main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JUST THE FACTS III: Characters & Story Only (3NS version, 24 Mar)

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Grilled-Sarlacc, Feb 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    WARNING!!!!! This thread is not for the hardcore spoiler-free fans!!! There are Ep3 pictures and a large amount of confirmed information and you may learn way much more information than you really want to know at this point. So, be mindful. This document was reviewed and blessed by stinrab and Mace Windy, so it is ok to post in this forum. It will also be on the main TFN Ep3 news page very soon.

Hello, 3NS fans! :D

This is spin-off of the ongoing "JUST THE FACTS II" Thread. Only, this thread is much shorter and much more specific as it deals only with the characters and story/plot points, rather than list all production and background information. This version of JTF III is the 3NS version of the 3SA thread.

As with JTF II, you will not find rumors, unproven SPY REPORTS, or heresay in this thread. This is completely official news, Hyperspace information, news articles and...JUST THE FACTS!

Due to the fact the content of this document has outgrown the maximum allowed text for a single forum post, I have moved it to an external file found at the link below. Enjoy!

[link=http://www.grilled-sarlacc.com/ep3/jtf/jtf3ns.htm]JUST THE FACTS III: Characters & Story Only[/link] (3NS version, 24 Mar, 2004)

I hope you enjoy it,

[hl=lightcyan][color=teal][b]G-S[/b][/color][/hl]

2. PloKloon1138

PloKloon1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2001
    Awesome stuff...the hardcore spoiler-free people should stay away, though. That pretty much pushes the limit on how much Episode III stuff I want to know, but reading all that in one big swoop really makes me eager for May 2005. :)

3. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Thanks GS!! :D :D Oh, it's so exciting :p

Question... can we have a thread to dicuss these quotes in particular (since they all come from different places)... say picking one at a time? We could do it here or somewhere else??

4. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    Question... can we have a thread to dicuss these quotes in particular (since they all come from different places)... say picking one at a time? We could do it here or somewhere else??

I have no problem with you doing it in here. Of course, you'd have to leave the title of the thread rather general and put a warning on it for our hardcore members. Other than that, go for gold ;)

5. PloKloon1138

PloKloon1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2001
    Go for it RebelScum77! There are so many exciting ones to choose from. :D

6. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    Well let's start the dicussion in here... if it doesn't work, then I'll start a different thread.

NOW DISCUSSING.... ANAKIN SKYWALKER

? "The scene where Anakin does actually become Vader is pretty good. I mean, I like it. It?s a little in the vocabulary of?I don?t know how much I want to give away?but it?s in the vocabulary of a time ? of the 1930s and 1940s. It?s a pretty neat little thing, I think, and hopefully it?s going to work." - GL

? "It?s mostly Anakin in Ep3 as opposed to Vader" - GL

? In this film, you realize, it?s more about Anakin making the wrong choices. He?s given a glorious moment by George -- I?m so happy with part of the script -- where he truly has to make a choice. In the end, I think that?s a smarter way to go than a slow transformation. It?s more tragic this way."  - Iain McCaig

Now these are pretty hefty quotes. All three are related. Let's start it off right!

30s and 40s? A neat little thing? A glorious moment? DISCUSS!

7. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    "The current plan is for Anakin to have the same metallic hand he had at the end of AOTC." - JK
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ? "Vader may have more screentime that originally anticipated." - RM

I think the hand will look cool, and I like the fact the GL is considering putting a little more Vader in it.

8. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Geez. Wow. I don't know what to say.

I think I've read a lot of that stuff before, but to read it all at once....this movie is going to be unbelievably good.

But I think I'm at the point where I either have to stop now and not learn ANY more at all about the movie, or the other part of me wants to run to the 3SA forum to find out as much as I possibly can. 8-}

EVERY single line in "Just the Facts" was exciting to me. Well, pretty close to every line.

I'm trying to piece together a sort-of timeline in my mind from the info in Just the Facts III...this movie is going to be crazy.

The fact that people have used words like "shocking", "disturbed", "angry", "blown away", particularly with respect to Anakin give me high hopes. :D

RS_77 - I totally want to talk about this, but I dunno if it's going to work in this thread.

There's so many aspects of the film to discuss.

Maybe, Stinrab or Windy, can we now start threads like "*Official* Just The Facts III: Anakin Skywalker - SPOILERS!"

OR: "*Official* Just the Facts III: Locations - SPOILERS!"??

Judging from some comments I've read elsewhere on this board, we might have another debate about what constitutes a spoiler.

Again. :_|

9. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    30s and 40s?

Sounds to me like it's going to be something along the lines of Metropolis. I think Lucas might use some of the visuals from that as his starting point.

EDIT: Maybe, Stinrab or Windy, can we now start threads like "*Official* Just The Facts III: Anakin Skywalker - SPOILERS!"

That's what we tried to do with the OS threads. No one was really biting at our bait, however :p It's probably better off if 3NSers can create a thread themselves about a certain quote or something (but, naturally, they'd have to keep the title general and put up a warning).

10. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    "Vader may have more screentime that originally anticipated." - RM

I remember where this quote originally came from. At first GL wasn't even going to show the Vader suit at all. And when they decided to add a little more "Vader" in, Rick said that. That's an older quote as well.

The one about mostly Anakin as opposed to Vader is more recent. And JEJ has been quoted as saying he speaks in the last 5 minutes... although that is also a pretty old quote and may not be reliable anymore.

If it would please you Garth Maul we can make those individual threads (according to the illustrious stinrab). I just didn't at the risk of repeating everything GS said above. I'll go ahead and start the Anakin one and if you want to start a different discussion, go right ahead ;) Just make sure you put warnings all over it. And don't worry about the spoiler debate... I think it's pretty clear in this case.

11. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    "30s and 40s?"

To be honest with you, I'm thinking along the lines of Frankenstine. It might make sense if Palpatine would have to somehow revive a limp Anakin.

:cool: Mace Windy,
    too windy for words!

12. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    I agree, something in me heard that quote way back when and had the image of Palpatine pumping Vader's body full of Force lightning to 'revive' him. Very Frankenstein :D

Damn...I really want to read that stuff...aw...I guess I'm not that hardcore non-spoiler, I can get away with it... [face_mischief]

13. DamonD

Nov 22, 2002
    Man...I just read only the Anakin section...I'm practically shaking with excitement about some of that stuff. Wow!

Anakin will be a Jedi Knight in Ep3, no longer a padawan. -PH

So that one's finally put to rest. The only question is whether Kenobi will be a confirmed Jedi Master or not?

14. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Well, I think there's a comment later on that says something like "Obi-Wan will clearly have advanced in skill during the Clone Wars, and he is higher in the Jedi Echelons."

I assume that means he is a Jedi Master - if not, that he should be. 8-}

15. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    [image=http://www.grilled-sarlacc.com/ep3/new.jpg]

16. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    That's a great pic GS!! Ooh... lots of fighting... and Hayden is a tall man...

17. DamonD

Nov 22, 2002
    Plus Nick is a shortarse :p
    Anakin looks so different already...I was hoping that we'd have something along the line of the change between Obi-Wan in TPM and AOTC, but it seems even more extreme with Anakin. Wow.

I'm definitely not gonna read any more of GS's report now, that Anakin section was enough for me. It really is, as someone said, about the limit you can reach before getting into specific spoilers.

Man! :D Can't wait, heh.

18. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    Going through this again...

? We will not see any Jedi spirits in Ep3, but it will be explained why some Jedi have the ability to appear as spirits and others do not. -PH

? We will not see the Jedi Trials in the film. -PH

? There will not be any grand surprises but we will have a sense of familiarity with how the story of Ep3 unfolds. What surprises there are will revolve around the new locations, characters and elements that no one had predicted. For the prequels, the big surprise was when we learned in Ep1 that Darth Vader was once an innocent little kid. -PH

? The Dagobah cave was explained in Ep5 and will not need further explanation in Ep3. -PH

? The Tusken Slaughter is mentioned in Ep3. -PH

Interesting... we won't actually see Force ghosts but they'll be explained... no Jedi trials, but Anakin will be a Knight... and no big surprises (Palpatine is not a clone!)... some people will be disappointed about the cave... and I'm way interested in how the Slaughter gets mentioned...

19. DamonD

Nov 22, 2002
    Well, I only read the Anakin section and left it at that. It's really right on the edge of knowing too much detail, I'm not being 100% spoiler-free but I am trying to keep actual information as vague as possible. I enjoyed AOTC immensely by keeping my mind as open as possible.

Congrats to Grilled for doing such a sterling job with putting it together, though.

I will have a think about RS77's points though because they sounds intrieging and aren't major plot points :)

* Sounds like the faint QGJ as a ghost thoughts are gone now, but so long as there is some explanation or rational offered then that's all I ask.

* Not seeing the Jedi Trials isn't a problem to me, I prefer having it left free to the imagination.

* I'm happy enough with the Dagobah cave explanation at the moment, so that'll do fine. Probably get covered in EU one of these days.

* ...but I will be glad if the Tusken Slaughter is mentioned. This really emphasizes its importance as Anakin's first big step into the Dark Side. Wonder if Anakin will mention it to Obi-Wan?

20. Padlei

Padlei Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2003
    The Dagobah cave not being mentioned doesn't bother me either. I always thought it was just a fanboy thing... ;) It doesn't need to be explained. It's fine as it is in ESB.
    The Jedi trials not being shown is better as well. It's not really needed in the story since Anakin will already be a Knight.
    As for the infamous Tusken massacre I like that it's mentioned. Wondering who will talk about it. Anakin to Obi Wan? Or maybe Padme to Obi Wan since she seems to be the only one beside Anakin to know about it...

21. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    ? We will not see any Jedi spirits in Ep3, but it will be explained why some Jedi have the ability to appear as spirits and others do not. -PH

Fair enough. :)

? We will not see the Jedi Trials in the film. -PH I'm a little dissapointed here, but no biggie.

? There will not be any grand surprises but we will have a sense of familiarity with how the story of Ep3 unfolds. What surprises there are will revolve around the new locations, characters and elements that no one had predicted. For the prequels, the big surprise was when we learned in Ep1 that Darth Vader was once an innocent little kid. -PH

If this is being compared to the suprise between Vader & Luke in ESB, that's okay. From the 'Seen the OT, then the PT' POV, that would have been good, but ESB won't be that suprising if you're coming from the 'Seen PT then OT' POV. You'll know Luke is Anakin's son, if by name only even.

? The Dagobah cave was explained in Ep5 and will not need further explanation in Ep3. -PH

Didn't know anything about this. It would be nice, but still, no biggie.

? The Tusken Slaughter is mentioned in Ep3. -PH

This I'm glad about, because I think that was a big part of Anakin's downfall to the Dark Side.

May 05 can't come quick enough! :D

22. DamonD

Nov 22, 2002
    Absolutely :D

Watching the OT first, the big surprise is that the evil Darth Vader is Luke's father.
    Watching the PT first, the big surprise is that this good-natured little kid turns totally evil and causes massive destruction across the galaxy.

Works either way :)

23. Worst_Jedi_Ever

Worst_Jedi_Ever Jedi Master star 1

Jan 13, 2004
    Just as an aside, as the ESB cave has been brought up: I agree with those who have said that no explanation outside of Yoda's lines in that film is necessary. But there's a line in TPM that I think sheds light on it, as well: When QGJ tells the Jedi Council that he's discovered a "vergance in the Force", Mace asks if the vergance is "centered around a person". While the answer here is yes (the person being Ani), it's implied that the answer might well have been that no, it wasn't centered around a person (or an individual, because I get the impression that Mace means "person" in the general sense of a sentient being). If that's the case, then it's possible (probable?) that the cave in ESB is an example of a vergance in the Force centered around a location rather than a being.

24. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    One of the characters announced pretty early on caught my attention...this was the Fire Ship Captain. Sounds like a space firefighter. I read that he will be putting out a fire on Coruscant, I believe, according to Just the Facts?

Well, what could this be about? I speculate it is one of two things:

a) there is a major battle on Coruscant at the end of the Clone Wars. Some of the Lucasfilm people at one time referred to the opening battle as an 'air battle,' so I wonder if perhaps the Fire Ship Captain is fighting a fire on the surface caused by this battle.

b) some form of sabotage causes an explosion on Coruscant. Maybe something Sidious plans, and uses to blame the Jedi and accuse them of being traitors to the Republic. Perhaps even a botched assassination attempt on himself, maybe at the theater. This would tie in nicely with the whole Empire=Nazis theme, as the Nazis burned the Reichstag building (in 1933 I believe) to create more reason to blame Jews. This helped Hitler continue his rise from Chancellor to Fuhrer. I don't think it is a coincidence that Lucas decided to use the obscure title of Chancellor for the ruler of his galaxy, as this was the title of the leader of Germany. And obviously he lifted the term 'Stormtrooper' directly from the Nazis, so I think it would be an interesting historical twist if he used a fire on the capital planet as one more nail in the coffin of the Jedi. This might also continue the tie-in to the "theme of the 30's/40's" Lucas quote.

25. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Or else the Jedi Temple is on fire.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.