to fit with the SW style, IMO.
  23. CreatureX Jedi Knight

Thanks for the video Blackout! That was so beautiful. I knew Genndy Tartakovsky was perfect for this project! :D
  24. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    Okay -- let me clarify something: this is a DISCUSSION forum.

Loco_for_Lucas is perfectly within his/her right to criticize the series and say that he/she is "not looking forward to it," "doesn't understand the hype," "doesn't like the animation style," etc.

As much as anyone is free to say how much they love it or that the series will rule.

Now, on the one hand -- attacking that POV (the idea) is okay, within reason (e.g. no baiting, etc.) but on the other hand -- attacking the person is not. And, on my third hand (Naked Gun-style) continually posting "I think the cartoon sucks!" or the like* is generally likely to be considered trolling after the first or second time. And I'd like to point out that Loco has yet to achieve this -- usually rationalizing the position as to the WHY he/she doesn't like the series.

So, please... carry on!

*NOTE: Does not apply to the Holiday Special. Continue to say "The Star WArs Holiday special sucks!" all you want...
  25. wstraka5 Jedi Master

star 4
    FYI, CN (US) just aired a NEW promo. I will attempt to get it. It doesn't have the detail that the UK one has, but it is new. You even see the Clone Troop walkers (AT-TE's) loading on to the transports! :eek:

EDIT: BTW, sent the promo in (missing the first 1 second where Yoda says, "Across") Hopefully TFN will post it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.