main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Just saw Clone Wars Season 3(spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by XTRO, Mar 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XTRO

XTRO Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2002
    I had a chance to see the whole thing at the Egyptian Theater yesterday. The first episode starts off right where the last one ended and was probably the best all around episode. There was a lot of good Grievous animation as he fights off a group of Clone Troopers and a Republic Gunship. Following episode highlights include Grievous training with Count Dooku, Mace Windu riding a droid starfighter, Yoda and Mace fighting on Coruscant, Grievous and his bodygaurds chasing down Palpatine near a train station, and Anakin sacrificing his robotic arm for a new race of creatures. There were also a lot of good character moments between Anakin and Obi Wan as well as between Anakin and Padme. That being said, I did'nt feel like these were quite as good as the first batch. The level of animation and overall craftmanship just was'nt as strong. There were also the typical storytelling hiccups that occur in most of Genndy's stuff. I don't want to sound too negative though. Overall I enjoyed them. If you liked the first two seasons you will most likely enjoy season three as well.

2. LandoSystem1138

LandoSystem1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2005
    robotic arm for a race of creaturs? What the?

and where do the wookies factor in?!

3. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Was the fight with Grievous & Windu on top of the train in it?

4. The_General_Grievous

The_General_Grievous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2005
    ya who dsoe grievous lightsaber in the battle over coruscant

5. master_organa

master_organa Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 5, 2004
    If you have read LOE, how does it flow with CW?

6. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    He mentioned the trainstation so it obviously DOES roughly fit with LOE. [face_mischief]

7. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Okay, this doesn't really sound like a spoiler too much. Most of this stuff we already know. If you really did see it, what I and everybody wants to know is did GG use 4 lightsabers like in the LOE novel? What was Yoda's scene with the force? Did he do some over the top stuff? What about Mace? Genndy stated in an interview that he had some more action. In the lightsaber fights, were there any high leaping going on? What about jettroopers? Were there any there like the two shots at the Hypersapce site showed? What about laser color in the outer space battle. Was there red, blue and green? What about the space battle above? Are jedi starfighters in them? What about the Ventress class destroyers? Now thats a real spoiler, not that crap that was posted. If you notice, he didn't tell us anything that we already don't know from the novel, reversal of fortune comic, and the multiple little short trailers airing on the cartoon network. Sorry! Until some of this stuff is answered, I won't consider it a spoiler. It's junk

8. outcastja

outcastja Jedi Master

Apr 8, 2002
    There were jettroopers where Anakin and Obi was sent on a mission. They were also in space when Saesee Tiin (I think that's his name) took over an enemy spaceship after one of their ships was hit.

Shaak Ti, Foul Moudama, Roron Corobb ran off with Palpatine when GG broke into his office. This left one Blue guard and clone troopers against GG, and he crushed them all. So those jedi eventually went all over the city and fought against GG and his bodyguards lots of crazy action. They were all jumping all over the place, fighting on top of a starfreighter and eventually fought in a train station and ran away again. In the end, Shaak Ti told Foul Moudama and Roron Corobb to run off with Palpatine as she faced a bunch of GG's bodyguards. Foul and Roron eventually face GG, where they checkmate him with both sabers. This is where GG reveals his other two arms and gets two more sabers and kills them both. That's when the guards stop fighting with Shaak Ti, she realizes what has happen and runs to face GG, where he beats her takes her saber and ties her up.

Mace flies in his starfighter but it gets hit like three minutes into it, so he jumps on an enemy fighter ship and controls it by pulling the wires out of the ship. Yoda in the beginning uses the force to crush the ground vechiles and make Trade Federation ships crash in the air. Eventually Mace meets up with Yoda where they basically take over one side of the battle and the clone troopers fight on the other side. Both Yoda and Mace realize this was just a diversion to kidnap Palpatine. So Mace gets on a gunship to find GG and Palpatine. GG was boarding his ship when Mace arrived, and Mace did some force choke on GG's body that just made him crumble to his knees. Then the ship flies off, and Mace jumps pretty damn high to try to catch it but fails. Mace then finds Shaak Ti all tied up and the other two jedi dead.

The end showed Anakin getting his new arm and both Anakin and Obi receiving the news about the invasion. The last shot was zooming out, with the space battle in full effect.

One thing that disappointed me was not enough Aayla Secura footage, probably twenty seconds max. And it isn't revealed how Anakin gets his scar. After being knighted, there was a montage of him being a badass which ended with him seeing Padme. She sees the scar and next shot is of their room light turning off as they go make the twins.

9. You-Want-This

You-Want-This Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2004
    Biggest shock for me was Obiwan and Anakin on the bridge of a Republic Star Destroyer. Chills!

Also explained in the new series is 3PO's new gold finish.

And Mace's starfighter matches his lightsaber color.

10. vong333

Oct 18, 2003
    Yep, this is pretty ggod. Thankz for the spoilers buddy. I know you posted them on the other thread about going to see Genndy.

11. The_General_Grievous

The_General_Grievous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2005
  12. vong333

Oct 18, 2003
    Was there any leaping/flying type scenes like the one in Chapter 13 with Mace?

13. XTRO

XTRO Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2002
    Hey Vong333 here's some more "junk" for you. No, Grievous does not use four lightsabers. During the train sequence the characters never actually fight on top of the trains. The trains are just buzzing around them. I also read the Genndy interview where he said Yoda would use force powers in a battle but it was never that big of a scene. Definately nothing like the Mace Windu fight.
    Anakin losing his robotic arm has to do with him grabbing a crystal out of a forcefield to save these fat mutated creatures who wind up tearing off there robotic arms to honor Anakin. Sounds weird but it happens.

14. vong333

Oct 18, 2003
    Thankz Xtro, but somebody posted and said that he saw GG using 4 lightsabers in the cartoon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.