1. A Message For Everyone:

TCW vs. Rebels debates are not allowed in the Television forum. As in, discussions that descend into TCW/Rebels bashing/gushing will be subject to Mod action. Contrasting the themes, story lines, characters, etc. between the shows is allowed (welcomed, even). "Versus" debates/arguments, however, are a deal-breaker.

Just saw Clone Wars preview on Cartoon Network!

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by KfistoRox, Sep 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthYENIK Jedi Master

star 2
    Yeah, I just saw it too, although I saw the beginning and thought it was the first so looked away. But it didn't end so all I saw was the second quarter of it, and was so excited I forgot what I saw. All I remember is that there was the lucasfilms logo at the beginning.
  2. wstraka5 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    All I remember is that there was the lucasfilms logo at the beginning.

That must be a third one, :eek: because the one I remembered not seeing the LFL logo. The one I have seen just showed the transports appearing out of hyperspace like the first promo.
  3. Blackout Jedi Master

star 4
    WAHEY!! This is getting better by the day!
    FAN-TASTIC!

WSTRAKA5, you the man! :D

{||||| ?||} -----------------------------
  4. JediMasterGuff Jedi Master

star 5
    Thanks wstraka5, that was great!
  5. JediTrilobite Jedi Master

star 7
    I just saw that new trailer. This series is getting better and better
  6. wstraka5 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I have a file that has the full promo, but I can't get it encoded correctly (the MPEG is 11 minutes long and it is at the end). For some reason the program I am using to edit the MPEG won't let me encode the last bit of a recording :mad:. Can someone PM me a link to another MPEG editor?
  7. wstraka5 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    UPDATE!!! I have an WMV and AVI file of the ENTIRE promo. I am sending it now to TFN. w00t!! Thanks to Blackout on the encoder. :D
  8. wstraka5 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Ok guys it is UP on TFN! Thanks a LOT to Britney at TFN for getting it uploaded to TFN (and putting it up with me [face_blush]) and Blackout for getting me the encoder/splitter. Enjoy the new promo! :D

"Like fire, across the galaxy, the Clone Wars spread..."

[image=http://theforce.net/episode2/newspics/clonewars_2nduspromo03.jpg]
  9. Everton Force Ghost

star 10
    Wow! This thing is really looking good!
  10. QuiGonJinn Jedi Youngling

star 2
    That was awesome! This series is gonna rock so hard!
  11. wstraka5 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    CLONE WARS website UPDATED!

Game:

You can play one of three missions: Anakin vs. Ventress lightsaber battle on Rattatak, Obi-Wan vs. Durdge jousting speeder match on Muunlest or Kit Fisto vs. the Martian...er..Quarren Commander underwater mission on Mon Calamari.

Website update:

Database entries on the different characters and vehicles (for both the Republic and Seperatists. NEW CLONE FIGHTERS AND UNDERWATER DRIODS!!), viewers guide and links to seeing the episodes ONLINE (It doesn't look like Hyperspace is needed to see them online! :eek: )
  12. JediMasterGuff Jedi Master

star 5
    Well, the game was pretty good, but I can't beat the Kit Fisto boss :(

How do you hit it?

And I'm really, really anoyed that regular fans are getting the cartoons one day after Hyperspace! I knew we were getting priority but one day is terrible. Hyperspace has been really poor recently, now this!

Still, I can't wait!
  13. wstraka5 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    How do you hit it?

Use your "Force" power to hit the boss. ;)

And I'm really, really anoyed that regular fans are getting the cartoons one day after Hyperspace! I knew we were getting priority but one day is terrible. Hyperspace has been really poor recently, now this!

Well, my guess is that the quality won't be as good and you will be able to download the higher quality versions (at least that is what I heard). Plus, I think that CN will probably take the episodes off as soon as the series is done (like they did with IGPX) where Hyperspace will probably have them for longer.
  14. masterskywalker Jedi Master

star 5
    Hyperspace though gets the regular episodes, PLUS a the episodes with commentary tracks by Genndy. ;)
  15. JediMasterGuff Jedi Master

star 5
    I geuss so, but if we don't have better quality eps...

:mad:

C'mon, cut me some slack, I gotta complain about something :p
  16. masterskywalker Jedi Master

star 5
    It should work out all right. :)

So it looks like the Luminara and Bariss episode is confirmed to be taking place on Ilum. Probably has something to do with stoping a Seperatist plot to destroy the lightsaber crystal caves.

Padme and Yoda's adventure could happen on Dantooine perhapes?

Yay! The episodes are four minutes long instead of three! Since the last two episodes are the duel between Anakin and Ventress (Which is quote "an amazingly hardcore fight" :D ) it'll be even longer. Think about it, a near EIGHT MINUTE duel between Anakin and Ventress! :D

I'm in heaven. :p
  17. Blackout Jedi Master

star 4
    LOL :p San Hill looks fantastic!

{||||| ?||} -----------------------------
  18. JediMasterGuff Jedi Master

star 5
    I don't think "fantastic" is the word I would've used.
  19. Blackout Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, you know... I mean 'fantastic' in the LOL sense of the word ;) I thought he looked cool in AotC (not as cool as Wat Tambor though :p)

[image=http://www.ulcer8d.org.uk/misc/san_hill.jpg]

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  20. JediTrilobite Jedi Master

star 7
    The ARC troopers look fantastic
  21. augusto Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Ack! San Hill, the worst character in Ep. 2! I hope he gets used for some comic relief. Would have been nice to see Wat Tambor instead.

This series is looking really good, I can't wait for it.
  22. wstraka5 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    BTW, you can play as the Quarren, Ventress or Durge in either of the games as well. To bad you can control the droids or clones. That would have rocked.
  23. JediMasterGuff Jedi Master

star 5
    Also, too bad the game is identical regardless who you play as :(

Y'know, I was expecting something special, a hidden level or something, after you complete all 3 missions. It didn't last long I'm afraid :(

I was hoping it would be more like Street Fighter/Tekken/Mortal Kombat/Masters of the Teras Kasi. Pick a character and battle others...
  24. wstraka5 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Well, I am officially confused. There was an ad on CN last night about the CW site (sorry, I didn't tape it.) that mentioned that you could view the episodes WITH the Tartakovsky commentary on the CN.com website and there was NO mention about having to have Hyperspace. So either, a). they are setting a lot of people up for disappointment when they find out that Hyperspace is required or b). Hyperspace will NOT be required to view the Tartakovsky commentarys and episodes. I'll try and tape the thing and encode it tonight if I am not to busy.
  25. JediTrilobite Jedi Master

star 7
    I would love to play as a clone trooper.

Or, the commentary will be seperate from hyperspace... more than one
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.