main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Just saw "Raiders"

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by jedi_withouta_clue77, Jul 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_withouta_clue77

jedi_withouta_clue77 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2005
    My parents have kept me in sort of a movie timewarp, so I never got to see any of the classics. And even when I did se "Raiders" They turned it off towards the end because of all the violence. I liked it but my dad told me not to watch it again. Will Indy IV Be violent, becasue if so, my heart is set towards watching it on the big screen, and if its violent I wont get to watch it.

Ide enjoy spoilers as well. :D

2. macevspalpy113

macevspalpy113 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Are you kidding? Every Indy Movie has at least some violence... (no offence)

3. JediPrettyBoy

JediPrettyBoy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2005
    I remember the first time I saw those guys melt at the end of raiders.

For some reason, I still find it somewhat disturbing.

4. zombie

zombie Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 1999
    Last Crusade was pretty tame compared to the other two. Raiders has some pretty graphic stuff at the end and Temple of Doom initially got an R but Last Crusade was pretty family-friendly (there still is a semi-implied decapitation and Donovan crumbling to dust); i have a feeling Indy IV will be about the same level.

5. jedi_withouta_clue77

jedi_withouta_clue77 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2005
    Well as far as that goes, i got a good solid chance of seeing it in theaters. Hey is harrison playing it. you know hollywood, going for young actors...wait lucas is independent right?

6. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    Semi-implied? Don't you pretty much see the guys head roll down the steps and out the door? I think that's a little more than just implied.

7. howardgarbo

howardgarbo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2005
    Not to mention there's a gag about Indy and his dad both knowing Elsa's "charm".

8. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I can't imagine Indy IV will be as "Violent" as 'Raiders'. That Spielberg has been replaced by the guy who changed the guns to flashlights in E.T.

9. Indiana_Fett

Indiana_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2004
    There is a difference between aiming guns at Nazis and Vice-versa and aiming guns at children.

10. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    What I'm saying is that the 1982 model Spielberg didn't have any trouble with it (It was in the movie afterall), but the 2002 model did. You get older, have kids, you change. Happened to Lucas, happened to Spielberg. Who knows, maybe that'll be a good fit for an older Indy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.