main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Syra, NY just thought I'd like to say....

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by ILoveQA, May 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ILoveQA

ILoveQA Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2002
    hiya everybody...
    Vicky talked me into bringin this up in here...
    Most of you here don't really know me too well... cus I hardly ever got involved with anything... life has kept me busy enough so I can't make it out to syracuse too often.
    the purpose of this post is to let you all in on my plans for the future...
    it is my intention to start a sustainable diversified livestock farm...
    very similar to the one I am workin on right now...
    I have plans in the works right now... I got a farm in mind which is located on the north side of Rome. I don't have all of the details figured out yet and I know I still have a bit more to learn (and money to earn) before I actually get there...
    its all very truly exciting... I am curious now... who here would be interested at shopping at such a place... a farm where you can walk up and look at the animals and then go pick up a steak or a chicken and take it home knowing that it was humanely raised and that your supporting a part of your commuinity?
    is that worth the higher cost?
    I plan on raising... beef... broiler chickens... pastured eggs... pigs... sheep...and possibly a couple other things are up my sleeve but I won't know till I actually get started...
    anybody here interested in organic food? I plan on doing all my products that way someday...
    well thats enough for me... any other questions???

sorry its not really SW related... as I said... Vicky talked me into it ;)

Mike
    ILoveQA

2. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    =D= [:D]

thanks for posting mike :) I think its cool what you plan on doing... hang in there. I think it would be geat to see feedback from everyone..... I hope a few pop in here :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.