main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends -- Just thinking about you -- Jaina/Miko COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SoloDurron, Apr 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoloDurron

SoloDurron Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2004
    Author: SoloDurron
    Title: Just thinking about you
    Genre: romance, action
    Summary: Miko meets up with Jaina and one thing leads to the other. I suck at summaries, just take a look for yourself
    Disclaimer: As always I don?t own anything, only possible original characters. Everything else is owned by the great George Lucas
    Author?s note: I?m trying something new here, just bear with me

Just thinking about you

He could feel her arms coming around his neck and her mouth opening up to him to allow him access. Her lips felt good on his and her hands burned a heated path right to his bones. His heart was on fire and his stomach fluttered. He pulled her even closer to him than he thought possible and his hands wandered through her hair. He was just about to?

?Hello, reality to Miko. Man where are you with your thoughts? They sure aren?t where they?re supposed to be!? 21-year old Jedi Knight Miko Reglia looked up to see his best friend Wurth Skidder waving a hand in front of his face. ?What? Isn?t a man allowed some private thought??

Wurth broke out in a laugh. Tall, handsome and fair Wurth was easy going on the eyes of many women of many different species, but he?d always denied such a claim and spent most of his time with his friends, when he wasn?t on missions for the Jedi Academy. He was currently spending some down time with his fellow Jedi Knight Miko in a bar in the lower levels of Coruscant. ?Well that rules you out then,? he said to Miko

Miko stared at his friend. ?Haha, very funny Skidder. So what are we going to do today? We?re not going to hang-out here all day, are we? This place is certainly among the smellier places of Coruscant,?

?That?s just because the place is run by a Hutt, but the drinks are good and even better, they?re cheap. Being a Jedi certainly doesn?t guarantee a wealthy income. Anyway, I have a meeting with Master Skywalker in about an hour.?

?Does he require your extraordinary skills to gain some information again??

?It?s something like that. Actually I hope not, I was hoping for some time off. Come one let?s go or I?ll be late,? Wurth finished of his drink and handed some credits to a multi-handed waiter.

> > > > > > >>>

Miko had just seen Wurth of on a mission for Master Skywalker and was on his way back to his quarters, reserved in the Jedi Base on Coruscant, when he walked into something soft. ?oempfh?

?Nerf herder, can?t you watch where you?re going?? 20-year old Jaina Solo said as she stood up and straightened her outfit. She was en route to her parent?s apartment when she walked into Miko. ?You could have given me a hand, you know! What, bantha got your tongue?? she said when Miko?s light blue eyes continued to stare at her.

Jaina Solo was the last person Miko had expected to run into on Coruscant. Last he?d seen her she was with her twin at the Jedi Academy on Yavin IV. ?Uh, sorry, are you okay. I guess I wasn?t really looking where I was going.?

Jaina broke out in laugh and for the second time this day Miko wondered why people were always laughed at him so much. Jaina must have sensed his confusion and said; ?You?re such a dreamer Miko. No wonder people were surprised to see you become a Jedi Knight.?

Miko rolled his eyes. ?You?re not helping,?

Jaina chuckled. ?Get over it, Reglia. You know I?m right. Hey, what are you doing tonight? I?m in need of a sparring partner. I was on my way to ask my brother, but he?s on this quest to find answers from the Force and he doesn?t make much of a sparring partner.?

?What about your mother?? Miko?s mind couldn?t quite wrap around the fact that Jaina just asked him to be her sparring partner. And he could hit himself for asking a question as stupid as asking her mother.

Jaina stared at him incredulously. ?My mum? You do know who you?re talking about, don?t you? I would get as much practise as a Hutt would get from a case of Corellian whiskey!?

It was Miko?s turn to laugh. ?It would be some sight. So right now??

2. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    Whoa. Do I get first reply? [face_shocked]

This is an interesting concept for AU. I haven't heard of the pairing before, but I like this story so far. Can't wait to read what comes next!
    I always thought that it was sorta sad that Miko was pulled out of the galaxy so early in the NJO, so I'm glad to see him in a fic.

3. Kettch_the_Jedi

Kettch_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 22, 2002
    Intresting idea. :) Keep going.

4. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    LOL I just realized I posted this with my sock...:D

Solo_and_Fel: Yup the place is all yours. It is an interesting concept, and I don't know if it's been done before. I'd like to think I'm original. I'm glad someone replied. I'll post the next part either tonight or tomorrowmorning!

Kettch_the_Jedi: Why thank you! And I certainly will! I'm glad you find it interesting so far :)

5. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Oooh, it's finally here! Great job!

6. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    Thanks Kobe ;) Even though you already read most of the story.

Hmmm, I guess Jaina/Miko is not as popular as I'd hoped

7. Wes_Janson

Wes_Janson Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 17, 2004
    Well, this is AU, but well written AU.

Melikes.

:D

8. Solo_and_Fel

Apr 19, 2004
    Ok. Since I did get the first reply, I thought I would try for the first post that's focus was just:

UP!

:::patiently waits for the next post:::

9. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    LOL no worries, that will be real soon, just doing some revising. :D

Wes_Janson: Yup, very AU...forgot to mention it. LOL I can work with interesting. Thanks! Nice name btw ;)

10. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    that was really good, SoloDurron..... I mean Elfsheen :p Very original pairing, and I love the background info on Miko. Have to keep my eye on this one ;)

11. Solo_and_Fel

Apr 19, 2004

UP AGAIN!!

:::Goes back to waiting patiently:::

12. Solo_and_Fel

Apr 19, 2004

UP AGAIN!!

:cool:

13. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    LOL no worries, I'm going to post in a little while.

14. SoloDurron

Mar 25, 2004
    Part II

Two months later?

Miko sensed Jaina a second before she walked around the corner straight into him. They both fell to the ground of the Jedi Academy on Yavin IV. Miko quickly stood up and held out and to help Jaina.

Jaina shook her head. ?We?ve got to stop meeting like this.?

?That we do, Jaina. It?s good to see you again.? Miko smiled at the young woman before him. She looked even more beautiful than when he had last seen her.

?It?s good to see you too.? Jaina suddenly stared at the ground before she looked up again. ?Look, Miko, I?m sorry I left without letting you know. It was j ? it, well? Something came up and I just needed some time for myself, so I went with Aunt Mara on a mission. I?m sorry,? she finished with a rush.

Miko regarded her with surprise. He had thought the date a one time deal, surely after he?d called her two days after and heard she was on a mission. Clearly she?d felt different. He was so stupid sometimes. ?Uh, that?s okay. So, eh, how was the mission??

Jaina gave a quick smile. ?Didn?t quite turn out the way it was supposed to be.?

?You?re okay, right?? Miko asked worriedly.

?No, no, not that way. It was just we ended up being witnesses on the informant's wedding. I?m surprised it isn?t on the Holo-Net yet,? Jaina quickly reassured him

I?ve really got to stop making these stupid blunders, Miki thought. ?So what are you doing here??

?Oh, I?m just visiting my little brother and I wanted to talk to Master Skywalker about some things. What are you doing?? Jaina asked

?Just about the same thing, exepct for the visiting little brother part. I?m not sure what I want to do next. Missions isn?t for me so is politics, I?m thinking of teaching, but I want to talk to Master Skywalker about it first.

Jaina slung an arm around his waist. ?We?re on the same ship then. Want to walk it of with me? I was just about the go on jog. I could use some company.?

?I can?t refuse a lady now, can I? I accept. But give me a chance to change my outfit first.?

?I didn?t know you were so vain, Miko,? Jaina said with a smile. When he opened his mouth to say something, but nothing came out she giggled. ?Joke, Miko, joke. Sheesh you really do tumble into anything.

Miko was still staring at her when she started walking towards the exit. ?I?ll meet you outside,? she said over her shoulder.

> > > > > > >>>

?Come on Miko, keep up!? Jaina shouted over her shoulder. Miko was running behind her, or so she thought. When he suddenly appeared in front of her leaning against a tree, she could help but gape at him. ?Now who needs to keep up?? Miko asked lazily.

?How did you do that?? Jaina asked in wonder.

?A Jedi never reveals his secrets,? Miko said and started jogging again. ?Now keep up.?

?But?I thought I knew all the shortcuts,? Jaina started running after him. ?And I don?t remember there being a shortcut on this path,?

Miko slowed down a little so she could catch up. When she walked beside him he said, ?Who said it was a short cut?? Jaina looked at him incredulously. ?Well, I guess you don?t know all of them. Wurth and I made it a hobby to find all the shortcuts so we didn?t have to run Solusar?s wicked runs. Unfortunately he always caught us.? Miko rolled his eyes. ?And made us run an additional 5 miles.?

Jaina chuckled. ?You should have known better than to fool a Jedi.?

?I fooled you, didn?t I??

?Yes you did, and now I have to get even. Last over the stream buys the drinks tonight!? Jaina started sprinting toward the stream ahead. There was no bridge, but there were stones in the stream as a means of passing. Jaina had passed that stream a million times before. She could hear Miko behind her.

?What drinks and where? There?s no bar around here!? But he started sprinting after her nevertheless.

Miko was close behind her when she jumped from one stone to another, but when he reached out to hold her arm he slipped and lost his hold on the slippery stone and just as he was about the call on the Force to regain his balance

15. kyps_godess

kyps_godess Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    nooooooo
    miko hurt!!
    nooooooo

hurry up jaina you have to save him as he saved you!!!

this is wicked!!
    i love it and i don't normally like pairings other than j/k but this is great
    more soon please?

kyps godess

16. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Eep! Poor Miko! :( Hurry, Jaina!

17. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    uhoh, Miko's in trouble! :eek: I have a feeling Jaina will be coming to his rescue though ;) Enjoyed the jogging scene, that was a lot of fun, and I wonder what these goons want with Jaina...

Great post!!!

18. Rose_Skywalker

Rose_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2002

I love this story its really good. Its got a different plot, sort of an new twists on old characters. I think its perfect. Miko and Jaina seem a good match for each other. They have that same playful spark Han and Leia did, without the bickering. Now Miko is hurt and unconcsious and Jaina is running to get help. What have you gotten the love birds into? I inquiring minds want to know! Great story :D

19. Solo_and_Fel

Apr 19, 2004
    Yay I can see the boards again AND part 2!

Miko sensed Jaina a second before she walked around the corner straight into him. They both fell to the ground of the Jedi Academy on Yavin IV. Miko quickly stood up and held out and to help Jaina.

Jaina shook her head. ?We?ve got to stop meeting like this.?

Sorta cliche, but I like it. Its almost like he wanted her to run into him with him sensing her beforehand. :D

?I can?t refuse a lady now, can I? I accept. But give me a chance to change my outfit first.?

Miko's classy. I like his continual charm in the first part and this. Its just enough.

Then he did something so impulsively it surprised even himself.

I think guys find themselves doing that around Jaina. It sort of reminds me of back in the days of Han surprising himself around Leia.

Nice job. Now I just have to wait for part three. :cool:

20. Solo_and_Fel

Apr 19, 2004
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand.......

UP

21. Wes_Janson

Wes_Janson Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 17, 2004
    Ok, those sry SOB's are in trouble :D

22. Solo_and_Fel

Apr 19, 2004
    UP!

sorry... it slipped too far down. :cool:

23. Elfsheen

Feb 9, 2003
    kyps_godess: hiii! I'm glad you like it. I like new readers. Yeah this was just a crazy thing that came to mind.

Mike: who says he's hurt. It was a cliffie. Anything can happen. LOL and who says Jaina's going to come back?

Wes: my my the expectations of Jaina ;) Yeah the jogging scene was fun to write. I had some inspiration about that. What they want with her? Well, the clue is in the first post.

Rose_Skywalker: Yay another new reader? [face_shocked] Perfect? woa. thanks! *hugs*
    Jaina/Miko is something new. Like Han and Leia? I never thought about it that way. Interesting. I have to keep that in mind

Solo_and_Fel: Cliche. I know. I think every story has to have something cliche. It makes it good! I'm glad you like it.

Wes_Janson: Darling! Nice to see you here. I thought you hated the NJO and since Miko is an NJO invention. I'm honoured then ;)

Most soon after the weekend!

24. SoloDurron

Mar 25, 2004
    I know this was supposed to be a 3 part story, but I came up with a twist, so it's going to be one post longer. Here's part III, enjoy!

> > > > > > >>>

Part III

Jaina ran with the Force coursing through her being and guiding her through the damp jungle of Yavin IV. She had felt a short stab of pain coming from Miko. For a moment she?d contemplated going back, but she knew she wouldn?t be able to help. The only way to help him now was get back to the Academy and get help, however much she disliked taking this course.

She felt a presence somewhere in the jungle before her and stopped dead in her tracks almost causing her to stumble, but years of training kept her upright. She quickly stepped behind a tree, searching for a weapon. Upon not finding one, she took a deep breath and clenched her fists.

When she felt the presence close by she stepped from behind the tree intend to knock the person out, instead her arm was caught mid-swing and twisted behind her back.

?Woa, easy there, tiger! You might hurt yourself!? Wurth Skidder said as he released his captive. ?If you want to sneak up on someone you shouldn?t have your Force presence flaring like that. I don?t think they?ve felt you on Coruscant just yet!? Wurth grinned.

?Wurth!? Jaina practically screamed his name with joy.

?Shhhsss!? not so loud, they might hear you. Wurth took her arm and led her to the tree she had been hiding behind.

?You know who they are? Why are they here? What do they want?? Jaina whispered.

?Of course I know. That was my mission. Your mother suspects some NRI agents to be corrupt and leak information to certain slave-runners. When I was shadowing one of them I got wind of the group trying to kidnap you or Jacen and hold you as leverage. They knew your mother was on to them. I figured they picked you because you always go on runs. Easier that way. It appears I arrived just in time.? Wurth winked at her. ?We have to get you someplace safe.?

Jaina digested what she had just heard. Of course! The thugs from the bar when she went out with Miko! At once her thought returned to Miko! ?No, Wurth, wait! They have Miko. He tried to distract them, but I think he got hurt!?

Wurth grey eyes regarded her sharply. This was an unexpected turn. ?Miko? What does Miko have to do with this??

?Miko is back there. He distracted them long enough for me to get help, but I think he got hurt in the process. We have to help him!?

Wurth grinned. ?You and Miko? He asked playfully.

?Wurth!? Jaina snapped

?Easy tiger. No need to snap. I get it. Is there any chance that I can persuade you to go back to the Academy and leave this to me?? he asked ruefully

Jaina just stared

?Right, didn?t think so.? Wurth handed her a blaster and unclipped his blaster. ?Take this and follow my lead. Remember, it?s you they?re after.?

Jaina nodded and took the blaster. ?What do you have in mind??

Wurth turned to look at her. ?I?m thinking. I?ll come up with something. So when?s the wedding??

?Wurth!?

> > > > > > >>>

Miko kept his eyes closed and pretended to still be unconscious. His neck felt bruised and his head felt like a horde of Gamoreans partied there. His ankle throbbed painfully against their bounds. His hands were tied behind his back. At least Jaina got away. He listened to the men around them.

?What are we going to do now boss? This was not the plan.?

?Relax. It?s just a little side road. We stick to original plan?

?What about him? He?s a Jedi. We can?t leave him hear. I?ll be free in no time.?

?We stick to the plan. We leave no witnesses.?

Miko figured they were talking about him. It didn?t sound good. Jaina had better get help quickly.

> > > > > > >>>

Jaina came up behind Miko, who was crouched behind a Massassi tree. In front of them was the camp of the thugs. She saw Miko, who was bound, lying at the base of a tree. She sent a soothing brush with the Force. Then she shivered. She?s come to care a great deal about Miko in a very short time. She hadn?t plann

25. Lady_WinterCelchu

Lady_WinterCelchu Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Wow Great story!!!!!!!

Good post i hope it works. Miko sacfifiing himself for Jaina awwww true love. Cuteness

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.