main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN Just thought I'd share... ^_^ (pictures)

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jediravenclaw, Feb 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jediravenclaw

jediravenclaw Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2004
    [image=http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o87/JedisEnglandTrip/Stonehenge/IMG_4312.jpg]

[image=http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o87/JedisEnglandTrip/Stonehenge/IMG_4332.jpg]

ooooooooh yeah. The pagan is happy ^_^

I have a zillion more...and I am quite happy to say that almost all of my pictures managed to not include the big throngs of people! w00t ^_^

2. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    OMG! That is so cool! I WILL go there someday. Are you going to see Hadrian's wall?

3. GeekGoddess

GeekGoddess Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    WOW! Color me jealous!

4. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    teehee, Thanks!! It was an amazing expiriance! Actually it was quite extraordinary...see, we (this was part of a school trip) got there and it had started to rain about a half hour before. It was dark and cloudy and sprinkling by the time we arrived at the henge. This didn't bother me so much because rain is a clensing agent and I'd brought my amethysts along with me. I figured any clensing at the henge would be a once-in-a-lifetime thing for me, so I was excited!

We walked up (you can get a lot closer than I thought you can!) and I knelt down to arrange two of my stones on the ground. Not a minute after I did this, the sun cracked through a sliver of cloud and totally illuminated everything! It was probably one of the prettiest things I've ever seen, like a sunrise in REALLY fast motion. As you can see in the pictures, that sliver got bigger until a big chunk of blue sky lay perched above us.

So, cutting a long story short, I sat there for what had to have been a half an hour before I realised I had to go on or else I'd miss the bus.

I walked around the whole thing in a circle, taking a million pictures, and then started walking back to the bus after realising I was already rather late. I get halfway back and it clouds up just as fast as it had unclouded and starts to rain! I'm already ectatic at this point, so I open my coat, hold out my arms and laugh the whole way to the bus. I got on soaked, clutching my fistfulls of amethysts (well, two main stones and a strand of rough-cut beads) and the people on board look at me with funny looks asking "ummm...have a good time lierin?" to which I replied "oh yes, the pagain is immensly happy right now!"

I'm still amazingly ecstatic over that. It was one of the coolest moments of my entire life. Just...wow.

and no, I don't think I'll get out to Hadrian's Wall this trip. I AM going to scotland twice, but flying is cheaper than train or coach. Maybe next time!

5. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    And Hadrian's wall is well out of the way of any train, coach, or aeroplane.

6. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    Well, if I'd gone with the school to Edinburgh I would have seen Hadrien's wall, but I'm going on my own instead. Next weekend actually!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.