main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Just seen Matrix revolutions : what a shame !

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by EricM, Nov 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diabloblanco17

diabloblanco17 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2002
    I just saw the movie today, and I must say, I'm rather glad that I went into the movie expecting to be disappointed. As it was, I wasn't disappointed, for the most part at least.

The one thing I had a major problem with, though, was the fact that everything in the movie was grossly underdeveloped and unexplained. In my opinion, there should have been less focus on some of the action scenes, and a bit more on dialogue.

For example, I was expecting more talking prior to the Super Burly Brawl. However, Neo and Smith exchanged a few words, and then they went at it. Nothing like Smith's speech before the Burly Brawl in Reloaded, which was great.

Overall, I liked it. It wasn't a great movie, but it was still quite entertaining.

As to the above post, all I can do is roll my eyes. You're taking incredibly minor things and saying they destroyed the movie for you. Pretty absurd, if you ask me.

The bullet-time punch did look silly, though.

2. fireresq7

fireresq7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    Well I must say I was dissapointed with the way the movie was structured like:
    ~~~~SPOILERS~~~~
    1. The whole explanation of Neo being trapped in the begining

2. Trinity's long corny death.."kiss me ...please...kiss me" God it sounded like a scene in the movie "Hot Shots" when the chick asks Charlie Sheen to kiss her and she's burping and has blood all over her mouth!

3. The whole un believable battle at Zion
    1 AUP standing and 3million sentinals charging at him all move out of the way when they get shot.

4. Oh and the whole EMP thing!! Only ships have them?If that's their best defense then why isn't the cave loaded with them?

5. Oh and comeon!!! how long did it take NEO to figure out that that guy was SMITH? He practically gave himself away with his- 20 min-look how good I imitate Smith- blah blah blah ranting speech about purpose and enevitablity blah blah blah and purpose, purpose, purpose...etc.

All well... we know they are going to make more movies...I mean noone won the war....they are at PEACE!

I liked part 1 and 2 the best. I was just hoping to see more of the matrix and NEO kicking ... I don't know maybe the TWIN's BUTT before fighting SMITH.

3. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Raindrops are spherical. There's no getting around it. I know exactly what the CG artists did. When you see raindrops on film, they are all motion-blurred. So the 'public' percieves them as small cylinders of water. Why not render them as small cylinders of water then!?

Thank you so much! I knew something was wrong with that shot but I just couldn't place it.

M. Scott

4. The-Matt-Man

The-Matt-Man Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    actually, aren't raindrops cubes :D

-Matt

5. Master_Katrov

Master_Katrov Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2002
    What I would like to know, is if they needed every ship back "in order to survive the attack", then why isnt there any in the Dock? With ALL of those ships having EMP's, and Lock claiming they DONT have an EMP, then either they just randomly disapeared or some other event happened where they were destroyed somehow.

6. diabloblanco17

diabloblanco17 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2002
    4. Oh and the whole EMP thing!! Only ships have them?If that's their best defense then why isn't the cave loaded with them?

Weren't you paying attention? Commander Lock got pissed off after the first battle because the EMP had been set off. It was unrealistic to assume that they would have won that fight without it, but it also had the effect of frying the systems of all the APU's that had merely had their pilots killed. Thus, they couldn't just go up and bring the APU's down for the next battle. They would require extensive repairs that the defenders didn't have time for.

7. fireresq7

fireresq7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    well the real reason he got pissed off was because he was playing a character that they wanted you to hate and say"what an A*&@$#ole". face it, they filled the movie with excuses because they really didn't have a good reason to explain why they didn't have EMP's in the cave.(this is their movie, they can say anything or makeup anthing they want! they way they used the EMPs are not real...all they had to do was pretend that EMPs don't affect any computer systems. I mean if the ships use EMPs and their computers are fine I'm sure they coulda made it like that in Zion. They just wanted an excuse for a long battle and a heroic scene for the stars of the movie.
    My opinion of course.
    ~Rory

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.